Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Opened a big bottle of cider on Sunday but only drank half of it, gave in and drank the rest last night as it just wouldn't have kept nicely any longer! Today for the first time in ages I have had some chocolate, so I'm swapping alcohol for chocolate now :grumble:

I did lose my goal of 0.5lb last week though. Still not entirely decided if I should lose a bit more. People keep telling me I look skinny now , 3 work colleagues today said to me that I look like I've lost loads of weight but I haven't lost any more than when they saw me 2 weeks ago before my holiday. I am a lot more happy with my shape than I was but still feel like I'm carrying a bit too much fat in places :ohwell:

Gotta stay on track as I know if I start drinking most nights and regularly eating junk like chocolate again I'll put all the weight back on. Just going through a stage where I'm feeling a bit low, it's hard to resist comfort eating at the moment.
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Hi all; 5th day of 14 day kick start and still no alcohol. Am keeping within the calorie allocation and have increased the amount of exercise I take, so am hoping for a nice surprise when I get on the scales on Saturday.

Yvonnej1; sounds as if you have made fantastic progress, don't weaken now. But, do be careful about your self image; listen to what others are saying and you might find that you are really very, very, very happy with how you look!

rjadams - hope your cold gets better soon. Drink lots of water and take Vitamin C and Echinacea. Good luck. Pam
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    This month started so well but today it's run into a brick wall. A very big reality check today and several pints seem to be in order, I know that this is no answer especially as the last few weeks have not been great on the wieght loss front but there we go. Anyway the month is young and I will get back on target sooer or later.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Sam. reality sucks I hope the pint or two make it look a little less sucky. You can always try to exercise extra (that helps reality suck a little less too)
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Don't give up Sam. Tomorrow is a new day when you can start over. Pam:smile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Looks like we are having so success stories on the lush board

Yvonne, IDK why people would be commenting now about how skinny you look; but, smile and run with it...Hmmm, chocolate...why is everything good so sinfully delicious?

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0 (jumping ahead...but, determined I will not have any)
  • LJK100
    LJK100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    YAY! 10 days - no alcohol. I am pretty proud of myself. I did eat 5 chocolate cookies tho, after tearing myself AWAY from the wine section of the grocery store...I WANTED a glass sooooo bad...I am glad I didn't, don't care about the cookies, was under my calories anyway.

Life lookin better for me!!!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Good for you. I only lasted 3 days and caved in last night. One glass became a whole bottle. Starting fresh again today
    susan
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    well, I suck.
    I caved and fell into two glasses of Australian red...
    Lordy lordy - it'll be looooooong 10 days.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I just don't seem to have any will power lately. I caved last night and had a big ol vodka rocks. it was sooo tasty. but I got an nasty look from DH. He said "I thought you weren't doing that during the week anymore" geezh I know what I said but please don't rub my nose in it. I am so weak. I will try not to drink today but I know I will tomorrow because I plan on cooking with wine and that means drinking it too.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    No alcohol for me tonight but decided to finish up the bar of chocolate. Still under calories though, even if some of the ones I've eaten are bad.

Just typed out a great big long whinge about how rubbish I'm feeling at the moment because of my back pain then deleted it as I didn't want to bore you all and be self indulgent by rambling on!

Grrrr, I just want to feel a bit better and snap out of this negative mood.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon Yvonne. pain sucks.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have made it to 7 days no booze. For me I need to just not drink in order to help get this weight off. That includes the weekends for the time being.

Don't beat yourselves up ... just know that every day is a new day!
  • mvlaurel
    Options
    Okay, I was going to say that I wasn't going to have any wine tonight, then I remembered that I have a bottle on the counter with only about 2 glasses left in it. I'm going back and forth between having that tonight, but nothing more (I would have to go get more, so that shouldn't be a problem), or just pouring it down the sink and saving the calories. GRRRRRRRR.
  • rjadams
    Options
    or just pouring it down the sink and saving the calories. GRRRRRRRR.

I guess that would be good for the calories but I would consider that alcohol abuse. :tongue: and we don't really condone that here.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    So far so good, No alcohol this week at all. The weekend looms
    and I will probably have a glass of wine. My hubby is dieting with a
    dietician for surgery and he is allowed a shot once a day. Let us not
    get carried away though, he really isn't drinking except ocassionally.
    He is a beer drinker at heart. I love this thread I could have used it this
    summer with all the margaritas I consummed.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    or just pouring it down the sink and saving the calories. GRRRRRRRR.

I guess that would be good for the calories but I would consider that alcohol abuse. :tongue: and we don't really condone that here.

Ditto, cook with it, give it away....BUT, DON'T THROW IT DOWN THE DRAIN...There are a lot of lushes would appreciate it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yvonne, hope you feel better:flowerforyou: have you done some stretching exercises or yoga??? Might help
    Robin, how much wine do you actually use as an ingrediant?:huh:
    Pam, just start over...the seventeen will be lush weekend with no kids...hello, does it get any better?
    Karen...tell us all if you drop weight because of the lack of booze...you can be our insipation:bigsmile:

To all that have posted and abstained...you are now my hero:drinker: :drinker:
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    OK. Have now reached day 6 of 14 days alcohol free. Brilliant day today; cleaned my daughter's house this morning from top to bottom; vacuumed, swept floors, mopped floors; moved furniture. Took me 3 hours and should have burnt off a lot of calories! Tonight went swimming with my granddaughter and managed 24 lengths in 35 minutes. Going to pilates tomorrow; am hoping it will improve my posture and ease the stiffness caused by arthritis.

Yvonne, hope you're feeling better knowing that you have friends here on the MB.

Good luck everyone. :wink: :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    YAY! 10 days - no alcohol. I am pretty proud of myself. I did eat 5 chocolate cookies tho, after tearing myself AWAY from the wine section of the grocery store...I WANTED a glass sooooo bad...I am glad I didn't, don't care about the cookies, was under my calories anyway.

Yvonne and I both hit up the chocolate...there seems to be a common thread to it all

Oldbat...good job...your a fan-tab-u-lous mom to entirely clean a house...keep up the soberism