Fit For Future Families 2

Options

Replies

• Mellie13
    Options
    To answer the questions... I have not actually done the gazelle for an extended period of time (just tried it out). It is a weird sensation and I hope I can get used to it. I felt so weird when I got off. I also do not have a hrm, though I think I should probably get one. I'm hesitant mostly because I have sensory issues and I'm thinking I will hate the way it feels! I'm thinking I will work out at the intensity/time I did on the elipticals at the gym and just enter the same amount of calories burned since it was very consistant and from my knowledge probably pretty acurate (if not on the low side).
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Jalara~ I totally forgot about our agreement before dinner last night, but I am completely with you tonight!! 10 of each before touching the plate! LOL we can do this together! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Also, I have to share that I have been cutting back on my weighing in. I was getting a bit obsessed and probably jumping on the scale a good 2 times a day. I know that it was not accurate measures of progress; I guess I was just curious. So I put the scale up on the linen closet on the top shelf so I have to actually get it down to weigh in. But curiosity got the best of me today after my great loss from Monday and I got it out again today just to see what was going on and....down another 1.6 pounds from Monday! That's crazy and completely not believable. :noway: We'll see what I'm at on Monday... Just thought it was weird and had to share. TTFN
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Great Job KCurtis! I know what you mean about becoming obsessive! I do the same thing...I'm kind of excited about my weigh-in tomorrow! I'm on a roll too! It's really motivating to see the scale moving!

I just wanted to share this totally BIZAARR dream i had last night...i'm not sure WHY I keep having these very vivid dreams but i don't like it bc i wake up sad!
    So in my dream i'm sitting in the bathroom, after just peeing on the stick waiting for a response. Now, in my dream it's in present time, so on Thursday Sept 23 i am doing this (even though i'm on BC for some reason i wanted to take a test) and it comes out positive! So i start freaking out! Hubby leaves on deployment in Early Feb! and now i'm pregnant! I'm extatic to BE pregnant but it coudln't have happend at a worse time! Pregnant in September means July baby and hubby won't be back until late August at the earliest! So i tell him that i think i'm preggo, and he is upset too. So we make a Dr. Appt and he drives me there, but he waits in the car with our son. My mom goes in with me (why my mom is there...i don't know bc she lives in FL...) and the dr does a blood test to confirm. So i ask to have an ultrasound to determine how far along i am due to deployment circumstances! He does the ultrasound and I'm 20weeks! Due in mid January! Now i'm happy that the baby will be born before my hubby leaves but Holy Moly! I've been pregnant for 20 weeks! OMG! My poor baby! I've been drinking, smoking occasionally (ex-smoker, I slip everynow and again when i'm drinking) and have been activily TRYING to lose weight!! Luckly the baby looks healthy! So the rest of the dream is me walking around skinny and preggo...and just like every dream i have when i am pregnant i can always see the baby floating around in my belly...like a constant 4D ultrasound on my stomach...the Dr. kept telling me it looked like a boy but i could CLEARLY see (through my belly) that it was a girl...oy....
    On a different note, I did Zumba last night...620 in 1 hour...AMAZING! I ended up having to eat a little more so i wasn't going under toooo much, but i chose just to add a half of an avacado to my dinner! :-)

**Edit : Also, thought it was funny in my dream when i found out i was preggo i couldn't wait to get to a computer to tell you ladies! :laugh:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    LOL, Alisa. Your TTC stress dreams crack me up. I wish I would have pregnancy dreams with that much detail. In mine, I'm either pregnant or I'm not and that's usually when I wake up thinking "I have to temp right now!" only it's 2 am and way too early for that.
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So i went to my dr apt today and my dr said we were having sex too much LOL... We did the BD every other day from day 10-20... He told me starting day dont dont have sex until i get a postive ovulation test. So i thought that was funny cant blame us for trying right? and it was fun!!!

Really? I've heard that men should, um... "replenish" their supplies about 3 days before you really need good, healthy swimmers. And wowza! Good for you on having that much energy!

I re-read my post and i left out a number that would help it make more sense. He said he can go on with our normal sex life until about day 10 hold off on having sex for maybe 3-4 days (i should ovulate then) and then have sex when i get a positive ovulation test...
  • epa422
    Options
    Ah, OK, that makes more sense. :smile: Though now I'm thinking, you do it before CD 10 if you don't have to? :blushing: :laugh:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    My work just had health screenings the last 2 days, and my HDL/LDL/BP/Sugar are all perfect! Wahoo!

Does anyone know the precursors for gestaional dabeties? I'm concerned about that.
  • epa422
    Options
    Does anyone know the precursors for gestaional dabeties? I'm concerned about that.

Being pregnant.

Seriously, though, there's a reason they screen every woman for it, I don't think it really has a rhyme or reason. I've had three friends treated for gestational diabetes in the past year. Two were overweight and one weighed less than I do now when she was 7 months pregnant. She's also a vegetarian and cooks everything from scratch.
  • jalara
    Options
    Being pregnant.
    I'm getting to that point!:tongue:
  • epa422
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I Googled. Risk factors include being over age 25, being overweight, and having a family history of diabetes or a self history of pre-diabetes, also people of certain racial backgrounds are more often diagnosed (African American, Native American)
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    I do know that Gestational Diabetes doesn't ness have to do with regular diabetes although it can play a part in it. I've known people who have had GD while preggo then had the baby and everyone's sugar levels came out fine.

My mom was borderline GD with my brother but never actually had it and has been fine ever since. Then my aunt acutally got regular diabetes AFTER she had her baby but didn't have GD. Both had 10lb babies though...I am PRAYING I never have a 10lb baby...MAN!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I know some women who are so afraid they will have GD, that they follow a GD diet as soon as they find out they are preggo. I have been watching my sugar intake, and am considering trying to follow the GD diet a little, but not 100%. The fact that anything with lots of sugar (ice cream, candy, pie, etc make me super sick right now is a blessing I guess)
  • jalara
    Options
    I know some women who are so afraid they will have GD, that they follow a GD diet as soon as they find out they are preggo. I have been watching my sugar intake, and am considering trying to follow the GD diet a little, but not 100%. The fact that anything with lots of sugar (ice cream, candy, pie, etc make me super sick right now is a blessing I guess)

Hey Tahmed! Long time no chat! How are you doing otherwise???
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Mellie13 - What are you referring to when you say you got a gazelle? All I can think of is an antelope!

haha your question made me cross the dicussions of BDing and the antelope and I just thought of a sexercise machine LOL

AlisaToth: Your dream made me think of this show i have recently become addicted to "I didn't know i was pregnant" but thanks for sharing!

I've also been having strange dreams about being pregnant. Last night I dreamed that Julia Roberts asked me to be her surrogate and invited me back home with her for lunch and while we were there she mentioned that she didnt want to risk another PG because of her age and she was packing for the beach and all i remember last was beach flip flops in her suit case and i woke up. WEIRD!!!
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So I talked to my doctor and she told me that she is releasing me to the fertility clinic. I got an appt for tomorrow, which is crazy b/c they are usually booked. DH says I should wait but I know I don't see AF without help but he swears that I am pregnant. This may be TMI but when AF showed up on Monday, it lasted 1 day and I only used 1 lite day tampon. Which is really strange because usually day 1 is so immobilizing. I am hoping the doctor will do some blood work tomorrow. So fingers crossed, it was just implantation bleeding and the test was just too early.

Just some information for those of you who are looking for cheaper ovulation and pregnancy tests. I bought a pack of 40 ovulation with 10 pregnancy test off of Amazon for less than $10. They are the same ones that they use in doctors office and I am pretty sure they come from a lab.
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you kt4au! Not to get your hopes up but that sounds about right. Either way, you're going in the right direction, if you're preggo that's awesome! If not (:frown:) then you're going to the fertility doctor who will hopefully help GET you preggo!

So...hubster is working late tonight...AGAIN... (yay for being home for two weeks...and then putting him on nights so we have to make lunch dates just to see each other!) and my son's soccer coach just called and said practice was cancelled...so it should be a pretty relaxing evening...I haven't decided what i'm going to do for dinner, but i think i'm going to take the dog for a walk and have the boy ride his bike along side. The weather's been so nice I hate to waste it!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    So I know weighing yourself mid week can be dangerous, but I just had to this morning. I had been doing good all week and felt that I lost weight and wanted to weigh myself before the weekend as motivation to keep on track (now this could have backfired had I stayed the same or gained). I went from 161.1 lbs on Monday to 158.8 lbs this morning! I haven’t changed my ticker, I want to only do that after Monday’s weigh in, and so I’m ubber motivated to keep it up over the weekend so that I can be sure to put that weight loss down.

Ericaroo – thanks for the weekend suggestions, unfortunately my family lives so far out in the country side that they only have only internet provider that will service them and its dial up, so the exercise web site you mention wont work there but I will be sure to try it out at home.
    Also thank for explaining the gazelle to me, I was so confused :smile:

Kt4au - my fingers are crossed for you!
  • epa422
    Options
    Good luck kt4au! My periods have started doing that since being off of birth control and it usually freaks me out to the point where I convince myself that I'm actually really pregnant and need to test. If you don't get your BFP, I'll be curious what your doctor tells you about that.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today.

and I'm still at 180 i know i have to up my workouts and my eating habits have been unhealthy this past week. So, I have to really buckle down and get back into my healthy habits.
  • anewJess
    Options
    Hi again, ladies! Just fyi, I changed my username; I used to be Jkel but decided I needed a change. :) I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post again. I keep the page up while I'm at work and refresh every so often to keep up, but I always feel like I don't have time to write everything I'd like to in the 4 hours I'm at work (work clearly interferes with life, lol).

I'm not doing very well with weight loss. I can't seem to get below 178.4. Whether it's bad days of overeating a bit or possibly building some muscle, I'm not getting the scale to move very much. It's pretty discouraging. I'm a member at Curves, and I signed up to do this weight loss challenge thing along with 16 other people or so. Essentially, you pay $5 to enter, and whoever loses the most weight wins the pot of money. The rules are that if you gain weight you have to pay $1, if you don't get weighed every Friday or Saturday you have to pay $1, and if you don't come at least 3 times a week you have to pay $1. So hopefully the threat of having to pay more money would keep us on track, right? Sort of. I had to pay $1 last week for gaining half a pound, although it had to be my clothes because I was under the previous week's weight when I weighed myself at home (without clothes). Such a bummer. I'm afraid I'll have to pay again this week because of some bad eating choices while out of town with my husband over the weekend and a few bad meals during the week. Although I've reached my goal every week of working out at least 4 times, I'm not making too much progress. I'm thinking about making some more drastic dietary changes in addition to counting my calories, but I'm nervous that I won't stick with it, and then I'll end up with a bunch of groceries that I may never eat (this has happened before, lol). I don't know if you guys have ever heard of The Daniel Fast or The Engine 2 Diet, but I would probably want to do something similar. (They are fairly similar but have a few notable differences, but they are essentially plant-strong eating plans - no meat or dairy in both, Daniel Fast says no sugars except those naturally occurring and no bread [only unleavened], Engine 2 says no oils, etc.) My plan is to look at some recipes tonight and make some meal plans before going grocery shopping tomorrow.

In TTC-related news, AF is about 4 or 5 days late at this point. This cycle has been confusing because I wasn't sure when I O'ed, and we might've done a bit of BDing right before, if the OPK was right. (I'm having trouble trusting the OPK though because of the circumstances with it, long story, lol). However, if the OPK was correct, I got a positive on the 15th. But I was supposed to O on the 5th and AF would've shown up on the 19th. But if I in fact O'ed on the 15th, then I'm not late. But this week I've had some PMS-y symptoms (severe irritability [poor DH], very emotional, cramps on Wednesday), but I've also had a bit of nausea on a couple of days, and that is unusual for me. So I'm not sure how to read any of the things my body is doing, and it is getting quite frustrating. I believe the chances of me being pregnant are slim, but I'm having trouble not getting my hopes up. AF is probably late for other reasons. DH doesn't really want me to be pregnant because he'd like to plan better for it to happen, but he said he will be excited when I am, even if it is now. I feel like he changes his mind about kids every other day; it's hard to keep up. Anyway, in the event that AF continues to be a no-show, when should I test in order to get the most accurate results?

I love being a part of this group and all the information and encouragement that you ladies give to other members! Thank you so much for all you share. I'm hoping to get in the habit of signing in when I'm home and have more a chance to write.