Maintenance Thread

Options
Hey fellow MFP, I would like to start a new Maintenance thread for those that have reached their goal. I would love to have check-in, weekly weigh-ins, tip and suggestions. The struggle to maintain can sometimes be as hard as losing. I am hoping with support and motivation I will be able to maintain.

Any takers?

Have a happy healthy day!!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Good suggestion, I have been in maintenance for a year and a half, not that I had a lot to lose in the first place (15 lbs), now and I tend to fluctuate within a 5 pound range.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Great. I have just lost those pesty 10 pounds with the help of Power 90 and low-carb. I still bounce around two pounds but I figure that is normal. I want to stay focus and keep the pounds off and still maintain the muscle tone I have gained from Power 90.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Sometimes I feel out of place here because I'm maintaining and not losing. But I feel like I must keep logging my food if I don't want to slip back to where I was. So I need to be here.

I wish there was a way to turn on "Maintenance Mode" so that the site would stop doing things like:

-"Congratulate" me for losing a pound when it was just water weight that I put on the week before.
    -Post "MacMadame has finished for the day and was under her calorie goal!" as if that's a good thing but in fact I had a 1000 calorie deficit because it was the day I do my long bike ride and I couldn't make up all the calories and it's not a good thing at all.

I ended up turning all that stuff off from the news feed because it's irrelevant.

I'd also love it if MFP would calculate my calories based on a running total. So, if I go over today, it subtracts them from tomorrow and, if I am under today, it adds them to tomorrow. That makes sense for maintenance, but not for dieting.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Great ! MacMadame - congrats on your weight loss- that is great accomplishment!!!!

Ok so we will be in a "Maintenance Mode" - just check-in , chat and be accountable.

Thanks guys!!!
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I'm looking forward to it.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hey Fab Idea and just what i need as since reaching goal things have somehow gone a bit haywire!!!! found it much easier to be on a strict diet than to maintain.......its that having a LITTLE bit of something GOOD that i am struggling with lol, count me in !!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you...
    I feel I'm at a pretty healthy weight and I'm happy with what I've accomplished - but I'm still focused on fitness and good health.
    For me, it's becoming less and less about the number on the scale - I'm actually thinking of getting rid of it... staying active being fit are my goals now. Thanks for starting this thread!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Great - looks like we have some takers!!!

Today I did the Biggest Loser boot camp level 1 & 2. Surprised myself that I had to go down in weights from Power 90 - but different moves I guess. Still a very good workout - able to keep good form with lower weights.

My eating was in check - I did have a bubble tea with pearls - one my favorite afternoon pick - me ups!

Hope everyone had a great healthy day!
  • lobster888
    Options
    How does everyone ffeel about a weigh-in day !!! I know that a weigh-in keeps me accountable - but the scale can be the enemy too. I like the idea of a weekly weigh-in on Fridays. We don't have to post it - we could just say - good one or bad one or yeah maintaining.

My weigh-in today was the same - so I feel good - now off to walk on the treadmill!!!!

Thanks to all for joining - it really helps me to be in a thread and be accountable!!!!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great - looks like we have some takers!!!

Today I did the Biggest Loser boot camp level 1 & 2. Surprised myself that I had to go down in weights from Power 90 - but different moves I guess. Still a very good workout - able to keep good form with lower weights.

My eating was in check - I did have a bubble tea with pearls - one my favorite afternoon pick - me ups!

Hope everyone had a great healthy day!
    What is bubble tea with pearls?? Sounds intrigueing!!
  • barty
    Options
    Hi Lobster, Yes sounds good to me a Friday weigh-in, I also find it helps keep me on track and as i have had such a bad week !!!!!! it has made me face the scales today (which I have been dreading) and i am up from 119.5 to 122 pounds ... oohps! but today I have been good... Yayyyy!!! so hope to get back down by next Friday lol.
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I usually count my Monday weight as my official weight. It's probably not actually a good day as it often tends to be either artificially low (after a race) or artificially high (after eating out). I can report on Friday though. Except today I forgot to weigh! LOL

I am focused on body fat percentage right now. I need to get it checked again. Those hand-held devices are so inaccurate for me. My scale is okay but off by 1-3%. I want to do the body pod or do another dunk tank measurement.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just reached maintenance over the past couple of weeks and do not want it to start creeping up again. I am now working more on strengthening and toning, which I apparently should have been doing all along and thankfully another thread on this site enlightened me to do. Started with 3 days of strengthening this week and weight stayed within 1/2 pound.

Have a great holiday weekend!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    How does everyone ffeel about a weigh-in day !!! I know that a weigh-in keeps me accountable - but the scale can be the enemy too. I like the idea of a weekly weigh-in on Fridays. We don't have to post it - we could just say - good one or bad one or yeah maintaining.

My weigh-in today was the same - so I feel good - now off to walk on the treadmill!!!!

Thanks to all for joining - it really helps me to be in a thread and be accountable!!!!

sounds good i know i want to lose these last 10lbs but i certainly dont want to go over what i am already since i maintened for the past 10 weeks i think i might be in the right place
    im aiming for that 10lb loss then long term maintaining
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hi strangers!! i'm back from my wedding and hoping to lose the honeymoon weight and maintain at 140!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Hi shanna,

Beautiful wedding pictures!!! You were a beautiful bride!!!!

Glad to have you back!!!!

I started back to power 90 Matser series today. That will give a month to maintain what I have and keep all my muscle!!! I did UML this morning and it felt pretty good.

Tomorrow is check-in..... so I hope everyonw is having a good week!!
  • barty
    Options
    Good Morning All, I am pleased to report that I am weighing-in at 119.5 pounds, I reached goal weight of 119 pounds the middle of August and i'm now trying hard to maintain it so really happy with that as its been a bit of a bad week!!! good luck everyone.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    here's where i am:

my heaviest ever was May 2007, at 184 lbs. i was down to 148 at my wedding a week ago, but gained some over the honeymoon and weighed 154 on wednesday. today i'm down to 151! on the way back!!

i'd LOVE to get down to 140 and maintain there, so i'm really going to try hard all winter long to get there - help me stay focused and motivated!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Forgot to weigh-in duh! Oh well but I did get up and do the fat burn express for power 90. So, this is day 2 of my second round -but i am only doing 30 days (until my wedding and honeymoon) this time.

I need to drink my water today - slacked a little this week on water and a little too much snacking.... Not bad snacking but just too much! I am back on it with Power 90 for the next 30 days!!! I also start Boot camp on Monday. (a 5:45 class - Yipes) But I am committed.

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    and again i maintained at 136lbs lol now if i can reach my target and maintain this easy i will be uber super happy

shannah you looked fab in your dress congrats on being married good luck lobster hoping iyt goes better for you than it is for me