What did you sacrifice to get your workouts in?

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    My life is too important to sacrifice anything. Unless sacrificing bad habits counts! I w/o very early in the morning, so I don't take time away from my family.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Leisure time and, for now, sleep. I have to get up at 07:30 every morning to get my walk in before work because I picked up a second job for a bit. And that second job means very reduced TV/video game time (about 2 hours a night for only 3 days a week, and none on the other 4). Would be longer, but I go to the gym those 3x days as well, and want to leave enough time for a full night's sleep on those days, since I don't get 8 hours the rest of the week.

But normally I don't have to sacrifice anything when I am only working 1x job. I have plenty of time for work, sleep, leisure and my walks and the gym, in addition to cooking.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Sleep, time with family, household chores, and time for myself to just relax. Still trying to get the rest of the family to realize that if Mommy's working out, she's not _________ (doing your laundry, vacuuming, packing the lunches, cleaning the bathrooms, etc) and that they need to pitch in a little bit to make things run smoothly.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Exercise is central to my life.

Ditto.
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The fat around my waist and thighs :bigsmile: oh yea and my lunch hour
  • Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Future_Mrs_Philipp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I really don't sacrifice anything... I workout six days a week... watch everything that I eat because I know once I hit my end goal I will be happier than I have ever been! I am ready to be that success story so I look forward to going to the gym and eating healthy!!
  • carlaj12
    Options
    I sacrificed time with "friends" who were not really friends at all. I always invite these old "friends" to join me for a Yoga or Spin class instead of sitting in their kitchen complaining about what clothes don't fit and eat everything in the cupboard. If their response is to call me anorexic/bulemic and criticize my efforts to keep myself in shape at age 50, then so be it. I was 172 pounds at age 47 and 130 now, not turning back for no one.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Good question... I don't know. The extra money for my baby to join the daycare, or the time in the morning when I could get house cleaning and laundry done? Idk... I'm a SAHM, so I guess I don't really look at it as sacrificing something- I'm gaining some ME time!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Reading, meditation
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    TV and time with my husband. :(
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Beer on work nights. I wake up at 4 am to workout and if I had beer the night before there would be no way I was waking up for a work out. This has actually helped me hit my macros easier though

This too! :drinker:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    The fat around my waist and thighs :bigsmile:

This!!

But also sleep...glorious sleep...
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I sacrifice sleep.
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Work. I don't allow my colleagues in different time zones to schedule meetings with me before 8AM so that I can work out. I don't think I've missed anything important yet!
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    I thought about this for quite a while (30 seconds which in my mind is a very very long time) and I sacrificed not a damn thing.

for realz!

We do have to shift schedules around a bit since my partner and I must work out together (it's our connecting time) and we are both career individuals with busy schedules, plus there's a child in the mix to add to that...

but I didn't sacrifice sleep, I didn't sacrifice my career nor my life...in fact I've enhanced my life...

by the millions...

if I really sat down and thought hard about what I would probably be doing with my time was i not at the gym, I guess I would be watching TV which is funny, since I never turn on the TV. so sacrifice? not a chance.

not one bit.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Sleep: early to bed and earlier to rise :wink:
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    cleaning+my+house,+and+laundry,+and+TV+programs....Really+not+much%2
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    The *kitten* print that used to be on my couch cushion.

That would make a great fitspiration! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1128928-mfp-fitspiration
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Sleep! 30 minutes... so 45 less minutes of sleep
    Heck I wish I had time for TV