Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've made 2 days alcohol free - plus 2 days of eating healthy It might not be great - but it is a start:love:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good job Mom! I have the issue of being bored on the weekend. No cocktails for me today though, it's how I got to where I am (I am convinced the additional 20lbs is due to frequent and copious amounts of alcohol) LOL

You can do it!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Good job Mom! I have the issue of being bored on the weekend. No cocktails for me today though, it's how I got to where I am (I am convinced the additional 20lbs is due to frequent and copious amounts of alcohol) LOL

You can do it!

I agree with that....binged on Weds and Thurs...yesterday was good and tonight will also be alcohol free
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    No alcohol for me tonight, due in the gym at 8am tomorrow morning and I have learnt from experience it's a bad idea.
  • mom216
    Options
    Thanks to all!! I'm sitting here bored out of my mind. I have cooked, cleaned, & finished the laundry. I even went swimming today. Right now I'm just holding on for "dear life" - trying to make it one more day "alcohol & cigarette" free. I know it is the best thing for my body - but dam this is hard.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    ok, so Friday I was .5 lbs from goal weight, then yesterday was the football game, I had a bloody mary (2) and 2 beers but was still under goal for cals and I gained 3.5 llbs. That's just sodium, right?!
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Good to have found you all. I am trying to 'kick start' weight loss with a strict regime for 14 days. No alcohol since Friday night so 12 days to go! If I can survive these 14 days then I will try to be alcohol free Mon - Fri and treat myself to a drink with dinner at the weekend.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ok, so Friday I was .5 lbs from goal weight, then yesterday was the football game, I had a bloody mary (2) and 2 beers but was still under goal for cals and I gained 3.5 llbs. That's just sodium, right?!
    yep.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Good to have found you all. I am trying to 'kick start' weight loss with a strict regime for 14 days. No alcohol since Friday night so 12 days to go! If I can survive these 14 days then I will try to be alcohol free Mon - Fri and treat myself to a drink with dinner at the weekend.
    welome. 14 days is quite a goal. good for you. and good luck.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all!! I'm sitting here bored out of my mind. I have cooked, cleaned, & finished the laundry. I even went swimming today. Right now I'm just holding on for "dear life" - trying to make it one more day "alcohol & cigarette" free. I know it is the best thing for my body - but dam this is hard.

Ohh well if you ever get that bored you are welcome to come and clean my house!!! :laugh: Bit of a long trip though...

But seriously well done, boredom is the hardest thing when you are trying to resist temptation.
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome; I'll let you know how I get on.:happy:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    went to a mexican restaurant today for lunch. Not only did I not have chips and salsa I didn't have a drink ... man that was hard. LOL
  • rjadams
    Options
    i am in maintain mode with vodka tontght. tomorrow is mexican foood and damn I am an awesome cheff but oh well we will dope. I booked a flight to to the twin cities and I hope to connect with Kim so true lushness can rule.. good night all, one day left of the holiday in the states!!!!
  • mom216
    Options
    KarenB IMHO - going to a Mexican place & resisting temptation has raised you to "Goddess level" - wow I'm strong but not that strong.:bigsmile:

rjadams - I totally understand "not" having a hangover. Pretty much I can drink a lot and still not have a hangover - I'm not sure if this is a gift or a curse. :drinker:

Here is the short version on boredom - I'm going through some family drama. Cleaning helps relieve stress. And checking in with all of you is a tremendous help.

I have now made it 3 days alcohol free!!!! (Friday, Sat, Sun) -
    I'm eating clean and starting to exercise more.
  • rjadams
    Options

Here is the short version on boredom - I'm going through some family drama. Cleaning helps relieve stress. And checking in with all of you is a tremendous help.

I have now made it 3 days alcohol free!!!! (Friday, Sat, Sun) -
    I'm eating clean and starting to exercise more.

Glad we can help. good for you.

So today DH wants to cook mexican food. yum. and that means tequila!!! I know its monday but it is a holiday in the states so I think it is still a weekend.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    i am in maintain mode with vodka tontght. tomorrow is mexican foood and damn I am an awesome cheff but oh well we will dope. I booked a flight to to the twin cities and I hope to connect with Kim so true lushness can rule.. good night all, one day left of the holiday in the states!!!!

Let me know when you are coming....

I just finished with the state fair yesterday....tummy's not doing well today...ate and drank way to much

Kids start school tomorrow...so, I am thinking that some sort of routine again will end the summer drinking mode.

Leaving for Las Vegas on the 22nds...would like to drop into the 160's by then...control, control, control
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Hi all. Third day alcohol free. Am really proud of myself as I went out to lunch with a group of friends today and resisted temptation AND managed to stay well within my calorie allowance!
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am a social drinker...read I don't drink even weekly. However, I am glad to know that there are people on this board who have lost weight while still enjoying alcohol. I had (for me) quite a bit this weekend. I was shocked to have racked up 500+ calories in alcohol in 1 day! However, I maintained over the weekend, so I think I did well!

Good luck in the balancing act!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Made one pan whiskey flavored pork chops...they will be ready in 20 minutes...doesn't that count? I will post the recipe if they are any good
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I blew it at the local fair this weekend. 4 100 calorie coolers and half a bottle of wine yesterday. Saturday just 3 rye & diet coke but I had cheeseburger and poutine each day. I am up a few pounds today. Hopefully with abstaining from booze today and eating no supper I will be down by tomorrow.