Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• curvyycaloriess
    curvyycaloriess Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    hows your night going?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    It was so nice to have the weekend off. I took the kids to Ice cream, biked Going to the Sun road and did a lot of honey do chores my wife wasn't expecting. :smile: Now it's back to work until June 24th. :frowning:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Glad you had an enjoyable break, sufferlandrian.
    In answer to a previous question, pages back (I haven't been online for a few days) - I normally sleep from 6AM-Noon or 1PM on workshift days, switching it out to 2AM to 9 or 10AM on days off if hubby is off too.
    The arrowleaf balsamroot is in bloom right now and all the fruit trees are in blossom too - lots of apple trees around here.
    p6ptjixgsrnz.png
    I went for a drive today but couldn't get close enough to the balsamroot for a good photo in nice lighting. I know I have some on my computer but not sure where the files are in my Google Photos, and I don't feel like hunting right now as I have thousands of photos in there somewhere. I am bad about naming each photo and assigning it to a memorable folder.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @canadjineh - I do the same thing with my photos. If Apple didn't keep them sorted by date, I'd never know where they were. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've lost track of how many photos I've lost over the years because of my tendency to accidentally destroy devices. I've learned t9obuy most things with an eye to durability, even if it costs more.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Amen to that. If an item is 300 dollars and sturdy but there is a 200 version, ask yourself how much it costs if you have to replace it twice. :wink:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm back to work tonight...yay

If I'm working, I'll usually head to bed by 0630 and sleep till 1500 (if I make it that far lol)
    If I'm off, typically in between 2200-0200, depends on the day, and just wake up when I wake up

I have a Gmail address so I sync all my photos thru that, works great
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's a no pants Tuesday! :smile: The weather was warm and sunny at 45 degrees so I commuted to work in bike shorts, no pants. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Shorts in 45? Eeek! 45 is still coat weather for me, lol!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I'm a weenie! I'd be happy in Arizona in August. (as long as I could move N for a proper winter)
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Yeah, 45 is def pants and coat weather for me lol. It was 88 round my parts today so I think we're done with the cold weather till October
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've got about two more weeks before we are in the mid 60s. Should hit 54 today and 61 on Friday, but that's the highest for the next week.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I love the heat, it's the humidity that kicks my butt. Luckily it's not humid yet.
  • curvyycaloriess
    Options
    im not happy that summer is coming up. 60 degree weather is what I prefer.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, I've been thinking about adopting a dog. I just looked online at my local Human Society and I'm borderline crying and want to adopt all the dogs ever. This could get tricky.
  • curvyycaloriess
    Options
    omg please do <3 I never wanted a dog but 4 years ago my ex was begging for a dog. I was hesitant and then BAM! I couldn't live without her. my dog is my life. she's my best friend. I seriously have never loved anything or anyone as much as I love my baby.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Do your homework. Make sure you are getting a dog that fits your lifestyle. The reason most dogs end up in the pound is because the owners didn't understand what they were getting into with their breed selection.
  • jennifer_417
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Good call. I've got my eye on a little French Bulldog. Cuddly, not too energetic. I like English Bulldogs better, but can't have a dog that big where I live. I'd love to have a Boxer, but I'm just not home enough to give it enough attention and exercise. Also, too big.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I love my fur babies. Def adopt, don't shop :heart:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I miss my Ridgeback. We adopted her out to a farm home when we had to move into an apartment at one point in our lives. Cobra was a sweetie - smart as a whip. I tend to go for dogs who have strong personalities.... Akita is next in my favorites line, then Shiba Inu.