Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I ran 4 miles yesterday in 26 degree weather - in Texas...it's not supposed to be this cold. Everyone thinks you're nuts.... :D Then again, they all think I'm nuts anytime they ask and I tell them my mileage and it's in the double digits no matter the weather..............
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I'm going downhill skiing on Thursday. It's supposed to be 26 degrees. That's practically T-Shirt weather up here. :laugh:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    You lived where I work, suffer...you know how well we handle temperatures below 40....it's simple...we don't
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I still smile when I think of San Antonio with a 1/2 inch of snow. I was in El Paso when it got 2 inches. There were adults there that couldn't remember that much snow. They had some good sledding hills in El Paso once the Trans Mountain Highway was closed down.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You can't even utter the word around here without everything shutting down. I just shake my head because I'm from northern Ohio originally.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You can't even utter the word around here without everything shutting down. I just shake my head because I'm from northern Ohio originally.

Mark must be laughing about now.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Holy smokes! Seven more records and I'm done for the night!!! :smiley:
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've got one pill to pass, one blood sugar to take and three reports to give and I'm outta here!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Nice Leslie. Have a good rest today and may the sun keep the heat coming in and the cold wind at bay. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Have a great day @LesliePierceRN‌ ....and suffer...you have records done before I do..that is SO not fair.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Back at it again tonight. Just finished surgery to take a string out of intestines that was attached to two pieces of plastic, one on each end. The one piece never left the stomach so the string was trying to cut through the intestines. This dog is going to feel so much better now that the string is out of there. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    ouch....I would say a twisted gut is an understatement there.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Less than 6 hours to go....now suffer...where have you gone?
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Night shifter here with the night off, but keeping a consistent sleep/wake cycle going. Back to the zoo tomorrow.
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Haha yes I am probably crazy 24/7. Tonight was my off night, but being active duty we are on call 24/7 so I am floated to the dreaded Med-Surg :neutral_face:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I stay pretty much on nights as well...it's just too hard to flip
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I try to also ^, but sometimes they flip flop me from days to nights during staffing shortages. If I was kidless it would be a breeze to live on nights!
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    ^^^agreed^^^
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Seizure dog is now stable. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Lady, I'm with you. I try to stay on the same schedule as much as possible.