Senior Golden Sneakers - September 2010

Options

Replies

• viliberty1957
    Options
    :heart:
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I only have internet access once in awhile, so I don't get on so often and don't keep up with the posts very well. Just know that I think of every one of you and count you as friends. I am half way through chemo. It seems to be going well...not so many side effects as I was warned about, so I am thankful for that. My doctor doesn't want me to lose any weight at this point...I lost so much at first....and she wants me to keep up my strength. So I get a little "rest." from dieting too closely. But I still have to watch everything I eat because of the diabetes, and I DON'T want to gain any weight back. God Bless.....Irene
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Irene it's so good to hear from you! :love: You are in my prayers. I'm glad that the chemo isn't as bad as you thought. I'm sure it's still a difficult thing to go through so be strong!:flowerforyou:
    God Bless!
    BirdieM:heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :heart: Irene, it's good to hear from you....keep your positive attitude and take it one day at a time. :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :heart: Irene, it's good to hear from you....keep your positive attitude and take it one day at a time. :bigsmile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Irene,

Glad to hear you are doing okay with the chemo. You are in my prayers. :flowerforyou:

Barbie,

Sounds like you are enjoying exploring in your old neighborhood. Bet you are enjoying that grandbaby!!:drinker: :drinker:

Have some things to do, so BFN

Barb
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Today we drove through Redwood National Park and along the Pacific coast again then along the Smith River and then back to I-5 through the Siskiyou mountains and beautiful green parts of Oregon.....one more sleep and one more day's drive before we get home....by this time tomorrow we'll have all our pets home with us.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    It's Friday again! WOW!:noway: I've been reading the post but haven't had much time to respond.:ohwell:
    Barbie, the baby is precious :love: and I'm glad you're enjoying your "Tour" with your husband.:flowerforyou: My husband and I love taking road trips and would love to do the north western part of the United Stated especially taking a drive through the Redwoods!:happy: Living in Rhode Island makes it a bit challenging :laugh: but I'm sure we'll do it someday.The before and after pictures are sure impressive!
    Greetings and hugs to everyone else and hope you have a great weekend. It looks like the hurricaine will miss us...thank goodness!
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! The start of a long weekend for those of you who work. I hope you get to enjoy the holiday and do something for yourself. :love: :love: :love:

Didn't do much today except exchange something at Walmart. I am having my son's girlfriend for dinner so she can bring Cruzer here to play with Daisy. It is a beautiful cool day and I actually turned the AC off and opened the windows. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :heart: :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Just wanted to check in and say hi, have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sandy It is nice here in Texas as well. our A/C ia OFF and windows and doors are open So nice. Marie
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: greetings from san francisco.

the weather is fantasic in the 80th and better, got in yesterday afternoon and we walked all over our daughter's neighborhood, the hill are awesome, after dinner we walked back and she talked the whole way, i listen because after eating and walking fast on those hills, walking was the only thing i could do to keep up and i was pretty sure i was in good shape fyi her cap key doesn't work, we are getting her a new keyboard.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

hope everyone has a gret weekend.:happy: :happy: :happy:

i'll keep in touch when i can, miss you all, have fun.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

so far has been sunny and beautiful, no clouds or rain:heart::heart:

gigi
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad you are all enjoying nice weather. It has been a very pleasant here for the last couple of days. Yesterday we sat on the patio to have lunch and it was very nice although would get very cool when the breeze picked up. It seems way too early for leaves to be dropping but they are. I have red tomatoes on my plants which is a real treat. It hasn't been warm enough to turn my strawberries red so am hoping for a hot weekend. It will be a busy one as we get ready to move Neil to his new home. He is excited but I can see he is also anxious.

Irene -- So glad to hear from you. You pop into my thoughts often and was happy to hear that the chemo isn't as bad as you had prepared yourself for. You have a great attitude. Are you nearing the end of the chemo?

I better go get some veg from my garden to put into my chicken stew. I want to make dumplings but have decided we don't need them.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Gigi so nice to here from you all the way from SF. Oh I remember them hills, Tiy have a safe visit with your daughter I know you were so ansious to be with her. Did you drive or fly.

our weathwer has been jut wonderful.
    POst when you can
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: we are so happy to be home.....our trip couldn't have been any better but we love our home and our life here.....we picked up our pets as soon as we could....we took the dogs to the dog park and a few minutes ago I finished over 40 minutes on my exercise bike......the drive today was through the southern part of Washington state, some of along the Columbia River, then crossing the Tacoma Narrows and the Hood Canal bridges....we love it here and think it's the most beautiful place we've ever been.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, we'd love to tour New England but the closest we've gotten is New York City a long time ago.

:flowerforyou: the weather here is beautiful.....we had the windows open and I spent the day in short sleeves :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Gigi, enjoy your time in San Francisco,...it's one of my favorite cities and it's been years since I got to walk around there

:flowerforyou: Gayla, how nice that your tomatoes are turning red....we have some tomatoes but they are still green..

:flowerforyou: our pumpkin plants have flowers but no pumpkins and our sunflowers and marigolds are about to bloom.

have a great weekend......for those of us who are retired, every day is Labor Day Weekend :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,092 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! Welcome back home Barbie, I am sure your critters were happy to see both you and Jake. :bigsmile: Glad you had such a good time but I agree, it is always nice to get back to the comforts of your own home. :heart:

Gigi, have a wonderful time with your daughter in SF. Beautiful city with so much to do. :love: :love:

Marie, we have another wonderful day which is perfect for our outing to the Italian Fest in Melrose Park today. Not the best place in the world to watch calories but I will try. I did manage to gain 300 calories by riding the stationary bike to help. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Gayla, I hope Neil's move goes without incident so you are comfortable leaving him. It should be best for both of you, but I can certainly understand your apprehension. :smile: :smile:

Time to get a move on and get myself together.

Have a great day!!

Sandy
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Greetings again fron San Francisco:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

What an awesome day, the weather was fantastic and sunny all day.:happy: :happy: :happy:

Marie we flew so wasn't so bad, the flight were all on time.

We just go back from a walk and the view from top of the hill to the City is amazing.

Today we visited Mission Dolores or Mision San Francisco de Asis was so interesting. Went to the top of the park
    and washed people with their dogs, we had a great time, all the dogs were so friendly and cute. My favorite part of the morning was the Basilica and the old Chapel at the Mision.:heart::heart: :heart:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, my daughter Renne send regards.

Have fun and a good night.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Gigi
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    ..... Went to the top of the park and washed people with their dogs, ....
    Gigi

Gigi,

Thanks for the giggle. I hope they didn't mind getting wet!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, thanks for sharing your fun day with us. Makes me wish I were there.

Barb
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello everyone, September is here and I am looking forward to the fall and winter. Yes it is cold, but spring and summer follow after so yah, get it overwith and spring back into summer again.

Well my wrist is arthritic, and the doc agrees that weight training will produce better benefits than meds and rest. So gotta kick the brain into getting the body to the gym.

Wonderful to work 5 days and get 2 off. I am going to miss that when I return to both jobs again in a month or two. But for now I had better take advantage of this and get my body fixed!

Applied to a job for a supervisor, I have stuff to do before I get to the interview stage, so that is another thing to get cracking on.

Hope all goes well for everyone, catch up later,

Marilyn
  • marlouise
    Options
    Howdy Sneakers!

Good day today, didn't bust over the calories too much. Made a two week menu and will be making more in the coming weeks, these should keep me out of trouble and on track, with or without exercise.

Hope all is well here --keep it true -- luv to all ..

Marilyn
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It's raining and the dogs want to go to the dog park and I want to go for a walk :cry: :cry: :cry:

:flowerforyou: It looks like today will be a good day to practice some dances......the five day line dance workshop is less than a week away. :bigsmile: