Please dont wear perfumes to the gym

Replies

• kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Oh for Gods sake just let everyone work out the way they want to ...I pay my gym membership and will ware makeup or not and ware perfume or not.....you have way to much time on your hands if thats what you are worried about....
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Oh, and anyone that sprays Axe (snip) It's the worst smell in the world.

I take it you've never been around a burped colostomy bag.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member

Actually, I have. My dad has late stage colon cancer and has one. And I still think Axe is worse.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member

Actually, I have. My dad has late stage colon cancer and has one. And I still think Axe is worse.

My thoughts to you and your family.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    There should also be a ban on girls who wear makeup to the gym. Seriously, if you don't plan on sweating and ruining your perfectly applied mascara and caked on foundation, then get the hell out. There's no need to look cute when you're working out and you're taking up machines.

Waterproof mascara. Why wash my face before my workout? Its a waste of time.

And to further piss everybody off. I braid and knot my hair before my workout. My body heat during my workout sets it, so I have perfect curls walking OUT of the gym.

You can look fabulous at the gym, and still have a killer workout.

PS- the best time to give yourself a facial (exfoliate and extract) and/or use blackhead strips is after a vigorous workout.

DjinnMarie: Couldn't agree more.

For those who don't work out first thing in the morning, there's no reason for us to take off our make up before a work out just so people like you who get worked up over something as minor as wearing make up to the gym, can stop complaining.

If you are waking up and heading straight to the gym, then there's no reason to put on makeup. So if someone wakes up at 5AM, puts on make up, only to go to the gym and sweat it off, I think that's silly. But someone who wakes up, gets dolled up, goes to work, school, volunteer, whatever, and then goes to the gym later in the day, doesn't need to take off their makeup before their workout.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    There should also be a ban on girls who wear makeup to the gym. Seriously, if you don't plan on sweating and ruining your perfectly applied mascara and caked on foundation, then get the hell out. There's no need to look cute when you're working out and you're taking up machines.

Damnz, how 'bout you mind your own business and just focus on your workout? Gees.

^this!!!

I wonder why some people feel the need to have others cater to their needs. You don't like it, move to another machine. Some women go to the gym straight from work, get a grip.

^^THIS
  • Tricexrecharged
    Tricexrecharged Posts: 8 Member
    Axe seems to be every teenagers dream these days LOL
  • The gym is a place to workout. You sweat, you might not smell like daisies but hey you respect the workout. Nevermind how ya smell, working out makes you look sexy. :P

But...I have to yield when we talk about people who don't hit the showers AFTER the gym and bade into buckets of deodorant.
    Now that's an issue. Seriously.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    In to see what spawned its own revenge rant thread.
  • one of my sisters wears Thierry Mugler angel and that gives me a really bad headache to the point where I can't think straight and she'll spray it in my bedroom and I don't complain. so constant moaning about sprays and perfumes in a massive gym where the smell diffuses and you're not in an enclosed space and close proximity to the source of the smell is just pathetic if you ask me. Also, if you're going to the gym your obviously trying to get a fit/hot body right? so why not take the first step and make yourself look hot while you're getting fit? if you have a problem with people wearing make-up (even if it is running all over their face) either close your eyes or be grateful it's not you, because getting annoyed about it makes you look pathetic and jealous.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Not my fault you have inferior genetics. *sprays perfume and jumps through mist*
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    This makes me infinitely happy that I invested in home gym equipment. Not because of all the things that people are complaining about in this thread - but because in my gym, there is no judgment.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Yeah, this thread is 100% unfun. Lots of flailing about though. That's like virtual cardio.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    This makes me infinitely happy that I invested in home gym equipment. Not because of all the things that people are complaining about in this thread - but because in my gym, there is no judgment.

I have my own gym at home too...

...but management there is really critical of me...constantly judging my level of effort and results.

He...um, I mean, "they" also leave the bar loaded after workouts too.

:angry:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Perfume gives me (and many others) headaches. That being said, I don't really mind if someone is wearing it like a normal person. It's when someone walks by that smells as though they've just taken a bath in their perfume that really bothers me.

I think if I were at the gym and someone was wearing perfume, I would just move to a different area - no big deal.

I work out at home anyway. No judgement if I'm wearing makeup, on my attire, hair, or scent. :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    oh well this escalated quickly,dint it? LOL SOrry I missed all the replies. I just wanted to post it because their are a lot of new years resolutionists at the gym this time of year that don't know perfumes and colognes are not cool in gyms.

actually I don't know anyone under 60 who even wears the stuff anymore but whatevs. Just keep it out of the gym

KTHXBAI
  • umachanxo

actually I don't know anyone under 60 who even wears the stuff anymore but whatevs. Just keep it out of the gym

KTHXBAI

That was rather passive aggressive wasn't it.
    Lots of people under 60 wear perfume... ?
  • carrieous

the hell there aint! I tryna pick up some hot guys! and my makeup doesn't obstruct anyone's airways
  • carrieous

KTHXBAI

yes. and not really.
  • umachanxo

KTHXBAI

yes. and not really.

Not sure where you're from - but where I live a lot of younger women wear it. I personally don't (I'm allergic) - but when I worked in customer service it was mostly younger women (mid 20's - 30's) that would come in with the most on. And I always remembered because if it was strong enough, I'd have to go out back. :) I guess it all depends on where you live and the people in the city/town.