Fit For Future Families 2

Options

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    So how have you been doing? How has this group helped you? What challenges are you facing right now? Do you have any tips to help others?

As I said earlier, I've gotten completely derailed due to progesterone. I think trying to do more difficult workouts last week to increase the fat burn didn't help either. They just made me hurt and then I didn't want to work out. I have to finish cleaning my house tonight, but I'm hoping to at least squeeze in some yoga and pilates. Tomorrow is out, but maybe by Friday I'll be back on track.

I'm not sure that anyone can help me get back on track and I don't feel that I'm in a position to give anyone tips. But if you want to shout out some motivators, feel free.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My weight loss next week really inspired me to keep going! Although last night when i got home and made dinner i was so hungry i ended up going over by 500 calories:grumble: ...i chalked it up to "Shocking my system" and drank SO much water that i think i should be okay by the end of the week.
    Then today I got to work and my boss offered to get everyone starbucks! (my weakness and i haven't had in MONTHS) so i gave in and got a NON-FAT white mocha:blushing: ...BUT I got a tall with no whip....AND I have Zumba tonight...So i shouldn't go over and i'll get a good work out tonight!

Good luck to all those who are O'ing and BDing....someone should wear an HRM while BDing...i'm sure you burn a decent amount of calories...I would but when i got my HRM my husband informed me i was not allowed to...(I didn't even ask, he just knew what i was thinking...:laugh: )
  • epa422
    Options
    Good luck to all those who are O'ing and BDing....someone should wear an HRM while BDing...i'm sure you burn a decent amount of calories...I would but when i got my HRM my husband informed me i was not allowed to...(I didn't even ask, he just knew what i was thinking...:laugh: )

I've definitely thought about doing that, but mine beeps every 15 seconds so you know if you're in your target or not. It might throw DH off his game. :laugh:
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I found the Yoga 4 Fertility by Brenda Strong at the same price (but used). Has anyone else used either of these?
    I have the Fertility Yoga DVD "Bend, Breath, & Conceive". I literally put it in the dvd player ONE time...and didn't even play the entire thing through. I am NOT a yoga person. I'd be happy to sell it to anyone interested. I paid $19.95... make me an offer. :smile:

Also, if anyone is interested in buying: The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis (paid $16.99) and/or Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler (paid 24.95).... let me know. I briefly skimmed through them both, but they do me no good...especially since we're going to be on the IVF course soon. Just make me an offer if you're interested.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you! As much as I greatly appreciate the information and shared knowledge, it would be very nice to hear how everyone is doing on their healthy living journey. :smile:

This week was my best loss ever! I made it to a full pound lost. But I'm afraid that a bit has come back after a number of bad choices. I really need to incorporate more veggies and fruits in my daily plan.

I tried to get back to my push-ups and crunches in the morning. I'm embarrassed to say that it only lasted for two days...:ohwell: I am not a morning person, so it is very hard to find that motivation. :yawn: Instead I decided to do some exercises at work. when I am waiting for the microwave I do push-ups on the lower counter top. I never take the elevator. (I work on the 6th floor) Actually, a lot of my co-workers make fun of me. I rather be made fun of for taking the stairs then other things! LOL and even better the elevator was brokeall day yesterday....serves them right for making fun of me for not using it! :laugh:

My biggest challenge I am facing is finding the time to get a workout in. If I am not at work or teaching, I am at the rental house working to get it ready for a renter. I have made sure to make it to Zumba on Saturdays but I would like to get there twice during the week as well. :frown: I would really like the time to use my wii fit! I have Jillian Michaels' workout game and I only used it once and loved it, but haven't had time to do it again. :frown: Hopefully we can get the house done soon! we are down to little stuff like painting and hardware. :smile:

Best of luck to everyone!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    This week was my best loss ever! I made it to a full pound lost. But I'm afraid that a bit has come back after a number of bad choices. I really need to incorporate more veggies and fruits in my daily plan.

I tried to get back to my push-ups and crunches in the morning. I'm embarrassed to say that it only lasted for two days...:ohwell: I am not a morning person, so it is very hard to find that motivation. :yawn: Instead I decided to do some exercises at work. when I am waiting for the microwave I do push-ups on the lower counter top. I never take the elevator. (I work on the 6th floor) Actually, a lot of my co-workers make fun of me. I rather be made fun of for taking the stairs then other things! LOL and even better the elevator was brokeall day yesterday....serves them right for making fun of me for not using it! :laugh:

Congrats on the weight loss! That's wonderful! :drinker: (that guy is holding water....so cheers with water to you!)

I too haven't been doing well with pushups - it lasted about 3 weeks and I was done. But I tell you what - tonight I will do 10 of each right before I eat (with my plate ready, before I sit down). Will you join me?

And hey - imagine what would have happened if you took the elevator every day - what a tiring day yesterday would have been. Congrats!
  • Mellie13
    Options
    Well, to save $$ we canceled the gym membership and just got a gazelle (for free) and I just bought the Bend, Breathe, and Conceive: Fertility Yoga with Anna Davis, Ph.D., RYT DVD. So, now it's time to get a routine and get down to business!! We have been so busy that it's been very difficult and I have not made the greatest eating choices to boot! I think I am just going to have to do like I have learned to do with laundry and housework and just do a little when I can. I also need to plan & put in on the calendar like I do our meals! Hopefully I can even get DH back in the game. Since the weather has been nice (when it's not raining) we could do our walking routine (just over 5k) at least once a week! Especially since our work schedules are back in sync. Well, that's the skinny on me right now!
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Well, to save $$ we canceled the gym membership and just got a gazelle

Do you use an HRM when you do the Gazelle? Let me know how you like it! I've been playing with the idea of buying one! I don't mind spending the $ on a one time expence, it's hard for me to find time to go to the Gym (we have access to the gym on base for free except it's 30min from my house...and doesn't offer childcare)
  • epa422
    Options
    I have a Gazelle and a HRM. Doing 30 minutes of intervals with stretching after, I burn about 150 calories. 5'6.5", 138 lbs.

The movement is so strange for me that I can't seem to push myself over 75% of my resting heart rate.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Erica - I like your 5' 6.5...gotta ad the .5 :laugh:

I'm with Erica on the motivation, eating and exercising. I've been better about walking and stuff but I can not seem to make a good food choice. Not sure if it's lazy, wanting to be self distractive, or what! I'm tired of feeling like poop and I know it's from what I'm putting in my body. I find the only way I can stay even close to on track is if I don't leave my house, and I like to leave my house :sad: The day isn't over and I'm going to try to make the most of it and do what I need to do. Other then that, tomorrow is another day!!!
  • epa422
    Options
    That .5 of an inch makes all the difference in the world to calorie burning. :laugh:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Can you tell I'm trying to avoid how I'm doing....LOL That's why all the info.......someone caught me out though.

So from an actual progress perspective, I'm doing well.....at about 15.5% body weight lost since June - that's 44.8 pounds. The fertility doctor told me to expect ~50lbs from going on the Metformin. When I first went on it, the energy level boost I had was phenomenal. Since then, I'm almost back to where I was energywise - so exercise is really based on a few things weekly since I tend to come home and crash daily for a few hours. Right now I'm focused on mowing the lawn 2x a week, walking the dogs nightly and Aquafit 1x a week. It's not going to be enough to sustain weight loss once the effect of the Metformin wears off. Will probably boost Aquafit to 2x a week in a few. My problem is all the other classes at the same time are the advanced onces and if can't get through the beginner classes well.....

From a healthy eating perspective, I'm finding that my water intake has been really bad. I can go the whole day without water, but end up with terrible headaches - it's only happened once and once I slept it off and consumed 6 glasses of water, it did subside so it was definitely dehydration. I also have zero interest in healthy foods this week so I've been sneaky and have been looking at ways to fool myself into thinking they are better for me than they are. Tonight is baked chicken fingers (from scratch), salad and sweet potato fries. But I haven't had much to eat the rest of the day. So dessert is going to be a fruit & veg smoothie to help me get all those nutrients but trick myself into thinking it's a yummy milkshake - think it's going to be strawberry, banana, mango, carrot, zucchini smoothie.
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    I really need to measure myself...I normally just tell people I'm just shy of 5'6 or 5'5.5 but i'm honestly....not 100% sure! :ohwell:

Erica - You and i are right about the same height/weight. I'm at 136-138lbs right now too! These last few pounds to goal are killing me! :grumble:

I must share...bc i love...I have found these pre-made salad's by Ready-pac....they're called bistro salads...and man are they good! They are all completely measured out for you and are between 200-300 calories a piece and FILLING! Monday I had a Spinach Dijon salad (spinach, slivers of almonds and dried cranberries, colby jack cheese, egg and sweet onion dijon dressing) and today i had a Santa Fe Chicken salad (chicken, cheddar cheese, corn and chips with salsa ranch dressing) Holy Moly they are good! I got them 2 for $5 in the produce section of my local grocery store...that's almost cheaper than making salads at home and already measured out for your convenience!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Wow, i have so much to catch up on.
    I'm doing well with my water but need to implement my walking plan a little better.
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So i went to my dr apt today and my dr said we were having sex too much LOL... We did the BD every other day from day 10-20... He told me starting day dont dont have sex until i get a postive ovulation test. So i thought that was funny cant blame us for trying right? and it was fun!!!

So we didnt do a blood test but he said if i havent started my period by the weekend then to test again. I got more clomid more metformin so i am all set for next month!!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    So i went to my dr apt today and my dr said we were having sex too much LOL... We did the BD every other day from day 10-20... He told me starting day dont dont have sex until i get a postive ovulation test. So i thought that was funny cant blame us for trying right? and it was fun!!!

So we didnt do a blood test but he said if i havent started my period by the weekend then to test again. I got more clomid more metformin so i am all set for next month!!!

Fingers are crossed for you!!
  • epa422
    Options

Really? I've heard that men should, um... "replenish" their supplies about 3 days before you really need good, healthy swimmers. And wowza! Good for you on having that much energy!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You don't want your guy to go more than a week w/o ah-hem...taking care of business... Whenever we did our IUI's, we had usually 3 days w/o....and had decent numbers.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    So I’ve been doing alright on average since I got back from vacation, I’ve gone over my calories a couple times, but not by much and everything I had was at least nutritional. As for working out I’m doing Zumba on Mondays, Tae bo on Tuesday & Thursdays and Yoga on Fridays. I want to get into going to the gym on weekends to at least weight train, I sometimes do a Yoga or Pilates video at home on weekends but would rather get a routine going for the weekends. It’s so hard for my though, my DH and my families live about an hour away from us and so we often aren’t even home on weekends. I have gatherings for the next 5 weekends planned! Does anyone have suggestions on how to get a workout in while spending your weekend with company or on the road?

AlisaToth – My DH actually told me I should put on a HRM while BDing, he thinks if I see how many calories I’m burning I’ll want to do it that much more often :smile: Men!

Mellie13 - What are you referring to when you say you got a gazelle? All I can think of is an antelope!

Ivygirl11 – My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Fitterpam – If your energy levels are that low have you considered an energy supplement? I’ve never tried any but I’ve heard some are ok, maybe it could help avoid the afternoon crash.
  • epa422
    Options
    Does anyone have suggestions on how to get a workout in while spending your weekend with company or on the road?

Do you have a laptop? If so, you could find workouts on www.exercisetv.tv to do while on the road. Otherwise, you could probably just stick with doing circuits of push-ups, ab curls, jumping jacks, etc. that don't require any equipment. Or maybe invest in a jump rope?

Oh, you didn't ask me, but a Gazelle is sort of like an elliptical/ski machine. Remember Tony Little infomercials? http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=gazelle&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=3675922460082274283&ei=uWKbTJDbDoaAnwev4-zbDw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDcQ8wIwAg#