my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• A.men! :glasses:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I find this just a little odd, because his money is my money and I would love for him to tell me any differently.

However, I think any incentive that works for you, is good.

My hubby and I agreed on one incentive. I have always had nice boobs. After giving birth to our daughter and nursing, they aren't as perkier, but they are still freaking awesome. I have lost half of the weight I want to lose. If I lose the other half and my boobs aren't as awesome as they once were, I will be getting a boob job. However, I would not view this as him paying me for my effort. That money in our account is our money. Not just his to give to me when he wants or feels I deserve it.

So if you lose your weight, your husband has given you permission to use your shared money to buy new boobs. This is no different than the OPs husband giving her money to lose weight, that she can use on whatever she wants.

For that matter, why should my hubby and I ever buy each other Christmas or birthday gifts? He is just using MY money to buy me a gift. Does that negate the thought behind the gift, when he buys it with OUR shared money? No.

Sure couples share money in the account. But they both have to use that money responsibly. To be given money to blow on something completely selfish is a great incentive. If it works for the OP, then more power to them.

Nothing creepy about it at all. This thread just shows how easily people can turn anything into a bad thing. Lighten up!

ETA- My comments are directed at everyone who is bashing the OP's incentive. It is not directed personally at the person whom I quoted. That was just used as an example. :flowerforyou:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

You are ... not very smart.

^^ This remark made by a person who thinks she can only lose weight by eating 500-700 cals per day and working out at least 5 days a week. Pot, meet Kettle.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how people think this is creepy. I mean, if they weren't together and MARRIED it would be a little different.

He's supportive and motivating. And just because gender roles come into play, it's found to be 'creepy'.

What if it was the other way around? She was paying him? No one would bat a lash at that.

Because its like paying your kid to go to school. Appalling.
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    my hubby paid for my gym membership which i have not used. :(
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how people think this is creepy. I mean, if they weren't together and MARRIED it would be a little different.

He's supportive and motivating. And just because gender roles come into play, it's found to be 'creepy'.

What if it was the other way around? She was paying him? No one would bat a lash at that.

all women pay for sex...errr wait...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You are ... not very smart.

^^ This remark made by a person who thinks she can only lose weight by eating 500-700 cals per day and working out at least 5 days a week. Pot, meet Kettle.
    You might want to work on your reading comprehension skills.

I don't THINK that. I KNOW that, based on three years of trial and error after getting Mirena and how my body reacted to it.
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

I am! Although the support is awesome, it almost means her being who she is right now isn't good enough. Plus isn't their money in one pot? My husband and I don't have, "my money", "your money"....it's all in one pot. Weird!!!!
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    if my boyfriend did this for me, I'd stop eating forever.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Is this thing really gonna roll?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Is this thing really gonna roll?

Drumroll please...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I would love it if someone would pay me to lose weight. But it would have to be someone other than my husband, because his money is already my money. Also, I think I might be a little insulted by the offer from him. It would seem like he's both saying I need to lose weight (something he's never said) and that he thinks I can't do it without the incentive.

But I'd love it if a stranger made the offer.

I'd love it if my work paid me extra when I lost weight, lol! Well, they do a annual health-thing, but instead of losing weight you points for taking web-based health courses, if you complete a walking challenge, and get a health screening that is offered on site (they check your weight, your sugar & iron, stuff like that) after you rack up points you can turn around and order gifts cards from thousands of retailers, restaurants, etc. We all look forward to it!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I would slap my husband if he tried to pay me to lose weight. That is somewhat demeaning in my opinion. I reward myself , I dont need any one else to reward me for what ive done with my body.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

Nope. I understand how it's motivating -- I do love money -- but it speaks to a power imbalance that makes me sort of side-eye.

That said, if the OP and her husband are happy with the arrangement, more power to them. :D
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Rolling?

First, beaches!!!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Rolling?

First, beaches!!!

:laugh: