Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    30 minutes left on the shift and then only six months until I get time off! Yeah!! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Another month of classes, then Christmas break! Then I'll just be working for a month!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Biking in through 2" of snow was tougher than I thought. HR in the 160s for a fair bit of the trip.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    One thing about doing Necropsies, my patients can't get any deader.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate when it rains on top of frozen ground. No outdoor biking for me.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Guess it's my turn to be sick. Thank heavens for cold meds. Better living through pharmacology.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm sick too. My laryngitis was so bad last night I couldn't make a sound. Not effective on patrol plus I felt like crap anyhow so a co-worker took my shift. At least tonight I can speak out loud although it's a pretty weird voice. As I'm the central check in for the static sites they'd better be able to hear me over the phone. Rain tonight washing away the snow we had. Yucky.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Weather is about the same here. Cold and raining. I'm working on a head cold. 48 hour shifts and cold medication don't make for a good combination but thankfully another vet came in to help with the caseload. She doesn't have the experience so I was taking the tough cases and she was taking the simple cases. It's working so far.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Looks like enough of the snow melted that I'll be able to ride my bike to work again.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Glad you are getting some help even if they are less experienced. Perhaps you can mentor them through the tough cases. I've got a croupy sort of cough now. Attacked by the Mucous Monster. Pulling out the disinfecting wipes to swab down the car for my co-worker's shift tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate that croup stuff. Makes your throat sore after awhile. Glad my cold stayed up in the sinuses.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally got back on the bike and rode to work. Still have a little head congestion but it's manageable with medication. Better living through pharmacology. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I preferred the snow to the gravel. The gravel holds more crap. Got my first flat in over a year.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Wow, a year to get a flat?! That's pretty good, but then you ride a pretty tough little beastie of a bike, I think. I have a low end generic sort of mountain bike to toodle around with, but my real baby is a Nishiki Tri-A with skinny little tires to go fast on pavement.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Really? A Nishiki Tri-A? Isn't that a classic? Those were nice bikes in their day. I'm jealous. We have a ride here specifically for vintage bikes. How old is that Nishiki? Are they still making them? That last one I saw was from 1985. That would be way cool to ride around for fun. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Two flats in two days. I haven’t had a flat in over a year! Guess it was my turn.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Every have one of those days when you just don't feel like talking to anyone? I would really love to just get a fire going in the fireplace, pull out the pumpkin pie, and watch stupid movies all night. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yep, 1985 would be about right :p . There are newer lighter bikes but nothing like my baby. My favorite stupid movies usually star Steve Martin. Sgt. Bilko, The Jerk, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Roxanne was another great one. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Every have one of those days when you just don't feel like talking to anyone? I would really love to just get a fire going in the fireplace, pull out the pumpkin pie, and watch stupid movies all night. :smile:

Usually while I'm sitting at work lol