Replies

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    any fellow metal head wanting to add a freind by all means hit me
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    My very first concert was Megadeath. My husband's dad took him to the Metallica/Guns N Roses show in LA for his 12th birthday. A few less well known groups I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Adema
    Un Loco
    Ill Nino
    Flaw
    Sevendust
    40 Below Summer
    Amorphis
    From Zero
    No One
    Nonpoint

Most recent concert was Coal Chamber and Sevendust co-headlining. A group called Stolen Babies opened for them, really liked them as well, think heavy metal gypsy rock, it was interesting, but it worked.
  • vinny76063
    vinny76063 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Seeing this thread makes me realize I need to get my butt back out there, haven't been to a good concert in a long time!!! My favorite one so far was back in 2001 here in Dallas, TX at the Pledge Of Allegience Tour with American head charge, Mudvayne, headlined with System Of A Down & Slipknot!!!!!
  • noos2mee2
    noos2mee2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Metal, especially 80s metal! I will add you!
  • dellybellyandbum
    dellybellyandbum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Rocker here...feel free to add...and keep up the good work...chat anytime!:devil:
  • LuvsToSpin
    LuvsToSpin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Rocker here! I love 80's hair metal, but I also love today's rock. Give me some Avenged Sevenfold, Papa Roach, Buckcherry and I'm powering through a workout. Heck, I listen to that even when I'm not working out! It does surprise people when they find out I like hard rock & metal. Not really sure what they thought I liked.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am with you, I need the screaming to keep me pumped! I love running to alternative, punk, and metal music.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    In This Moment
    Straight Line Stitch
    NonPoint
    Sevendust
    Chevelle
    5FDP
    Autreyu
    Bullet for my Valentine

Started my love with Hair Metal too!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Love metal. Here are a few of my favs:

Killswitch
    Shadows Fall
    August Burns Red
    Underoath
    As I lay Dying

You guys should also check out my buddy's band Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. Crazy metal band with a southern sound to it.

FINALLY! Why did no one else post these bands?! I'd like to akso add All That Remains (but not the new album--yuck), Trivium (my favorite), Atreyu, and Unearth.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well I'm more old-school metal, but I can always appreciate good music. :smokin:
  • aeribus
    aeribus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Any musicians among us?

Ibanez 7 string guitar and an Ibanez 5 string bass. A couple of other 4 string basses too.
    One thing I've noticed with metal fans is that LOADS of them play guitar or drums as opposed to fans of other music genres. I could be wrong, but most metalheads I know have a pick in their wallet. I've always got a Jazz III on me!

I carry a Fender Medium, Dunlop .96mm, Dunlop 1.14mm, and 2x Dunlop 2.0mm at any given time.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    nope.... it's all classical, easy listening and country for me.....elton john singing tiny dancer....gets me every time....\m/
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Huge metal fan here!!!!

Some of my favourites are Trivium, Killswitch, Turisas, Sabaton, Parkway Drive, Soilwork, Maiden, Before the Dawn, Glamour of the kill, In Flames and Rise to Remain :happy:

I'm also currently going through a bit of a Visual Kei phase :laugh: So Dir En Grey and Girugamesh have been featured on my workout playlists a lot recently :laugh:

Anyway, anyone is free to a me! I'd love more metalheads on my friends list! :bigsmile:
  • dpwdash
    dpwdash Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love all types of music but during the sweat I am out ther with Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Opeth, Corrosion of COnformity, Alice in Chains, Clutch, The Gathering, Sevendust, The Sisters of Mercy, Within Temptation, Epica, and more.
    My DH makes me great play list for runs based on beats per minutes and it helped getting me to the 12 minute mile during my first 10K this past fall.
  • tayortoeknee
    tayortoeknee Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love Dream Theater! I was happy to seen them on here..love themnpre and post James Labrie. But what a about Queensryche guys? Geoff Tate is amazing! Hurt is great. Saw Coheed and Cambria on here and they're definitely great. Adema im not sure about being metal but theyre lots of fun. So many more..some Deep Purple can compete (child in time mmm musicgasm) etc haha.

Wanted to add Epics and I am Ghost to my teeny list!
  • aeribus
    aeribus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just a short list of what's on my workout playlist:

Slipknot
    Chimaira
    Killswitch Engage
    We Were Gentlemen
    Suicide Silence
    Sepultura
    Fear Factory
    All That Remains
    and quite a bit more.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    This is the coolest thread I've seen on MFP! \m/
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Death
    Meshuggah
    Atheist
    Deicide
    Darkthrone
    Kreator
    The Dillinger Escape Plan
    Nile
    Black Sabbath
    Control Denied
    Cryptopsy
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh....forgot Times of Grace!!!!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Yep. Pantera, Megadeth, Acid Bath, Slipknot, Anthrax, Metallica (old stuff), mainly. :drinker: