Maintenance Thread

Options

Replies

• lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    OK Shannarose, you talked me into it. I made the cookies last night - they were so good. I only had two. I just made the dough and have that in the refrigerater. So I only made 6 - my honey ate the other four. So, now I have to make them before I eat them - that will slow me down. LOL

Have a happy healthy day.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Is there an easy link to the recipe? They sound delish! (We've been on the flour free peanut butter cookie kick here, but those are finally gone, thank goodness. ) :wink: Not that they weren't good - they WERE. Too good.

MacMadame - I'm sort of with Lobster on this one - If I see an increase, I won't record it unless it sticks around for a week or so. However, the second I see a decrease (below my "normal" weight), I track it! :laugh: Don't know the pros and cons to doing it this way - but it's motivating.

I think I should be looking to you for advice though - your transformation is quite inspiring. And biking 43 miles? All I can say is WOW.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    here is the link to the cookies: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/105090-joannie-s-cranberry-oatmeal-cookies?hl=cranberry+oatmeal+cookies#posts-1451215

an excellent opportunity for portion control and self control! :laugh:

just returned from my morning workout. ran for 15 mins then biked for 30. burned 488 cals.

had my first successful night of "no late night snacking" last night - hoping to continue and just make it habit.

tired today. glad it's friday. :yawn:
  • lobster888
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Friday everyone,

I did my wiegh -in and stayed in my range, (126- it has dropped to 125 but today it was 126) As l am between 125 and 127 I am happy!! I got up and did my power 90 UML this morning and I made it to step class last night. My exercise is going great this week = the couple of day off last week really refreshed me!!! Also I am so motivated with the wedding only 3 weeks away!!! yeah!!!

My eating has been good too. I have a lot of fresh fish (thanks to my fisherman son) so I have been doing different things - grill, bake, broiled etc. I am trying something new tonight with Amberjack. If it urns out good I will let you guys know!!

Have a happy healthy day!!!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hoping to join in....

I started my weight loss in Dec. in order to be ready and toned for a Cabo vacation in April. I met my goal (anything under 120) and had the vacation of a lifetime. Then the great family roadtrip and summer happened and right now I am exactly 120. My goal is to maintain at 120 or under and to tone up the flab that persists.

I am working on getting my eating back under control (which is why I joined MFP) and to continue to exercise 6X a week. I want to find the right balance of weight control/exercise without getting obsessive like I was when I was losing weight.
  • lobster888
    Options
    twinmom, that is one of the reason for this thread - so we can learn the balalnce of maintaining after we have lost. Somethime sthat is difficult - or like you said we become obsessive.

Welcome to the thread!!!
  • shannahrose
    Options
    I am working on getting my eating back under control (which is why I joined MFP) and to continue to exercise 6X a week. I want to find the right balance of weight control/exercise without getting obsessive like I was when I was losing weight.

i couldn't agree more! at times i get super obsessive with logging every single calorie and every minute of exercise i start to drive my husband (and myself!) crazy!! i have to remind myself that this is a LIFE CHANGE and in order to be sustainable, it has to be a realistic balance between lax and obsessive. i'm working on finding it! :)
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    134LBS ill take it its 2lbs loss and definatley better than the 136 i keep staying at hoping i can keep it off
    hope you all had a good friday
  • shannahrose
    Options
    congrats on the loss! i know your scale was superglued at 136 so to drop 2 lbs is a great accomplishment!!! :)
  • amandadidier
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So this is my first week weighing in and my current weight is 124.8 pounds...i'm hoping to go down to 120-118 and maintain that....Have a good weekend!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Great Amanda for checking in - keep up the good work!!!!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, I reached goal weight of 119 pounds the middle of August and i'm now trying hard to maintain it !!!!! This week i'm at 120.5 pounds so up a pound on last week :sad: Good luck everyone.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    One pound doesn't count! :laugh: My weight fluctuates in a 4 pound range.

Did you know it takes 4 lb. of water to store 1 lb. of glycogen and most of us carry 1 lb. of glycogen in our muscles? They can hold 2 pounds though, so if you work at it and have 2 lb. of glycogen, your weight can fluctuate by as much as 8 pounds just from that.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    can i join in? i'm mostly in maintenance...i have stayed steady between 127 and 129 lbs for the last 6-8 weeks...i'd really like to teeter closer to 125 but so far my body thinks otherwise :) as long as i am under 130 lbs and still working out consistently i am okay...though my weight is staying consistent, i have been having a hard time keeping my eating habits in check lately...i am running my first half marathon next weekend and i am nervous that once my training is done and i slow my workouts a bit that i will go over...hopefully checking in will keep me on track :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

(That always works for me.)
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    MacMadame...that is a great idea!! :) i do need to find another one before the MI weather gets to terrible to run outside :)
  • shannahrose
    Options
    MacMadame...that is a great idea!! :) i do need to find another one before the MI weather gets to terrible to run outside :)

where do you live in michigan? i grew up there and lived near Traverse City until about 2 years ago when I moved to Indiana. But still a Michigander at heart! :)
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Weigh in from yesterday 126 so about the same. I would like to be between 123-125, just about there. I had trouble getting on this site yesterday, anyone else had that problem? Anyway, got on fine today. I have been craving potato chips like crazy this weekend. We had a fall festival this weekend so ate bad but back on track tomorrow!!

Have a great weekend!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    congrats on the loss! i know your scale was superglued at 136 so to drop 2 lbs is a great accomplishment!!! :)

yup its great to see the scales move finally and i can always say well its taken so long to lose it will stay off or take just as long to gain back either way its a relief to see them do something other than stay stuck in one place

hoping for a good week this week as im on my feet and out and about more now my little on is in nursery i do the school run 3times a day hoping that little extra move around will do some good it sure cant do any harm
  • shannahrose
    Options
    good morning! had a great weekend staying on track with calories and exercise. worked out both days - yesterday, i ran 30 mins straight! only5.5 pace, but i was still impressed with myself. it's been awhile since i've been able to do that :)

spinning tonight! have a great day everyone!