Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good for you missmaya! Luckily where we live there are no shops or restaurants for miles so the temptation is just not there lol.

It is the one bonus of living on the edge of a city next to the farms. The down side is being woken by the cows in the morning lol
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    well after a wobble at the start of the week am back on track, and as i don't have to start work until 1pm tomorrow i am counting this evening as still the weekend so its Magners and ice time :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am a lush and continued tonight with the football season...ate a burrito as well...need to be multicultural as an American
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    LOL Kim - you have a *viable* excuse!

I managed to stay dry last night, I think it was just laziness prevailing since I didn't want to go downstairs to fetch a bottle!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had to open a red for my cooking last night so I enjoyed a little napa valley merlot. Now it is Monday and I am really motivated. I am even going to attempt to go past next weekend and not drink at all until I meet up with Kim in Minnesota the following weekend. That will be a miracle if I can do it. Until then I will just make it thru today and see what tomorrow brings.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    day 2 alcohol free:happy:

Now if I can just drag my lazy behind to the gym :devil:
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Day 10 alcohol free; four days to go til I reward myself with a gin and tonic. Well within today's calorie limit and managed aerobics and some gardening to help burn off some fat! :bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I had a great day today. I was able to workout for 4 hours and burn a bunch of calories. I feel really good and really on track. DH opens a bottle of red for dinner. I tell him I can't have any. So now a bottle of wine is sitting there open. (I would have recorked it but he is corkscrew challenged and pushed the cork into the bottle as he was trying to open it) Boy open bottles of wine really can call to a person. :noway: I am relying on how good I feel about having such great day to get me thru this. I hope he drinks it quickly or hides it or something. :tongue:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I was bound and determined not to drink for an entire week after the labor day weekend. But dammit its football season! Had a couple of captain and diet cokes on thursday to open the nfl season. Was VERY good on Friday and didn't have a thing. (yay for me on a Friday!) But then we had to go to BWW to get the Texas v WYO game on Saturday and they had a $3.25 big bud light special. I had 3 to drown my sorrow for my poor WYO Pokes :grumble: and 2 more later just for fun.

Trying again for next weekend. Don't have high hopes since I'll be going to a concert and live music and beer just go hand in hand.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    SUUUUUUUUUUUNDAY ... I went to a Greek Festival ... and had a shot of Ouzo ... other then that and the shot of Sake, I have been alcohol free for 14 days ... I actually threw most of the Ouzo away ...

Compared to the vodka I used to drink I am not counting either of those shots as "drinks" LOL

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    full bottle for me last night :grumble:
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    KarenB - just ouzo? I would not be able to resist all the Greek Food!!!! I'm impressed!!:drinker:

I just had a "oh ****" moment - given my inconsistent eating/drinking/work-out habits I don't think I will make my
    Halloween goals. GRRRRRRRR!!!! Okay - this is now a war of wills. I must fight my urges to drink/eat & just stay focused. :explode:

Last night = 1 bottle of wine plus spaghetti & meatballs - DUH!!!!! I really need to just grow up!:sad:
  • diegogirl
    Options
    It's good to know I'm NOT ALONE when it comes to the drink !!!.. I don't mean that in a bad way. Just I'm partial to drink myself. and lately I've been doing it daily which is kinda Sad and Sick all the same. I could make my excuses, stress, verbally abusive husband etc... etc... I shouldnt drink but I drink for the buzz I'm not going to LIE :ohwell: ...It seems to ease the emotional pain just that little bit.. BUT I can say I do work out hard, and cut other calories in place of the drink (most of the time) :frown: .. Not the best to replace ur calories, but we all have our reason for the tipple... :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks.

I will do this.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Good jobs to those that remained strong thru the weekend. Me, not so much. Friday is a 6 months till St. Patricks celebration at O'Malley's pub. Guess where I will be?? Um, not at home. I'll be, drinkin', dancin' and gettin' cruck.

Robin, this would have been the better weekend to come. It's my weekend off. I get back from LV on Friday and have Saturday off. Your daughters in Eagan. I'm in Woodbury about 20 minutes away on the freeway. Oh, and incredible strength yesterday with the wine.

Pam, have fun on your trip to IL.

Diegogirl, welcome, I like the buzz too. I think we all do for various reasons. Stay strong!!

Monday, 0 drinks
  • diegogirl
    Options

Diegogirl, welcome, I like the buzz too. I think we all do for various reasons. Stay strong!!

Try my best :flowerforyou: ... but there are days know what im saying !!! OMG There are Days .... :brokenheart:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    KarenB - just ouzo? I would not be able to resist all the Greek Food!!!! I'm impressed!!:drinker:

I just had a "oh ****" moment - given my inconsistent eating/drinking/work-out habits I don't think I will make my
    Halloween goals. GRRRRRRRR!!!! Okay - this is now a war of wills. I must fight my urges to drink/eat & just stay focused. :explode:

Last night = 1 bottle of wine plus spaghetti & meatballs - DUH!!!!! I really need to just grow up!:sad:

Oh no, I ate food BUT I really watched it and didn't have ANY sweets ...
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    11 days; roll on Friday and the end of my 14 day abstinence. Under my calorie limit today and I have been for a walk, done aerobics and a Pilates class today!!! Keep strong everyone!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well I did have a glass of wine last night but it's was to finish off the bottle I opened on Saturday night, so it was my weekend allocation just carried over! No wine til Friday night now. Haven't made it to the gym since Sunday yet but at least I'm back cycling to work everyday so I'm getting some exercise. Been feeling a bit under the weather and have no energy, it's hard to get motivated, all I want to do is rest when I get home from work, not go out to the gym or exercise. Planning on making it to the gym tomorrow night though.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = 3 vodka rocks.

I was tired but not sleepy and I worked my butt off yesterday 1534 calories burned so I rationalized. go fiugre. FAIL!!!