Any Metal heads? :)

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! \m/ I wake up to Seek & Destroy every morning. 80's is best but I love some of the newer stuff too.

Back in the day....

Turn it up!!!!!!!!!

seek-and-destroy-fail-o.gif
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    In. Current top 3... Dillinger Escape, Cattle Decap, Trash Talk
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No love for Mastodon, Lamb of God, High on Fire, Cult of Luna, Gojira, etc?
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I also love Slipknot and Korn but I don't get to listen to them much anymore. Not very child appropriate.

Right there with you especially on not being child appropriate........ love some slipknot!!!!!

Meh... My kids made it to their teens without being scarred by "inappropriate language." My daughter turned out to be a rocker, likes both metal and punk. My son "appreciates" metal, but is one of those hippity-hoppers listening to that "rap music." But they are both "Unmatched, Untouched, Unscarred" by growing up with metal as a big part of their home life. :smokin: :drinker:

>:@K Censorship
    :laugh: :smokin:
    :devil: :devil: :devil:

"Sex and drugs and rock and roll; we'll all meet down at the crossroads. Sex and drugs and rock and roll; we'll tell the devil where he can go." ~TATTOOS~TITTIES~LIPSTICK~N~WHISKEY~TWIS­TED HIPPIE CHICKS~

Same here. I was pregnant with my daughter and saw Slipknot (LOL). And both of my kids grew up with their mama listening to metal in the car, in the home, etc...

My son (he's 19) heard a Korn song recently and he laughed and said "I remember you jamming that while taking me to preschool"

He's in college now, was in ROTC in HS and in soccer....now he's a super anime/metal head nerd. And my daughter isn't much different.
  • aeribus
    aeribus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just a short list of what's on my workout playlist:

Slipknot
    Chimaira
    Killswitch Engage
    We Were Gentlemen
    Suicide Silence
    Sepultura
    Fear Factory
    All That Remains
    and quite a bit more.

Gah! I forgot about Fear Factory! Love them! Sepultura is cool, too. Saw them with Ozzie and Type O. :happy:

Ministry, too. I love Ministry!

I saw Sepultura back in 2000 on the Tattoo the Earth tour. I also had a chance to meet and talk to Burton from Fear Factory a couple of times. Decent guy, takes the time to talk to fans instead of just blowing them off like some people do.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Just a short list of what's on my workout playlist:

Slipknot
    Chimaira
    Killswitch Engage
    We Were Gentlemen
    Suicide Silence
    Sepultura
    Fear Factory
    All That Remains
    and quite a bit more.

Gah! I forgot about Fear Factory! Love them! Sepultura is cool, too. Saw them with Ozzie and Type O. :happy:

Ministry, too. I love Ministry!

I saw Sepultura back in 2000 on the Tattoo the Earth tour. I also had a chance to meet and talk to Burton from Fear Factory a couple of times. Decent guy, takes the time to talk to fans instead of just blowing them off like some people do.

That's cool. I hate it when I meet someone from a band and they're douchey, so it's cool to hear positive stories about bands. :happy:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I also love Slipknot and Korn but I don't get to listen to them much anymore. Not very child appropriate.

Right there with you especially on not being child appropriate........ love some slipknot!!!!!

Meh... My kids made it to their teens without being scarred by "inappropriate language." My daughter turned out to be a rocker, likes both metal and punk. My son "appreciates" metal, but is one of those hippity-hoppers listening to that "rap music." But they are both "Unmatched, Untouched, Unscarred" by growing up with metal as a big part of their home life. :smokin: :drinker:

"Sex and drugs and rock and roll; we'll all meet down at the crossroads. Sex and drugs and rock and roll; we'll tell the devil where he can go." ~TATTOOS~TITTIES~LIPSTICK~N~WHISKEY~TWIS­TED HIPPIE CHICKS~

As an 8 year old girl my favorite movies were Rambo First Blood part II, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, and Hard to Kill. Most people would probably classify those as child inappropriate. I will admit to being severly demented, but its a good thing :devil:

I don't have kids, so I'm clearly really not qualified on this topic, but I would say if it is something you love, enjoy it with your kids and just have a talk with them about expectation while at home versus expectations while in public. Also would say KORN and several of the other bands mentioned deal with some really serious *kitten* in some of their music in a very direct way, and while those might not be discussions you want to have if your kid is five (probably won't understand most of the context at that age anyways), it could be a good thing to lead in to discussions as they grow older....
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOVE METAL! I've always got some Metallica in the rotation, but lately it's a lot of 5fdp, Pantera, Volbeat, All That Remains... stuff like that.
  • Pain_Train
    Options
    Metal-Horns-explosion.gif
  • rach3365
    rach3365 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Any one taken there heart rate monitor into a mosh pit and seen how many cals you burned? I've always wanted to do that.
  • aeribus
    aeribus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Based on some of the pits I've been in, I'd probably break the damn thing.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

As an 8 year old girl my favorite movies were Rambo First Blood part II, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, and Hard to Kill. Most people would probably classify those as child inappropriate. I will admit to being severly demented, but its a good thing :devil:

I don't have kids, so I'm clearly really not qualified on this topic, but I would say if it is something you love, enjoy it with your kids and just have a talk with them about expectation while at home versus expectations while in public. Also would say KORN and several of the other bands mentioned deal with some really serious *kitten* in some of their music in a very direct way, and while those might not be discussions you want to have if your kid is five (probably won't understand most of the context at that age anyways), it could be a good thing to lead in to discussions as they grow older....

I have a 2.5 year old and don't listen to metal with her. The main reason I don't is due to the fact that she's ALL about the Wheels on the Bus and If You're Happy and You Know It. She also likes Kings of Leon, Florence and the Machine, and Irish drinking songs, so, she's still cool, in my book.

However, the last thing I want to do is explain the lyrics of "Good Friends and a Bottle of Pills" to her (one of my favorite Pantera "songs"), and definitely won't be exposing her to Acid Bath, for a LONG time, if ever. Acid Bath helped ME deal with some bad things, in my life, but there's no reason to expose her to such dark, violent lyrics, at this point...or before she hits her late teens. (http://www.darklyrics.com/a/acidbath.html)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Me.
  • ChaelaMonstah
    ChaelaMonstah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    *Waves* Nothing better than working out to some Cradle of Filth or Children of Bodom! :)
  • Anisvil
    Options
    LOL! I thought I was the only one to run and train to thrash metal! I listen to meal bands from my home country mostly :)
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Based on some of the pits I've been in, I'd probably break the damn thing.

Mosh pits aren't what they used to be...chairs and regulations, etc.

I'm old. I sit in the stands, now. Of course, I've seen most of the metal bands that I wanted to see--moshed and crowd-surfed myself silly. I am now working on seeing some other, more relaxing stuff, like Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Buffet, for example.
  • Tammer81
    Tammer81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm into black metal and Satanic death metal (e.g. pre-millenium Morbid Angel, Immolation etc., no silly blood & guts stuff) and am actually something of an élitist, so much so that I not only felt compelled to accent the 'e', but have actually run into trouble on /r/blackmetal for my strenuous objections to the hipster coöptation of aforementioned art form. Nonetheless, as this is the last place it would occur to me to even discuss music, please feel free to add me; not only will you find my status updates interesting and inspiring, I'm wearing a Mayhem shirt in my profile picture to boot, in a work I like to call 'Monday Morning Mayhem'…
  • babaesh
    babaesh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has Fear Factory been named??? Type O Negative?

Edited: Haha, yes, I see they have. FF is my 7 year old sons favorite band. We are raising him right.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

:drinker:

Yeah, when they are little, they don't understand any of it really. It was "Mom's music" that makes her dance silly. :laugh:

We have had TONS of conversations over the years with the kiddos on behavior/expectations at home versus in public. They are awesome kids. We definitely raised them a little differently, but it works for us. :smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    <snip>
    Same here. I was pregnant with my daughter and saw Slipknot (LOL). And both of my kids grew up with their mama listening to metal in the car, in the home, etc...

My son (he's 19) heard a Korn song recently and he laughed and said "I remember you jamming that while taking me to preschool"

He's in college now, was in ROTC in HS and in soccer....now he's a super anime/metal head nerd. And my daughter isn't much different.

Awesome! Rock on! :smokin: