Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0
    Wednesday = 0
    Thursday = 0

I'm on track to make amends for my wine and pringle incident at the weekend :happy: Might just have a little drink tomorrow night though :ohwell: fortunately no evil pringles in the house to tempt me.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    :devil: beware of the evil salt and vinegar:devil:

:devil: beware of the urge to smoke:smokin: :smokin:

but enjoy:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: what ever you do decide to do.
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Just had a random image of trying to smoke a pringle and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.. I worry about the way my mind works sometimes!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Just had a random image of trying to smoke a pringle and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.. I worry about the way my mind works sometimes!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    The craziest thing happend to me last night.... after a long day at work, exercise, and healthy eating all day, I decided that I wanted a beer. Now here is the CRAZY thing... I only drank HALF! Who does that???!!! :drinker: Certainly not me! :devil: Could this active healthy lifestyle really be working? :love: Of course, I don't think I would have the same results with a glass of wine (which I give myself permission to have on the weekend). :laugh:

What did I tell you about alcohol neglect? There's abuse, and there's neglect... I can't abide either!:angry:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    The craziest thing happend to me last night.... after a long day at work, exercise, and healthy eating all day, I decided that I wanted a beer. Now here is the CRAZY thing... I only drank HALF! Who does that???!!! :drinker: Certainly not me! :devil: Could this active healthy lifestyle really be working? :love: Of course, I don't think I would have the same results with a glass of wine (which I give myself permission to have on the weekend). :laugh:

What did I tell you about alcohol neglect? There's abuse, and there's neglect... I can't abide either!:angry:

Ditto!!!! You could have put that beer in some chili and saved it...
  • mvlaurel
    Options
    This was going to be my "no wine" week, but that hasn't gone so well. Not nearly as much fun as "wine" weeks. I've done pretty well with calories, and excellently with working out, so there are two out of three!

I know better than to even consider a posibility that next week will not include alcohol. We have a birthday party, a holiday, and my husband (who travels all the time for work) will be home for 5 days. SO, I will continue to count calories and work out and hope for the best!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    had a coors light tonight, but it worked ok-only 50 over goal. I should run up and down the stairs or something.
  • shellishell
    Options
    Ok, I have my munchy snacks ready - getting the vodka today and Crystal Light....Weekend begins at 1:30 est today and ends Monday......FULL WEEKEND of football and racing......bittersweet, excited to have a good time with friends, scared to death of the temptation and throwing everything out the window. On a brighter note, the 4.5lbs I inherited last weekend (which I am convinced was from the 6 beers) IS GONE as of yesterday morning and steady this morning. I really cant see getting any workouts in until Monday night.....:)

Have a great weekend my fellow lushes....try to pace yourself (and Ill also try to take my own advice)

*HUGS*
    Shelli

GO DAWGS!!!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    drank like the good old days yesterday. I had 10 vodka shots with my diet lemonade. I had a mental breakdown yesterday and that was the only cure. I am all better now and back on track. wine tonight and tomorrow and sunday and then good good good.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Last night was rough - 4 coors light - opened the smokes, and I went down hill fast:sad:

The good news - I didn't like the smokes - I still have them - but won't be buying another pack

I did some grocery shopping and now the house is filled with healthy stuff

I'm back at day one
  • mom216
    Options
    oops double post
  • mom216
    Options
    Last night was rough - 4 coors light - opened the smokes, and I went down hill fast:sad:

The good news - I didn't like the smokes - I still have them - but won't be buying another pack

I did some grocery shopping and now the house is filled with healthy stuff

I'm back at day one
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Found the new thread. I have been bad all week. I thnk I will try no weekend drinking for a change instead of Monday - Friday. Since I blew that majorly.

So it is only 4;00 p.m on Friday but no alcohol yet!!!
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    It's heading towards 10pm here in the lovely UK and I'm only on my second glass of wine which for some reason is disappearing incredibly slowly. The rest of the bottle is definitely not being drunk tonight. I am even resisting the call of the pringles...yes some evil ****** has brought some salt and vinegar pringles into my house again! Tonight however I will absolutely, positively ignore their pleas for me to eat them.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    @yvonnej1 they have low fat pringles i read somewhere here

Okay ... so no drinking during the week. That sound really great in theory! I have tried to stick to this ... but it hasn't worked that well and, in fact, it is probably part of what has caused my weight to sky rocket and me not be able to fit comfortably in my jeans anymore LOL.

Okay so ... without even SEEING this thread I had resolved to quit drinking during the week. I have done it before and shall again. Every time I want a vodka (that's straight up/ no mixers thankyouverymuch) I will pour a glass of water. Hey, it's clear!

So far in september:

9/1 (the day I weighed myself): 3 oz of mango vodka and 1/4 bottle of white wine
    9/2 (the day I realized that the alcohol was probably adding to my weight): 0

Tonight is a crap shoot but I think that I am not going to drink ... I am going to try although it's a friends birthday party and we are going to sushi (shudder ... only because I love sushi and sake). I will try to keep the "no drinking during the week" thing up and only moderate drinking (read: karen don't drink 1/2 a bottle of vodka) over the weekend (if at all). Good luck everyone!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The morning after the night before, 3 glasses or st emillion each DELICIOUS but hey here's the funny thing... In my pantry there are still nuts (unopened) pringles (ditto) chocolates all in the house for guests that r arriving today and I have not eaten them fk me that is progress......
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Went out to Sushi tonight and had 1 small shot of unfiltered sake to toast the birthday boy otherwise, green tea and water. For me this is a miracle LOL

So other then Wednesday I have had almost no alcohol (and I loves me my vodka LOL)
  • rjadams
    Options
    :ast night it was one bottle of a lovely little rose for a summer day. Its back to rainy and cool weather for the rest of the weekend. I may drink today I may not. I haven't decided.
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    8 mile run this am

Going to reward myself by taking the TV outside to watch the Gator game while floating in the pool with some cocktails:glasses:

It's the ying and the yang in my life and I'm ok with it