Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• danj_64
    danj_64 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pug, 5 mo old but new to us. Very cute, just not sleeping thru yet.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    OK. I confess. I'm a tech geek at heart. I have my Macbook on the stand to my left, my PC for work on the center of my desk and my iPhone 6 Plus on the right with all screens up. Myfitness pal on the left, my work in the center and stupid zombies 2 on the right. :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    danj_64 wrote: »
    Pug, 5 mo old but new to us. Very cute, just not sleeping thru yet.

Very nice. Great personalities but they are really prone to being overweight which makes their already narrow airways even harder to get air through. They do sound cute when they snore though. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I have 6 screens all the time lol. Facebook and MyFitPal on the second screen in.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    oh good grief....I have two... my charting and my MFP....I'm so tech illiterate.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I have 6 screens all the time lol. Facebook and MyFitPal on the second screen in.

Impressive young Jedi. :laugh:
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    See, @suferlandrian, that's the thing.. I can't get warmer, I don't mind the heat, but I'm just so cold natured that once I'm cold, I have a hard time warming up. Unless I'm running.. In which case I can work up a sweat at 15 degrees.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Looks like you were doing the Spartan race. That must have been fun. If it was up here where it's cold, you could have stopped by the fire and then taken off again. :smiley:
  • mikepribesh
    mikepribesh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Greetings fellow night shifters. This is my favorite time of the day...the inmates are asleep and all is well.
  • LesliePierceRN
    Options
    Hahaha.. It was a Warrior Dash, and it was May in North Carolina.. plenty warm enough!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Howdy Mike! Welcome.

@ Leslie - I've been in North Carolina in May. You can have it. It's not just hot, it's humid. At least it wasn't August. That's Africa hot. :laugh:
  • bethanie0825
    Options

Impressive young Jedi. :laugh:

Well, when I'm working that is lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Where do you work Bethanie?
  • mikepribesh
    Options
    Sufferlandrian, where is "up here" that is so cold?
  • LesliePierceRN
    Options
    We've got two Spartans in central Ohio in May and another Spartan in Virginia in August. The hotter, the better!
  • markalicious1
    markalicious1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shifter to, well not so much anymore but hey, Hey would anyone be up for having committed pen pal? I heard a connection over the net helps with weight loss. It would also be good to have someone to talk to for a change. Sometimes the people in your life just don't see the things obvious to a complete stranger. Also judgement from across the world doesn't really fade me.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm a 911 dispatcher for a suburb of Raleigh, NC
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Mike, I'm up in Kalispell, MT. I was out XC skiing last week in minus 13 degree weather. It was BEAUTIFUL! I had the mountain to myself and the air was crisp and clear with small ice particles giving the blue skies a sparkle effect. Love my Under Armour Infrared cold weather gear. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hey Mark, Welcome! You're welcome to shoot messages to me anytime. Also, you can find a bunch of us on this thread most of the time. There really is something about other night shift workers to help figure out things day workers don't get. Like your irritation when they schedule meetings at 2 PM. :angry:
  • mikepribesh
    Options
    Nice. I've been enjoying my daily bike commutes here in Colorado. Minus 7 yesterday morning heading home, but should be a balmy 3 when I leave today. My co-workers think I'm nuts.