Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, my sons are high functioning and go to public school. I do have normal children, if you can call an emotional teenage daughter in her senior year of high school normal. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I may have ridden my Rove to work for the last time. We're supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow on Friday so I'll be on my Tanuki Mountain bike. It has studded tires.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I wasn't pointing at you, @sufferlandrian, lol. Just those forever-students who continually change majors and get stupid degrees that do not provide a living.
    Time to pull out the nordic skiis!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @canadjineh -I didn’t think you were. I was just pointing out that I’m glad I chose the path I did. I started in electrical engineering. I’m grateful for a good career move and a job that I both enjoy and that supports my family. I see so many people less fortunate than me and it makes me grateful for career choices I’ve made. I makes me grateful for my ex wife who encouraged me not to take the safe route but to follow my dreams. We might not have been compatible in marriage, but I am grateful for her help and advice.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yeah, I think kids are pushed too early to decide what they want to do 'for the rest of their lives.' School should be about basic life skills plus reading, writing, basic math, and work ethics - the stuff parents used to teach. Then maybe after working at an entry level job for a bit to learn what the real world is like, choose a career path.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's snowing!!! :-) We have about an inch so far. It's not sticking to the roads but it's sticking everywhere else.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Sunshine here and 8C but it was cold and damp last night (1C). The wharf that I had to close up for the night was very slippery, just a tiny hint of frost, nothing you could see, but it was like glassy ice. I had to step very carefully. Beach washrooms are now closed for the season so I don't have to go there twice a shift to close and then open in the morning. Yaay, a beach in the dark and cold is kinda forlorn and a bit freaky.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Cold foggy deserted beaches with empty buildings. Sounds like the makings of a Stephen King story. :)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Cold foggy deserted beaches with empty buildings. Sounds like the makings of a Stephen King story. :)

Thanks!!! I try not to think like that when I'm trotting around the beach park and checking out the darkened washroom building :o
    That's ok though... your job has the makings of a good Cujo story ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, the snow melted off but we are supposed to reload with another round tonight. It was gorgeous this morning biking home with snow on the ground. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Between school, work, car issues, and driving my mom to about 500 dr's appointments (ok, it was 3), I'm hecking tired.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'll bet. What's the word on the car?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, apparently there are about 3 other major things about to go wrong. So, the car hunt is back on.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Try lemonadecars .com for help finding the best one
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate to bring this up, but if you are driving your mom to all her appointments and she can't drive, can you use her car for awhile?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    She doesn't have a car. She sold hers a few years ago when her eyesight got too bad.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Oops. So much for that idea.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yeah. I like the rental I have, just wish it wasn't so expensive. Thankfully I've got a friend helping me look for a car now.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, there I was, walking up to the admin building to unlock the gates, when I noticed one of the ducks flapping around at the edge of their pond. Eventually, I realize that a snapping turtle has ahold of its foot. Of course, I don't have the right key to open the gate, so I hop the fence to see what I can do. The duck doesn't really want me to touch it, so the only part of it that I can get ahold of is its head. So, I grab its head, give it a yank, and with my other hand, hit the snapping turtle with my flashlight. The turtle swims off, the duck runs off in the other direction, both are just fine (as far as I know), and my night is 127% better.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Aaannnd, as if to counterpoint, tonight I walked in on a kid laying on the floor of the park bathroom, masturbating. Smh.