Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    *yawn* Who's turn was it to bring the coffee?
  • jennifer_417
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs

I've watched this 3 times already. It's long, but hilarious.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    First night off in months and guess who couldn’t sleep all night long?
  • jennifer_417
    First night off in months and guess who couldn’t sleep all night long?

Booooo! That stinks!
  • sufferlandrian
    Well, it’s back to work tonight. Gotta brace myself for all the messages people left.
  • sufferlandrian
    First night back. 42 to go. :frowning:
  • CiDiOT73
    CiDiOT73 Posts: 248 Member
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Got called in to work....decided the extra $$ was worth it...WHAT WAS I THINKING??

No good dead goes unpunished
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Yep, called in to work tomorrow too. A company is firing an employee (must be major :o ) and they want me onsite to forestall possible 'serious unpleasantness.' I will have to get up for work at the time I normally get off shift and go to bed. I don't think I will be the sharpest tool in the shed - hoping everyone stays civilized. I'm off to bed now and praying for sleep - taking all my natural supplement remedies for getting to sleep quickly.

@sufferlandrian 42 to go??!! Where's the new vet? Not on board til the end of May?
  • sufferlandrian
    @CiDiOT73 - You must work emergency work. That's like our credo. :smile:

@canadjineh - Yep. End of May. Had an unexpected break this last weekend though so I was happy about that. :smile: A pleasant and unexpected surprise. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Is anyone else watching the Tour of the Alps?
  • jennifer_417
    There's a bbq rib competition at the fairgrounds right next door. It's taking roughly 98.63% of my willpower to not abandon my post.
  • sufferlandrian
    You are a stronger person than I am. I'd have abandoned my post about the first whiff of smoke that crossed my bow. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    There's a very loud rock band playing at the rib festival next door, and it's driving the peafowl nuts. I think they'll be ok, it's just stressing them out.
  • jennifer_417
    How many times do you get to say, "The rock band is pissing off the peacocks," in your life?
  • canadjineh
    I, on the other hand, enjoyed the sight of 3 large otters galloping up and down the docks, chasing each other, wrestling, and growling/yowling. They sort of sound like crazy cats, but they were sure fun to watch when I went to lock up the wharf gates tonight. They were quite big, about 3 ft long including the tail.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    edited April 2018
    Holy crap, off the wagon I went lol. My fitness is coming along, weight loss has slowed down bc I love food :smile:

The past 10 days have been rough. My grandfather passed away so I was in Ohio for a week. I got back and was home for less than 2 hours when we learned one of the deputies in my county had been shot in the chest and face. I dispatched for he and my husband several years ago. My hubs got dressed and went out. They found the 16 y/o suspect after several hours of him running thru the woods.

The deputy survived; his vest and the fact he fired back saved his life as the kid took off when he returned fire. I got to see him Wednesday; he's very drugged up but can kinda keep up with conversation. His ankle surgery and facial surgery both went well and hopefully, he'll be able to go home in the next few days.

http://www.wral.com/sheriff-harnett-county-deputy-shot-in-face-moved-from-icu-still-needs-multiple-surgeries/17494611/

**The kid was moved from the Harnett Co jail to the Wake Co jail bc he was scared. He said people kept coming in and staring at him. You tried to execute one of them, of course they wanna stare at you in the people zoo :angry:
  • sufferlandrian
    He shoots the deputy and expects five star hotel treatment. Why do we give criminals more rights and privileges than victims?
  • canadjineh
    Wow, Bethanie.
    Glad the deputy's alive!

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. :'(
  • sufferlandrian
    Sometimes it seems like I just keep doing the same thing over and over. It seems like I'm on some sort of hamster wheel and there are aliens laughing and pointing, "Look at him go! He really loves that wheel!"
  • canadjineh
    How apropos, @sufferlandrian. A hamster wheel lol.
    29qGdY.gif