Cheat Day To Break Plateau

Options
12346»

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    A lot of people lose weight safely with starvation diets. Christian Bale dropped 50 pounds over the course of a few months eating just a can of tuna and an apple a day.

Really??? Who would want to do that..........!!!
  • nate92315
    nate92315 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A lot of people lose weight safely with starvation diets. Christian Bale dropped 50 pounds over the course of a few months eating just a can of tuna and an apple a day.

Really??? Who would want to do that..........!!!

People who want to lose weight?
  • nate92315
    Options
    I feel that with weight loss as with most other things in life, we should question everything. You people have some adamant opinions about weight loss. Most of you formed these opinions from things you read online or heard by word of mouth. The fact is all these theories are unproven, the only way to truly know is to test it yourself. You're all nice people and i appreciate the people who go out of their way to help others here, but what sets me apart from you is I am actually testing these weight loss theories. You say starvation diets won't result in consistent weight loss, well i doubt you have ever put your opinion to the test. You put your faith in some unsubstantiated thought you heard from a peer. I'll record my results and eventually put your weight loss theories to the test as well. My point is don't swallow and follow. Question everything and perform your own tests. There is a lot of nonsense out there.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Just skirting around the low calorie question; the OP asked whether a cheat day would "help". I've had it help when I've been hovering around the same weight for some time.
  • nate92315
    Options
    Just skirting around the low calorie question; the OP asked whether a cheat day would "help". I've had it help when I've been hovering around the same weight for some time.

Thank you. That's mainly what I was trying to figure out with this post.
  • nate92315
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, you won't lose constantly.. that being said a plateau is more like 2-3 months of no movement, not a week.. Get a digital food scale, measure your food, find your TDEE (do a search if your not sure what that is) subtract 20% from that number, and eat that..

I vote no on a cheat day for you.. the 10 lbs was water weight, you eat a big excessive calorie meal/day and that 10 will be right back.

If i'm in the second week of a plateau why would i stand idly by for 2-3 months as opposed to making a change and nipping it in the bud?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Well I've been eating under 600 calories daily for the last two weeks. Maybe if I eat a normal amount of calories for a few days my body will start metabolizing fat.

600 calories/day is (literally) concentration camp rations.

If you were truly eating under 600 calories/day, you would be losing weight, no matter what.
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I used to do this too. But why not if you are going to binge...binge out on exercise? We always think of food first for rewards and such.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I used to do this too. But why not if you are going to binge...binge out on exercise? We always think of food first for rewards and such.

Yes, because exercise bulimia is exactly what this poster (and all the lurkers out there reading this and thinking it's a good idea) needs to add to his routine.

No.