Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with my energy tonight, glad it'll be time to leave on less than two hours, not sure I could last much longer
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    @sufferlandrian - records/chart audits suck. They make you more sleepy than you already are..esp when all the words start looking the same :\

No kidding. And time seems to drag but then gets away from you.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Do you ever have one of those days when you go home from work with big plans but as soon as you sit on the bed to change your shoes, your plans change because you can't seem to get back up off the bed?
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah....when the kids were young, my wife would send me up to get their blanket or something in their rooms. I'd never return and she'd find me literally passed out on the bed from exhaustion. Thank God I moved to an earlier night shift :)
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You make plans after work? Whaaaaa?

After 12 hours my big plan IS bed.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Back on nights! I'm only here every other month. :)
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Night shifter right here. I work in a lab and am straight bored right now. Snow made things slow and now we have to wait for everything to get in. Oh the joy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Weekends I work a 62 hour shift. I was feeling really good when I left and the snow was falling. It seemed like perfect ski conditions. My bed said otherwise. :smile:
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think we're all slowly dying here in my office...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The clinic owner just bought a new toy. A Pro Form Tour de France exercise bike. I'm about to try it out. I'll tell you how it is. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Woohoo @sufferlandrian - I can't imagine who the clinic owner would be....that purchases a specific exercise bike....I mean..wow..how could he have known you are SUCH a cycling enthusiast?? :wink:
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to be allowed to exercise during my shift. Really helps get me through the night.
  • whathuh96
    Options
    I can walk at work also on some nights. Depends how things are on our unit.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Lady - I own the clinic but we lease the hospital from another clinic. It's really nice because we will swap patient care during the week if needed. He used to be a huge triathlete so we swap stories from time to time and he wants to get back into biking. He can't run due to a back surgery but he could still bike. I was looking at it online one Saturday afternoon when he came in and he tossed me his credit card and said, "Buy it. That way more than just you can ride a trainer here at work." I confess I put up some token resistance but in the end, I let him buy it. :wink:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    LMAO.....congrats suffer...I bet it's great.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    So far it's been nice but I still can't figure out how to get files from iFit to Training peaks.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I tried Training Peaks...it drives me nuts sometimes...
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    I h8 nightshift
  • LadyRN76
    edited February 2015
    Options
    pretty much everyone hates it at times...lol...
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    pretty much everyone hates it at times...lol...

I am an RN too!!!!!!!!!!