Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,199 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I should be upset or grateful. I'm biking on the new exercise bike and I'm 40 minutes into a 1 hr workout when something comes in and I have to stop. I was just getting to the steep part of the bike so I'm not sure if I should be grateful I'm not groaning and feeling the burn or if I should be upset I didn't get to suffer to a level that lets me enjoy the comfort of a big office chair. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm off tonight so I hope everyone has an enjoyable night and I'll see you in two days.
  • ArmedNurseNC
    ArmedNurseNC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    pretty much everyone hates it at times...lol...

I am an RN too!!!!!!!!!!

Me too - I hate nights a little more each week....blaaaah.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hey night shifters! I'm sleepy. It's going to be a looonnngg night.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm beat for the night. I've got another 53 hours to go. Maybe a quick nap on the couch while I'm waiting for the next patient to come in.
  • SarahKate2710
    SarahKate2710 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just did 4 12hr days shifts and now a 12hr night shift then 4 days off. Cannot wait until 7am tomorrow morning.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Don't eat questionable food before a long shift. This is not going well.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think the exercise is helping. Got a turn on the bike tonight. I've got weights on my schedule for tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm starting to think I'm the only one on this weekend.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Where did every one go?
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I was working this past weekend, just too busy to log in. Ugh, I'm getting too old for this...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's how I was last night. I'm off tonight trying to catch up on stuff.
  • magnoliathunder
    magnoliathunder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been doing night shift for 15 years now -- started it to go back to school and discovered I loved my job (still do) and LOVE working at night...I'm nocturnal by nature anyway, and loving having my entire day to do what I want!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I like being able to go biking or hiking or skiing while the sun is up. I have to smile when I come on shift and the guys working days are rushing to get home to catch a bit of the sun like for outdoor activity. :smile:
  • damonbarber12
    Options
    Just started night shift nice to see a group for it
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The groups been kind of slow lately but that's just because people get busy. Some nights it really moves quickly. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK, so I'm back at it again. Only another 62 hours and I'm done with the weekend. :smile:
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    This is my last night until next Tuesday. Going to enjoy a great weekend, and I hope everyone else does, too :smiley:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm here. It's actually busy which is rare. Little time for MFP tonight
  • NurseLisaRN
    NurseLisaRN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm off for the weekend, and I need it. I've emergency transferred 3 patients in the past 3 nights.