Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Obstructions? Volvulus?

Already went to surgery twice. No obstruction or volvulus. Gotta be the irritation from the chewed up plastic we took out two days ago.

IV PPI's then?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    That's working so far.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Evening! Just on the last two hours of my 6th midnight this week.. Wooo!
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Since I keep my sleep schedule the same times all week I log my breakfast lunch and dinner as I eat them. I also added snack time slots between meals so on mfp I usually finish my food diary for the day before most people wake up lol
  • SithRN
    SithRN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Since I keep my sleep schedule the same times all week I log my breakfast lunch and dinner as I eat them. I also added snack time slots between meals so on mfp I usually finish my food diary for the day before most people wake up lol

Me too. I looked into just changing my timezone so that I was on Aussie time but that never works for some reason. I just changed my meals to numbers 1-6 and log as I go now.
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The night shift continues, wait, I'm home and can't sleep. Oops. Guess I'll try again.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Back on for the weekend. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It's snowing so the skiing should be good Monday.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    The blood bank isn't too busy (knock on wood), but the flu's from ER are driving me crazy!!
  • NurseLisaRN
    NurseLisaRN Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I changed the headings on my diary to reflect six hour periods. I just log things when I eat. I don't always keep my schedule, so that was getting too confusing.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah!! My concussion dog when home today. If you find you are getting passed over by a very large truck and the wheels have missed you, don't pick your head up to see if it's past.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! My concussion dog when home today. If you find you are getting passed over by a very large truck and the wheels have missed you, don't pick your head up to see if it's past.

This sounds like my life some days. Just stay down!! lol
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    My sleeping pattern is all out of whack...so here I am!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm at work happy that the ice they were calling for where I'm at, went NE.
  • SithRN
    SithRN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow (tonight, same difference) is my 5th of 5 straight 12's. I may potentially have 6, count them six days off in a row afterwards. It's been years since that has happened. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself.

brb... probably gonna pick up a shift at my 2nd job because I work nights and have no social life.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The weekend is hear and I'm back. Time to grab some grub and then back to work.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I have 5 more nights...and then a week off...and then another rotation of 7 on...and then I start my new job...so excited!!
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    I have 5 more nights...and then a week off...and then another rotation of 7 on...and then I start my new job...so excited!!

Sweet! You got the job. Congrats buddy!

Thank you.

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Hanging in there. As best I am able.