Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jmassey90
    jmassey90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I didn't know we had a night thread either - people who understand living upside down :)
    - Marilyn
    -

yep,tried explaining it to people and they just dont understand
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    I tried days and lasted for about 1.5 years. Glad to be back on nights.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of going back to days, only so I can try and conquer my binge eating. Not getting enough sleep on days and being so tired destroys my will to exercise, too. And the binging - ack! But, I usually can't stand co-workers on dayshift. So, I'm torn...
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    new night shifter here... been on it for 2 1/2 weeks... i am finally sleeping during the day, but am really missing that "new day reset" feeling... not sure how to explain that one... but it has definitely messed with my body and my eating, and now that i can finally stay awake long enough to make it through my shift (i work 2 jobs, 14 1/2 hours a day), now i need to fix my eating and find a way to workout. i plan on starting with 15 minutes of yoga every day when i get home (more than that takes away from my possible 7 hours of sleep....)
  • ArmedNurseNC
    ArmedNurseNC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @MadDogManor I have been debating the day shift also but don't know if that is going to be best for me as far as my physical abilities - I will have to admit nights are less busy on my poor legs.

@oboeing‌ You need to try to make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep I know a lot of night shifters don't but it is so much harder on the body staying up at night you will need to compensate. Good Luck
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Last full set of 7 nights....omgg..I am exhausted.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hang in there Lady, Last one.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Holy cow. It's been a BUSY day and it's shaping up to be a busy night. "Who let the dogs out... Who, Who, Who, Who..." (Channeling Baha men)
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I'm trying, suffer...it's dragging...bad
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So is this the new official night shift thread?
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    We're actually ancient @runfoorun LOL...welcome
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not sure how new it is, but there is where the cool people hang out. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Lady - Just keep singing to yourself, "Always look on the bright side of life...." :stuck_out_tongue:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    @sufferlandrian - yeah, when we're not running our @sses off.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've got a break. I think it's time for a bike ride.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Cruise intervals kill me! I toughed through it though. Seemed like it should have been more calories.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Got 8 miles in during my shift ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Nice job Runfoorun! :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Man, the last two days have been running and gunning. I'm glad to have some time to catch up on records.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    @sufferlandrian - records/chart audits suck. They make you more sleepy than you already are..esp when all the words start looking the same :\