Senior Golden Sneakers - September 2010

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My computer is giving me a bit of trouble, nothing major but annoying!! Dave's is older than mine so I think I will have to put up with the little annoyances for awhile. Other than that all is well with us. I was out for dinner with my sister and a friend tonight which is always a good time. Tomorrow is a work day so I should be getting to bed soon. The fall colours are wonderful this year. I should have taken some pictures before the wind blew the leaves off the trees today.

Marie -- Hope you are doing well with the new chair.

Gigi -- So sorry about your friend. Dementia is so hard for everyone. It is not long ago that I lost my wonderful Mom to Alzheimer's and it was a painful process.

Barbie -- Good for you jumping back on the wagon. I knew you would!

Marilyn -- Way to go with your exercise. How nice to have a partner to share this jouney with.

I should have taken notes as I know there were other things I wanted to say but they will have to wait for another day. Good night my friends. I hope you are all sound asleep.

Take care. Gayla :heart:
  • Mamasota
    Options
    Can you believe it? It's the last day of September already. I am slowly getting to know every one and I'm so glad I found this group. I hope I can find you when the October thread starts.

I have now been on this site for 2 months and I lost 9 pounds - slowly but surely. My daughter (20 years younger) lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm really proud of her.

Weather here is wonderful - lows in the 50's and highs in the 80's but I can't open the windows. I am allergic to everything. That fact keeps me from going out for a nice walk. I have to find a way to exercise indoors.

I rarely log in on the weekends but I'll be back on Monday. Have a nice weekend everyone.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! Well, I won at bingo again, not on bingo itself but on the little pull tickets they sell. So another $175 went into my kitty, hope the luck continues. I also won at gin on Tuesday so things are going well in my life. :bigsmile:

Today is my meeting which I always need to help keep me focused. :blushing:

Mamasota... CONGRATULATIONS on your 9 pounds!!!! :love: :love: And congrats also to your daughter. :flowerforyou: Keep posting with us and keep recording your food and don't forget to exercise and drink water. It works it really works!!!

Gayla, sorry about the computer problems but sounds like you had a nice dinner with your sister. :drinker: :drinker:

Marie, WAY TO GO on losing 5 pounds so quickly!! How is the new chair??:heart::heart:

Gigi, how sad for your friend, it sounds like she keeps a positive attitude which is half the battle. :love: You are very active which keeps you young, you look fantastic.

Barbie, you love those busy exercise days don't you? You are one amazing person who inspires all of us. :heart: :heart:

Marilyn, working out with your sister is such good motivation, keep up the good work. :smile:

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Sandy
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Thank you Elsie for the good wishes. . My last report was positive and encouraging.. The blood sugar goes "crazy" just after chemo, then gets back to normal in a few days. The part I dislike the most is the condition of my thin hair. It will grow again, though, and I haven't lost it all (yet). :sad:

Two of my three sons will be coming to visit next week-end and attend the celebration of Ralph's and my 50th anniversary. My daughters live here, but my youngest son lives in Alaska and won't be able to come. He visited me when I was in the hospital in June, bringing my youngest (baby) grandson (James) along. I thought I had all my grandchildren a few years ago, then two of my sons had "surprise" babies when their others were teenagers. My other surprise grandson (Jeremiah) is 2.

We named our sons Joe, Jim, John. Not because of the same first letter, that was just the names we liked at the time. Then our kids grew up, had kids, and thought same letters were fun. So here are some of my grandkids names: Jonathan, Jessica, James, Joey, Justice, Jeremiah, Jamaal and Jared (twins). Plus six other assorted non-J names. They come in Caucasian, Hispanic, Eskimo, and Black. I have a "fun" family! :laugh:

Barbie, the amount of exercise you do absolutely amazes me. What a good example you are.

Take care everyone. Have a good day. God Bless.
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Good day for me very busy at the store so the time went fast. Home to do a shorter but heavy program today, as usual my sis came through with stars. I was squacking abit due to the workout yesterday, but no injurys.

Hope all went well with everyone, time for me to get to bed:yawn: Catch you all tomorrow,

Marilyn
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Its late almost 9:35PM and I made it keeping calories and posting tonight, last night of September. Hope to keep in touch more often next month.:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Today one of my friends retired from State Farm Insurance, she worked there for more the 20 years, I took her favorite wine to celebrate the special occasion she was so happy to see me, no one else remember, she is planing to travel all over.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Barbie you're a SUPER Women:happy: :happy: :happy: so proud of you, keep up the good work.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Mamasota - 9 pounds Fantastic, Congratulations to both of you.:happy: :happy: :happy:

Gayla - Awesome you had a great time with your sister and friends, its always so rewarding to spend quality time with people we
    enjoy. Problems with computer are the worst, hope is better tomorrow. So sorry about your Mom, such horrible disease:cry::cry: :cry:

Sandy - You're on a roll, I can't wait to see What Monday's Trip bring your way, Good Luck and have fun.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Marie - Congratulations on all those pounds gone, you're doing great.:heart::heart: :heart:

Good night everyone, have fun:wink::wink: :wink:

Gigi
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/124053-senior-golden-sneakers-october-2010

Something seems to be wrong with the September thread so I hope you all find the October thread which you can do by clicking on the above link.