4 Years of being single

Options

Replies

• lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I meet lots of women, but it's never the right person at the right time. I have certain standards like in school or college degree, into some type of fitness, open minded, that I haven't budged on.

As seen by some posts, some people see 4 years of voluntarily being single as me having a problem. If I go in relationship for a few months, then women will see me as desirable and won't be seen as stale meat anymore.

With how awesome I am, I usually get "4 years single? You must be a player."

I'm habitually single (are we allowed to slap people when they ask HOW AREN'T YOU MARRIED?!) I have standards as well, and I tend to not budge much either, hey I'm only 25 I am allowed to be picky! I feel like you shouldn't ever lower your stands on things like education and well being, I can't date someone I cannot converse with, besides intelligence is sexy! If you have things like "must be 5'4' and 12 pounds and a rockin body", time to reevaluate, you might meet a chubby girl with the potential to be 'the one' but you are too close-minded to see past that, and understand that weight can be lost.

Thanks for serving your country (if that bit is true) and good luck on your search!

ETA: I hate laundry just as much as the next person, soooo if that's a requirement, ditch it. No one LIKES laundry

i dont think theres anything wrong with wanting someone with a rockin body. if thats what you want, and you lower your standards thats settling. i get it, some people dont care and the "inner beauty is what matters. most guys arent in greek god shape either.

I WANT someone with a rockin body too, but I also understand that there's a rockin body underneath a layer of fat if people want to work at it. I was only suggesting, that maybe he look at that as a malleable 'requirement' people gain and lose weight all the time, if he finds someone who is perfect, but is currently overweight, yet going to the gym and eating right to correct that, he shouldn't wash his hands of her.

Also, you're the guy who insinuated that all a woman has to offer is laundry, cooking and sex. So I basically take everything you say with an entire gallon of salt, not just a single grain

thats not what i was saying, i know they offer other things. not triyng to be rude, its simply my preference. im from a small town, want someone with those values.

Bless your heart, asking a woman "if she doesnt cook or clean what does she offer, sex?" is the douchiest comment I have seen all week, and I hear some douchey things. I say this from a small town in Texas, thank you very much, and advise you kindly shove your 1950's ideals up your *kitten*. In 2014 I aspire to be more than someone's housewife, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    bumping, just so I can watch the ensuing hilarity.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    I meet lots of women, but it's never the right person at the right time. I have certain standards like in school or college degree, into some type of fitness, open minded, that I haven't budged on.

As seen by some posts, some people see 4 years of voluntarily being single as me having a problem. If I go in relationship for a few months, then women will see me as desirable and won't be seen as stale meat anymore.

I'm habitually single (are we allowed to slap people when they ask HOW AREN'T YOU MARRIED?!) I have standards as well, and I tend to not budge much either, hey I'm only 25 I am allowed to be picky! I feel like you shouldn't ever lower your stands on things like education and well being, I can't date someone I cannot converse with, besides intelligence is sexy! If you have things like "must be 5'4' and 12 pounds and a rockin body", time to reevaluate, you might meet a chubby girl with the potential to be 'the one' but you are too close-minded to see past that, and understand that weight can be lost.

Thanks for serving your country (if that bit is true) and good luck on your search!

ETA: I hate laundry just as much as the next person, soooo if that's a requirement, ditch it. No one LIKES laundry

i dont think theres anything wrong with wanting someone with a rockin body. if thats what you want, and you lower your standards thats settling. i get it, some people dont care and the "inner beauty is what matters. most guys arent in greek god shape either.

I WANT someone with a rockin body too, but I also understand that there's a rockin body underneath a layer of fat if people want to work at it. I was only suggesting, that maybe he look at that as a malleable 'requirement' people gain and lose weight all the time, if he finds someone who is perfect, but is currently overweight, yet going to the gym and eating right to correct that, he shouldn't wash his hands of her.

Also, you're the guy who insinuated that all a woman has to offer is laundry, cooking and sex. So I basically take everything you say with an entire gallon of salt, not just a single grain

thats not what i was saying, i know they offer other things. not triyng to be rude, its simply my preference. im from a small town, want someone with those values.

Bless your heart, asking a woman "if she doesnt cook or clean what does she offer, sex?" is the douchiest comment I have seen all week, and I hear some douchey things. I say this from a small town in Texas, thank you very much, and advise you kindly shove your 1950's ideals up your *kitten*. In 2014 I aspire to be more than someone's housewife, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen

wow, you mad? youre a perfect example of why i dont need a GF. good luck with your pant suit wearing goals of 2014.
  • lindsaylove07
    Options
    It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself, stop spending valentines day alone... etc.

TROLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I've been sucked in! Damnit, I KNOW they're trolling, but I can't help myself when there are such douchey comments being thrown about!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    if she doesnt cook or clean what does she offer, sex? not trying to be rude at all, but we have guy friends to hang out with. personally id like a more traditional wife. probably why im single i guess. that and i havent been on a date in years.

I'm sensing a pattern here among the unhappily single men...but they wont' see it, of course. They're so trapped in their "women are merely creatures of service to me" heads that they can't even conceive that it might be them and not the world's fault.

Whoa there! Don't be lumping me into that bracket. My mother taught me to look after myself when I was 15 and I've been doing so ever since. My house is spotless!
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    I don't think it's about settling, I think your attitude changes. 2 years ago was very anti relationships, now i am happy being single but also more than open to the idea if i do meet someone who i find cute, funny etc and sees the same in me to give a relationship a chance which i don't think i would have done 24 months ago.
  • lindsaylove07
    Options

wow, you mad? youre a perfect example of why i dont need a GF. good luck with your pant suit wearing goals of 2014.

I'm not mad in the least, I just think you're a giant *kitten*. Do you require your 'women' to constantly wear dresses and ask for your permission?
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    if she doesnt cook or clean what does she offer, sex? not trying to be rude at all, but we have guy friends to hang out with. personally id like a more traditional wife. probably why im single i guess. that and i havent been on a date in years.

I'm sensing a pattern here among the unhappily single men...but they wont' see it, of course. They're so trapped in their "women are merely creatures of service to me" heads that they can't even conceive that it might be them and not the world's fault.

Whoa there! Don't be lumping me into that bracket. My mother taught me to look after myself when I was 15 and I've been doing so ever since. My house is spotless!

so is mine, and i know how to cook. own my home, truck, and boat, stable job. and yes id like a 1950's style wife. sorry, i guess thats a crime now.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    most guys arent in greek god shape either.

my Mr. has a big gut and the some of the worst eating habits i've ever seen. don't care. his personality and intelligence (and skillz, not gonna lie) are what does it for me. so, not settling. :yawn:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    This thread
    jimmies-6-knowyourmeme.png
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    most guys arent in greek god shape either.

my Mr. has a big gut and the some of the worst eating habits i've ever seen. don't care. his personality and intelligence (and skillz, not gonna lie) are what does it for me. so, not settling. :yawn:

are you in incredible shape? just wondering. if i was a little out of shape it probably wouldnt matter to me a lot. i just dont think i can be physically attracted to someone that isnt fit.
  • ctatchuan
    Options
    I've been single for 4 years. At no point is it acceptable for me to lower my standards just to be in a relationship. I don't need a man to make me whole.

If you think some woman is going to do your laundry for you or be your chef you have the wrong attitude about relationships. There's more to people than looks and money, so my guess is maybe you need to work on other aspects of your life.

What she said ^ ^

I dont feel the need to lower what I consider to be normal standards just to be in a relationship that's only halfway there
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it........
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I hate being single, hate it. But I'll take being single over settling any day.
  • Christi132
    Christi132 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I feel that the older you are the more selective you become and settling is never an option... but I'm single so perhaps my reasoning is flawed. :wink:
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    I hate being single, hate it. But I'll take being single over settling any day.

do you cook?
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I think we all can identify with you. Most people do settle. I know most women don't get the prince they dream of all their lives. Most marriages today end in divorce and marriage is not really necessary today. Women make as much as men and don't need men to provide for them. Oh, a few women do I guess.

But I don't think you should settle. I think you should have real feelings for the person. It doesn't have to be a grand love with lots of passion. That stuff dies anyway after awhile. Just find someone you admire and enjoy being with and hopefully someone you're attracted to physically. Then take your time.

There's no age that's "the" age to settle down. I know it's lonely when you're alone. But most people are alone a good part of their lives. Learn to enjoy being on your own and someone will happen along.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    youll know its right when you find the right person
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I've been single 7 years. I'm also successful and happy. Yes, some adult company would be nice at times and I do have a couple of guy friends but nothing has gone farther than friendship and so what?

It's WAY better to be single and mostly happy than to be in a relationship and be miserable (and I see a lot of those around).

I'm just going to do my thing and live my life and if it happens, it happens, if not, I'm content on my own. :happy:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    so is mine, and i know how to cook. own my home, truck, and boat, stable job. and yes id like a 1950's style wife. sorry, i guess thats a crime now.

Then I certainly hope you're offering to do your 1950's bit by being the sole breadwinner. I see nothing criminal about one spouse working and the other spouse taking care of the household duties. But when both have full-time jobs, the chores should be equally shared.