Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Same here, the only kids I have are covered in fur and they don't seem to mind the switch
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    I'm off tonight so I hope you guys have fun. I'll catch up tomorrow. :smile:
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Working triage tonight and am SO happy to report that the lobby is empty for the first time in three months!!! Dance party!
  • melaniefave41
    Dammit...............jinxed myself.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Dammit...............jinxed myself.

Haha, that happens everytime.
  • melaniefave41
    I deserved it. At least I had finished my awesome omelet and that didn't get interrupted.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Omelet sounds great. I can not eat a meal at night, messes with my stomach, I snack too much though.
  • SithRN
    SithRN Posts: 32 Member
    <--- Yet another Nurse killing time at work.

hi
  • sufferlandrian
    I hate it when a surgery of mine doesn't go as planned. Dog did well and went home just fine and now is back vomiting. Can't figure out why.
  • melaniefave41
    That is SO sad! I don't think I could handle working with animals. At least with humans I can (75% of the time) explain why I am doing what I am doing to them. That makes me feel a little better. I would lose my head everytime another animal was brought in sick or injurred. So happy there's people like you to help me care for my dog.
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    ;) :-) Hi everyone! Had a second here on the In-Patient Mental Health floor. I am so tired and so sad I drank a coke! have a great shift ya'll
  • sufferlandrian
    I think I've stopped the vomiting but I still don't know why it started.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Obstructions? Volvulus?
  • melaniefave41
    After doing EKG's trauma side of ER for ten hours I have been rewarded with doing two hours of triage. Still have to pee............
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,488 Member
    hawaiifan wrote: »
    Fellow night shifters. Is there a way to choose when your food diary starts and ends? Some weeks my "days" end at 5 am. I end up with a meal and a snack logged in on the "new" day since to after midnight. Any ideas?

I start my log when I first eat, which is usually between 1-2 pm. If I eat after midnight, which is rare except for Red Bull, I just go back a day log it. I don't start my new day till after I wake up. I've never tried changing the start and end times.
  • sufferlandrian
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Obstructions? Volvulus?

Already went to surgery twice. No obstruction or volvulus. Gotta be the irritation from the chewed up plastic we took out two days ago.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    OMG! I found fellow Night Walkers!!! =) yay!!
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    just posted 10 things people did not know about me, the 2nd one still hurts
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Obstructions? Volvulus?

Already went to surgery twice. No obstruction or volvulus. Gotta be the irritation from the chewed up plastic we took out two days ago.

IV PPI's then?
  • sufferlandrian
    That's working so far.