Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I for one appreciate a carefully crafted thread turn

Shhhh, we're not quite at derail status yet. Wait for it....wait for it

The anticipation is killing me...

Damnit, niner ruined it. Might be out of luck.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I for one appreciate a carefully crafted thread turn

Shhhh, we're not quite at derail status yet. Wait for it....wait for it

The anticipation is killing me...

Damnit, niner ruined it. Might be out of luck.

*rage quits*
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Awesome incentive, you can use it to buy the new wardrobe you'll surely need! Good luck!
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    So if you lose 42 lbs, you get over $1000??? Get at it girl.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    My guess is Jerry is eating at a deficit and is clinging on to the hope that he actually is gaining muscle while on said deficit. All the while, the reason why he believes this is because his muscles are becoming easier to SEE because he is losing FAT on the DEFICIT.

i do see where i quoted the wrong person and for that i apologize but she did still say

Clearly. And the fact that I've been stuffing my face and eating over maintenance since September in an effort to put on a teensy bit of muscle....well, clearly I've been wasting my time amirite?

but no mention if she was doing any exercise. sorry i dont profile creep on every single person on this site. i have more important things like misquoting people.

and no, i do not believe anything you attributed to me. im eating a deficit to lose weight. im a fairly big guy as it is (broad shoulders and all). could care less about how much i bench or how my muscles look
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options
    My guess is Jerry is eating at a deficit and is clinging on to the hope that he actually is gaining muscle while on said deficit. All the while, the reason why he believes this is because his muscles are becoming easier to SEE because he is losing FAT on the DEFICIT.

i do see where i quoted the wrong person and for that i apologize but she did still say

Clearly. And the fact that I've been stuffing my face and eating over maintenance since September in an effort to put on a teensy bit of muscle....well, clearly I've been wasting my time amirite?

but no mention if she was doing any exercise. sorry i dont profile creep on every single person on this site. i have more important things like misquoting people.

and no, i do not believe anything you attributed to me. im eating a deficit to lose weight. im a fairly big guy as it is (broad shoulders and all). could care less about how much i bench or how my muscles look

That's fine, I would still appreciate if you would stop spreading misinformation about muscle gain and calorie deficit. Clearly we have put more thought into building muscle than you have, and as such we know the reality of it.

yes, clearly you have (note sarcasm)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options
    if you could see me youd see me doing a golf clap
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Whatever happened to the good ole fashion way of yelling at your partner and threatening to leave if they don't lose weight?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    who in the hell is anyone to judge how to motivate someone. everyone is different in what they respond to. if she feels she will be motivated more to keep on track by a promise her husband made then so be it. and while most marriages the money is equal im getting the feeling the money he pays her is hers to do with as she wishes, not something that they have to sit down and figure out finances to see if it is feasible.

and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion
    umm...NO

Ummm, yes men do pay for sex. You go out on dates and the man pays, he is paying for what he is going to get at some point later.

Marriage is the oldest form of prostitution.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    If my husband made me this offer I would think he was implying rescinding the regular cash flow he provides me with and would feel like I was being grounded for being fat. And then having to earn back a fraction of my regular spends? Heck no.

This is very irrational and immature thinking.

I am glad my husband and I have our own bank accounts and only a joint account for household bills and necessities.

Good grief, the level of sensitivity shown by women is immature and rather pathetic.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    who in the hell is anyone to judge how to motivate someone. everyone is different in what they respond to. if she feels she will be motivated more to keep on track by a promise her husband made then so be it. and while most marriages the money is equal im getting the feeling the money he pays her is hers to do with as she wishes, not something that they have to sit down and figure out finances to see if it is feasible.

and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion
    umm...NO

Ummm, yes men do pay for sex. You go out on dates and the man pays, he is paying for what he is going to get at some point later.

Come, join us in 2014 where women often pay for dates and adding a teabag to hot water doesn't change the water's chemistry.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options
    using the word teabag may take this in a WHOLE nother direction :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Maybe that's what men are paying for ...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

umm...NO

So if I make more money than my husband that means HE's the prostitute, right?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

umm...NO

:noway:

just because he is paying for the meal, does not mean he is paying for sex.
    you do all men a discredit when you make a statement like that.

When I treat my kids to dairy queen... am I paying them to behave? no - I'm paying for a treat for them to show them that I care for them and am appreciating them right now. I am showing them that I love spending time with them. I'm not buying their affection.

If I go out on a date, and I pay, I'm not paying for future sex. I'm saying "hey, I like you and I value the time we spend together... here, you take it easy and let me treat". I am assuming that the reverse would be true.

If sex happens, it's because we both want it. Not because it's an owed responsibility because he 'paid for it'.

Jeeze.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

I was going to Google Image Teabag, and post some kind of image. Then, I thought better of it.

Would be nice to see this thread derail in some direction, and stick to it. Anything but the original intent.