Over 200 New year New Me Part 33

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I dont like peanut butter either.

:noway:

Do you like roasted nuts at all (almonds, cashews, peanuts, and so on)? Same thing. Or what cashew butter or almond butter? Also, I know it kind of takes the "healthy" out of it when you add sugar but YUM Nutella (chocolate & hazelnut) & flavored peanut butters (Peanut Butter Company, OMG!) are so freaking good (IMO, of course). Yum (ugh, how many times am I going to type "yum" today?). Dessert with good fats.
    I know PB is kind of just a weird American thing but, man, I think it's awesome. I can't imagine not eating it almost daily. :laugh: I think I would go through withdrawals if I moved somewhere it's not readily available.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Julie - you and me both on the pb..

cris - on top of julie's questions, do you like just nuts in general , a hand ful of nuts has quite a bit of calories, i used to eat like a serving of almonds..if i was lacking...you can get the unsalted ones...that is if you like nuts.

Or if you like cheese, grab a cheesestick.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    PB is def a american thing, my friend were appalled that we didnt have it in Brazil. I always thought it was weird that everyone brought PBJ for lunches, lol!

I do like peanuts, just not peanut butter...thats the only nut I like too....weird huh?

When I lived in France they didnt have PB but they did have nutella..which is kinda similiar I guess butthe girls I was with were def missing their PB!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I LOVE peanut butter! I forgot I have some at home. If I do 30 Day Shred I'll DEFINITELY have calories left over. And yes Cris I am a big ball of energy sitting here. It's crazy. I'm sure I'm driving my co workers nuts!
  • cris20056
    Options
    Deb- I love me some cheeeeese!!!!!

Actually to increase my calorie intake right now I have added 2 slices of cheese instead of my regular 1. And Im using the regular cheese not the reduced fat one...but its only like a 20 cal difference.

I am up to almost 1400 calories on my log now..so I think thats pretty good. I might eat some peanuts later on tonight or something. And Julie- I like the idea of a hard boiled egg in the morning!

I am just so used to having 300 cals for bfast, around 350 for lunch and dinner (each) and then some snack to put me over to 1200, this eating more thing is great (if it works!) but complicated!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    With all this nut talk, I had to break into the almonds I brought to work for a snack. I decided to have 1/2 the portion size, so I only ate 12 nuts for 85 cals. Yummy yummy!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    cris - sound you like have a plan with the extra cheese and all...you will find things you like to put in...I usally have 300 for breakfast, like 60-100 morning snack, then about 400 for lunch, then 150 in the afternoon snack and the rest dinner and snacks later...

ALl this nut talk really has me craving some and we don't have any ...:sad:

I really think my scale was possed last week and gave me a real low number...
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Yum...nuts. Like Cris, I used to only like peanuts, but now I like most nuts. My bf's son doesn't like peanut butter, which I thought was just plain weird! He eats jelly and cheese sandwiches instead of PB&J. Yuck!

Cris: My boyfriend does not want to get married again, nor does he want any more children. I'm fine with the kid part because I don't think I want them. But, I do want to get married someday and I've told him that I'm leaving him when I turn 30 so I can find someone to marry. How's that for brutally honest? Who knows whether I'd actually be able to do it, but it's what I say for now, anyway. He has a year and a half to change his mind or lose me!
  • cris20056
    Options
    Awww Heather! From what you tell us your BF aint no dummy and he'd have to be to lose you! So I think he may reconsider the whole no marriage thing. Do you really think he'd be willing to forgo all that bed pilates??? He's a lucky man

PS- I was brutally honest with Bobby too. I had waited patiently for him to propose for 5 years. After the 5 year mark I basically told him either you marry me or Im gone. I read in a relationship book that you need to give them a timeline (theres a long explanation to this) and so I told him he had until March of this year to propose to me. Sure enough the little turd proposed in March.

I think the book was by that comedian..wth is his name...I forget but its called "Act like a lady, think like a man" or something like that...OH STEVER HARVEY!

The book had a lot of good advice but a lot of it I kind of had to pick through to determine what advice was suited for our type of relationship etc. I couldnt believe giving him a concrete deadline actually worked ha!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I don't know if i ever could of been that forceful on DH...he was very eager to get married so i never had to :smile: we met, a year later engaged, a year later married, and probably only cause we got engaged right when i was graudating college or we would of maybe done it sooner.

or better off could be like my inlaws, they met each other got married within 30 days, and my mother in law had 3 kids under 5 ..
  • cris20056
    Options
    I've had a few girls tell me that I "forced" or "threatened" him to do it. I dont think that was the case at all. I know Bobby better than anyone on this planet. If he could have procrastinated on it for the rest of his life he would have. To him we ARE married, and he doesnt understand why a "piece of paper" would make it official. He thinks because we have a child, home, cars, etc and have been together so long that getting married wouldnt do much. To me a marriage signifies that you are devoting and promising your life to someone in front of god and all your firends and family. It was important to me that I get married...I dunno.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Enter th single girl with the crazy dating stories! :tongue:

Heather-I hope it doesn't come down to that for you and your man! :drinker: He's no dummy! Least doesn't seem like one.
  • cris20056
    Options
    I have been so bloated...since I stopped drinking water and everything I eat has tonz of salt I have been a big balloon, the best part of being back on track today has been going to the bathroom every 5 mins...it means I wont be as puffy in the moring hurray!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Cris and Jess: Thanks for the vote of confidence, but my bf hasn't said those three important words yet, either. I refuse to be the first to say them, even though I've felt that way since about three weeks after meeting him. Yeah, I'm stubborn, I know! I knew when we started dating that I'd have to be patient (I made the first few moves), but I'm thinking after two year one should know what they want going forward, right? Ugh. Frustrating.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Jess, I'm kind of jealous of your crazy dating stories! :tongue: I don't have any. I never dated, really. Just a couple losers very very briefly in high school. Then I fell mutually in love with a couple friends in college though nothing ever came of it (though I definitely have some crazy stories about one of those guys! :laugh: We're still friends though, so sometimes the hilariously unfortunate stories make me feel bad for him). Then I saw dh, wanted dh, got dh, and will be keeping dh. :tongue: The people who were openly interested in me before him never really seemed worth it to me. And on top of that, I was so painfully awkward. Oh well!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I have been so bloated...since I stopped drinking water and everything I eat has tonz of salt I have been a big balloon, the best part of being back on track today has been going to the bathroom every 5 mins...it means I wont be as puffy in the moring hurray!

I had that on Monday and look what happened. 2.5 pounds gone. YAY!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Jess, I'm kind of jealous of your crazy dating stories! :tongue: I don't have any. I never dated, really. Just a couple losers very very briefly in high school. Then I fell mutually in love with a couple friends in college though nothing ever came of it (though I definitely have some crazy stories about one of those guys! :laugh: We're still friends though, so sometimes the hilariously unfortunate stories make me feel bad for him). Then I saw dh, wanted dh, got dh, and will be keeping dh. :tongue: The people who were openly interested in me before him never really seemed worth it to me. And on top of that, I was so painfully awkward. Oh well!

I honestly hadn't done much dating until the last year or two. Before that it was a few losers here and there. I'm not good at meeting people and my lack of self confidence really showed. My best friend tells me I'm making up for lost time. But it's still all new to me I guess you could say. But I'm having lots of fun even though it can be frustrating. I've learned I don't have to put up with a bunch of BS that there are plenty of others who are interested. I keep thinking I've set my standards so high :tongue: :happy: :laugh: I love hearing your story about you and your hubby. You got what you wanted!

Heather-I'd probably be stubborn too. 2 years? Wow I didn't realize it had been 2 years. My friend once told me after a year you either *kitten* or get off the pot. I don't know much I agree to that. I'll burn that bridge when I get there though.
  • cris20056
    Options
    Jess- I kind of envy the single life ...well I miss college hehe those were some good times.

Heather- wow, Im kind of speechless. You are VERY stubborn, I bet if it was me it would have slipped out in a drunken stupor of some sort.

Julie- I love you and your DH's story about meeting and you liked him and you tried to get your friend to set u up..its a cute story!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Heather- wow, Im kind of speechless. You are VERY stubborn, I bet if it was me it would have slipped out in a drunken stupor of some sort.

Me too!! Kudos to you Heather! :drinker:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Cris - I hear ya, on wanting that marriage committment...we lived together like after 3 months of dating, so really day to day didn't seem any different getting married but the paper and to say we will be together forever is somethign i really wanted (and dh too,)

i have been bloated all week girls...i am soo ready to re-get rid of these 3 lbs....i am hoping they are gone by friday.