Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Made one pan whiskey flavored pork chops...they will be ready in 20 minutes...doesn't that count? I will post the recipe if they are any good
    I have a great whiskey steak recipe. Let me know how the pork turns out. I think you will be in Vegas when I am in your area. I plan on arriving 9/24 and leaving 9/27
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!

5 days no alcohol for me (aside for the shot of sake on Friday night). Keeping with the commitment to lose this darned weight! I figured when I was drinking nightly I was consuming an additional 600+ calories a night depending on what I was drinking (usually red wine or vodka).

I am hoping that I can keep this going till I reach my ultimate goal weight, then I am celebrating with Champagne! LOL
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Made one pan whiskey flavored pork chops...they will be ready in 20 minutes...doesn't that count? I will post the recipe if they are any good
    I have a great whiskey steak recipe. Let me know how the pork turns out. I think you will be in Vegas when I am in your area. I plan on arriving 9/24 and leaving 9/27

I leave the 21st, Tuesday and come back Friday...
  • gravyst
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just joined myfitnesspal and this is my first post. After drinking at least a bottle of wine every night (for the last 15 years), I made a deal with my trainer to give up grog for the month of August. In the end I had 2 glasses, but boy, if you'd asked me if I'd ever do that, I'd say it was just too hard. Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking" really helped. I think the most important thing is that you have to be ready to really do it. I've tried to reduce my intake so many times before but this time I reckon I've conquered it, because the timing was just right for me. I train 7 days a week, but I'm still overweight because of my drinking habit. I've lost 2kgs since the beginning of August and that's with some naughty eating. I hope this helps.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hello again Lushes! I see everyone has been busy in my absence and we have a few new faces.

My lushiness is not quite over - I have a fantasy football draft tonight after work - but I see an end soon so I hope to get back into the swing with you. So great to see the core group keeping each other motivated and new faces here too!

I would have asked this had I started the September thread, but I am once again curious - how is everyone doing with their weight loss as compared to their alcohol consumption?
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Back from my weekend in Vermont. I only drank one night (Saturday) :noway: and only 1 bottle of wine! I have to say, I was hosed after that bottle :embarassed: not sure what was going on.
    In fact when we got home yesterday, I had 2 glasses of wine and felt drunk too...:grumble:

Anyway, back to holding out for the weekend, but seeing that I will be a single parent from tomorrow until 16th, I think my own challenge will be not to drink until my girls weekend away in Chicago (leaving 17th).... What do you think - can I go 10 days without? :huh:
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Mojogrl - of course you can make it! I do this little mind game - I keep telling myself that I have to "earn" my drinks. That is part of my 90/10 rule. If I make it 9 days in a row (90%) then on the 10th day - it is game on, I can drink or eat whatever I want.

Anybody else have an internal dialogue - or mind game that helps?

My last drink was on Thursday -
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    There was much drinking on the Labor Day weekend. I felt pretty hungover on Monday but I was at a baseball game so I had two beers anyway, 2 and a half really, I shared the second one with my husband. I can probably manage not to drink until Thursday, then I go to Vegas and, well, it's Vegas...
  • LJK100
    LJK100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello All Fellow Lushes...I read this thread every day, and actually must have found some sort of motivation since I have not had anything to drink for 10 days now. This is big for me. I have decided to totally knock it off for the month of September, hit the treamill, watch the calories and get real.

My big problem is that after a couple margarita's, glasses of wine, whatever, I EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT...ARGHHHH....for some reason the alcohol just triggers that "need to feast"...I sometimes even wake up at 3 am and eat...grrrrrrr....

I wish I could just have a glass or two of wine and eat a normal dinner, just doesn't seem to work that way. Maybe after my self-imposed "rehab" month, I can give it a try again.

Anyway, thanks for all you truly honest people for posting on here...it makes one feel better to know your not all alone out there fighting your battle that just doesn't ever seem to end.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Lushes,

Monday: 0 drinks

The kids started school today and I think that with summer over, my lushness will subside....I definitely think the holidays are easier than summer...3 months vs 3 weeks

Dave, have fun with the fastasy football...we know that the sober person exists within...I would love to give feedback on the weight loss; but, I have been drinking for 3 weeks...last month loss of 1.4 lbs tho...not much
    Pam, I know that you can do anything you set your mind to...I have seen it before
    Asjerven, Vegas is a place where you...well, that's exactly it...
    Elle, welcome to the lushes...I'm like you...it's hard just to have 2 glasses of wine and stop...I just like to keep it going
    Gravyst, maybe I should check out that book...thing is, I like drinking...but, something has got to go
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Mom216 - Internal dialogue - love it! haha, yes I have "dialogues" with myself on a regular basis :wink: Whether it helps is to be seen though! I do like the 90/10, but since I'm not a numbers person, I need to visualize it by rewards - $5 in jar for every "dry day", $2 for every day I workout... $70 in 10 days, toward a new pair of fall booties!
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Hi everyone. Today is my fourth day alcohol free. Have been doing a lot of walking and have decided to go to a Pilates class on Friday morning to up my exercise rate. I go swimming once a week with my daughter and granddaughter and yesterday I bought Wii Fitness Plus, so that I can do some exercising in the privacy of my own home and at a time that suits me. Good luck everyone; reading all your messages is a great help, knowing I am not on my own.:drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Internal dialogue - love it! haha, yes I have "dialogues" with myself on a regular basis

I do it all the time...thought I was bipolar...problem is, I don't listen
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Yay - reset! I can do this, I can do this! Oh wow, my buzz will be intense when I start drinking again on the 17th!

Tuesday = 0 drinks!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Pam, I'm gonna do it with you...I will not crack until the 17th:bigsmile:
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    5 whole days - alcohol free!!!!!! Last night I had a tough time thought about it for a long long time - finally just fell asleep. Woke up this morning feeling yucky. I probably would have been better off to just have a couple of shots & gotten a good nights sleep.

Mojogurl - I too have a difficult time listening to my "reasonable" side - I think the 2 year old inside of me has a better time. :laugh:

nisijams5 - My kids are older, and I DO NOT miss all the back to school meet & greet the teachers stuff. I do miss the routine, just the pattern that school provides.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Tuesday = 0 drinks!!

I am fighting off a cold and if I want to go to Vancouver this weekend I have to be healthy so no drinks, lots of water and really clean eating.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Pam, I'm gonna do it with you...I will not crack until the 17th:bigsmile:
    Are you gonna meet me in Deerfield?
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Wow!! a thread on drinking. :drinker: I try to not drink during the week unless i
    have a day where I think I need to unwind. The weekends have been
    tough but lately I have scaled down on the weekend drinking. We are
    boaters and all summer drinking was part of what we did with our
    friends at the sailing club. :laugh: Since Fall is coming I will try to respect
    the drinking and the calories will follow. Make sure you track your
    drinks because all of it counts. cheers!!:drinker:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    going on Day 7 no drinking. I even went to a party on Sunday night and didn't drink! This is good for me. Like I said, drinking copious amounts of vodka and wine got me to this point ... and I am with all the drinkers who like to eat. It is just something that triggers.

09/02 = 0
    09/03 = 1 shot of unfiltered sake
    09/04 = 0
    09/05 = 0
    09/06= 0
    09/07 = 0
    09/08 = ? (the day hasn't ended yet LOL)