my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

When I treat my kids to dairy queen... am I paying them to behave? no - I'm paying for a treat for them to show them that I care for them and am appreciating them right now. I am showing them that I love spending time with them. I'm not buying their affection.

But Dairy Queen is bad, right? The sugar, and ice cream, and calories and everything? :noway:
  • comingsize12
    comingsize12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good idea. Maybe I'll give it a try
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would love for someone to pay me to lose weight, $100 for 10 pounds? Shiiiti! Wouldn't work for my husband though since we share our money, I do find it a little weird having a husband pay a wife when it's supposed to be her money anyways LOL
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    who in the hell is anyone to judge how to motivate someone. everyone is different in what they respond to. if she feels she will be motivated more to keep on track by a promise her husband made then so be it. and while most marriages the money is equal im getting the feeling the money he pays her is hers to do with as she wishes, not something that they have to sit down and figure out finances to see if it is feasible.

and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion
    umm...NO

Ummm, yes men do pay for sex. You go out on dates and the man pays, he is paying for what he is going to get at some point later.

Marriage is the oldest form of prostitution.

So if I make more money than my husband that means HE's the prostitute, right?

men are classier and prefer to be called gigolos :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    who in the hell is anyone to judge how to motivate someone. everyone is different in what they respond to. if she feels she will be motivated more to keep on track by a promise her husband made then so be it. and while most marriages the money is equal im getting the feeling the money he pays her is hers to do with as she wishes, not something that they have to sit down and figure out finances to see if it is feasible.

and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion
    umm...NO

Ummm, yes men do pay for sex. You go out on dates and the man pays, he is paying for what he is going to get at some point later.

:noway:

just because he is paying for the meal, does not mean he is paying for sex.
    you do all men a discredit when you make a statement like that.

When I treat my kids to dairy queen... am I paying them to behave? no - I'm paying for a treat for them to show them that I care for them and am appreciating them right now. I am showing them that I love spending time with them. I'm not buying their affection.

If I go out on a date, and I pay, I'm not paying for future sex. I'm saying "hey, I like you and I value the time we spend together... here, you take it easy and let me treat". I am assuming that the reverse would be true.

If sex happens, it's because we both want it. Not because it's an owed responsibility because he 'paid for it'.

Jeeze.

Crazy talk. Women don't want or enjoy sex.
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    Wow that's awesome. I wish something like that would motivate me but it doesn't lol. My bf said he will give me money to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe if I lost all my weight. My dad even said he'd give me $1g to go shopping for new cloths but that was way back in hs (like over 10 years ago) and still nothing.

In order for me to lose weight, I need to want it I learned. I'm working on it now that's for sure.

Good luck! That sounds like fun winning money while losing lol!
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just want to know how to get on the payroll.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yeah......your husband is paying me too - - but not to lose weight.
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm down with this incentive!
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

Nope, I agree.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have kind of a similar set-up - only mine is my retro-pay from last year. In the next 11 months, I have to hit a certain goal or my retro-pay goes to paying down our home improvement loan. If I meet it, I get to that money for a whole new wardrobe!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My hubby gave me a great incentive to lose weight. He said he would pay me for every pound i lost. 1-10 pounds $10 a pound. 11-20 pounds $15 a pound..21-30 pounds $20 a pound. Anything over 30 pounds $25 a pound. I need to lose 42 pounds. Gained the majority of the weight when i quit smoking. I can do this !!!'
    He knows you better than anyone here, so if that works to keep you in the game, then good luck. Different things inspire people to try to achieve a goal. For some it's money, for some it's new clothes, for some it's being able to physically keep playing sports (me).

You know it hurts to agree, but Niner's got it. After I already started adding workouts to my weight loss, my husband said that once I master push-ups, we'd work on chin-ups together. I took it as an "Atta Girl, Go Get It", not as a slight against my commitment or capabilities.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm just happy that my husband supports me, verbally and physically. I'm happy with that.

But any support at all..is always good. Good luck to you~
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options

umm...NO

:noway:

just because he is paying for the meal, does not mean he is paying for sex.
    you do all men a discredit when you make a statement like that.

If I go out on a date, and I pay, I'm not paying for future sex. I'm saying "hey, I like you and I value the time we spend together... here, you take it easy and let me treat". I am assuming that the reverse would be true.

If sex happens, it's because we both want it. Not because it's an owed responsibility because he 'paid for it'.

Jeeze.

Crazy talk. Women don't want or enjoy sex.

We don't?
  • jchadden42
    Options

I do too. I'm in it for me!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have to agree with the negatives out there. I am glad you are excited about it, but I would be pissed at my boyfriend if he offered this. Maybe not a first because my competitive side would probably kick in...but ultimately I would feel sort of deflated by his attitude. I am very lucky that my man adopts most of the things I do as far as a diet plan...he's been dragged with me on clean eating cleanses, juice fasts and healthy cooking again and again. He doesn't really need to do it, but as I do most of the cooking these days, he doesn't complain. I feel much more supported by this. I'd ask your man to put his...mouth where his money is??? start walking the walk with you.

Again, to each there own. I don't judge what motivates you, I just hope all the intentions are of the very best nature in this situation.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

But Dairy Queen is bad, right? The sugar, and ice cream, and calories and everything? :noway:

NOOOOOOOOO!
    017057585c00477b9dcdbf88f9b28ae6@2x.gif

Dairy Queen is delicious. It is a treat. It is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE on occasion. mmmmmm DQ

Oh lord, I could use some DQ right now! :-D
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    he's been dragged with me on clean eating cleanses, juice fasts and healthy cooking again and again.

OK, now do we have the tools to permanently derail this thread?
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options

I agree.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Really? First of all, when you're married it should be joint funds. Second, you will need at least that just to buy a new wardrobe.

Who says it has to be joint funds??? YOU? Who are you??

My husband and I have our own accounts and a joint account merely for paying household bills. We enjoy being able to solely control the money that we make on our own.