Please dont wear perfumes to the gym

Options

Replies

• nataschalouise
    Options
    I have a phobia of smelling bad, and bad smells in general and unfortunately I go to the gym after work, so I really couldn't deal with a no scent zone.

Why does nobody think about me and start wearing deodorant?

Really its personal choice, and if I can't make people wear deordorant, therefore nobody can stop me using perfume/deodorant/nice shampoos/ scented washing powder.

rofl......they did.....it's called Planet Fitness :laugh:

Really? We don't have one of them in Edinburgh!

In my gym we have coconut scented soap in the showers. It's amazing! :D Lots of nice scents!

I genuinely think I would have to cancel a membership if they told me to stop wearing scents, and banned everyone else from doing so. I couldn't hack it. I would be forced to build my own gym, and call it "Scent Zone Gym". Then all us perfume lovers/odour haters can get together and work out!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    There should also be a ban on girls who wear makeup to the gym. Seriously, if you don't plan on sweating and ruining your perfectly applied mascara and caked on foundation, then get the hell out. There's no need to look cute when you're working out and you're taking up machines.

It irritates me to no end when people judge women who wear makeup to the gym. It's their face. If they are in there working their butt off, who cares? Even if they ARENT working their butt off...its none of your business. They paid to be there just like you did. Just for the record, I wear makeup to the gym. I had a skin condition when I was a kid that left me with scarring and I've always been self conscious about it. Hate all you want, but I work a lot harder than some of the people that complain about it. My makeup didn't stop me from losing 60 pounds thank you.

haters.gif
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I didn't read what everyone else said. But I just want to say that I agree that its impossible to tell everyone to shower before going to the gym. There are smells everywhere. What is a problem is people spraying perfume on in the changing room. The smell often is so strong it gives me a headache when I walk in and it takes a few minutes once out of the smell to pass. I'm not the most sensitive person out there but that bothers me.
  • sillybeth84
    Options
    Its very irritating to people like me with asthma, and it doesn't make you smell any better when it mixes with your sweat.

Thank you.

AMEN! If I am huffing and puffing the last thing I need is to be overloaded with Axe. It is RUDE! Please be considerate!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    work out at home

/end thread
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    So many people wear perfume, deodorant etc. that can cause allergic reactions. To have to smell that crap when you are breathing hard at the gym is just wrong.

so you want a bunch of sweaty *kitten* dudes and girls to not wear deodorant…..ehhhh??????
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Its very irritating to people like me with asthma, and it doesn't make you smell any better when it mixes with your sweat.

Thank you.

AMEN! If I am huffing and puffing the last thing I need is to be overloaded with Axe. It is RUDE! Please be considerate!

meh - do what I do. Carry your inhaler. I can't stop people from doing what they're going to do. Dealing with minor irritants is part of living in society.
  • rella_1003
    rella_1003 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There should also be a ban on girls who wear makeup to the gym. Seriously, if you don't plan on sweating and ruining your perfectly applied mascara and caked on foundation, then get the hell out. There's no need to look cute when you're working out and you're taking up machines.

Just because YOU have issues looking like *kitten* because you don't know how to put your make up on- doesn't mean I have to. And just because you think make up = not working hard doesn't mean it's the case. I would challenge any girl who says that to come work out with me and then tell me I'm taking up space in my make up.

Enjoy your workout, enjoy your makeup, whatever floats your boat (unless your mascara is made from human blood, or something)...but no makeup =/= looking like *kitten*! (I hope not, anyway, or else I've been looking like **** 99% of the time :laugh: )

i think her point was that makeup running everywhere looks like *kitten*, and that if your make up is running, you're wearing it wrong. but I could be mistaken.

that actually wasn't my entire point- although yes- that was part of my point. I wear make up all the time. eveywhere- eye make up- I do BB cream when I feel motivated- I only wear full fake make up for extremely important meetings- big expensive dates or gigs (and mostly- that means gigs- several times a month).

1.) if your make up is running everwhere- yer doing it wrong.

2.) it doesn't matter if I chose to wear a bananan hammock to the gym and mardi gras make up- it doesn't affect you as long as I'm not sharing benches and or dont' wipe it down.

3.) most people who complain about women at the gym wearing make up- look ridiculous themselves and apparently have no self esteem to be bothered to clean up before they leave the house- over sized ripped up slappy *kitten* stained- gardening sweats. good for you- you are happy- living the dream. You still look like *kitten*. and no- no make up doesn't always mean looking like *kitten*- but some attention to your personal appearence isn't wrong.

I'm all about wearing comfortable clothing- but they should fit- and not look like they are your grease monkey clothing- and often times that's what happens. There are loads of acceptable clothign that fall somewhere in the middle between "i'm clearly dressed so people stare at my *kitten*" and "well these are what I had- so I'm going to wear them- even though it looks like I rolled around at pep boys for 20 min before I came here"

yes it's the gym- we are here to work- but that doesn't mean "give up" like mom's who say that "I had kids- so I gave up" you gave up what? putting on pants? I was unaware that clean well fitted pants were more difficult to put on thatn sweats- oh that difficult zipper and button at the top!!! how you defeat me daily!!!!!

ultimately haters going to hate. whatever- if you can't workout without sweating your face off- that's fine- but don't rag on me because I happen to look good. that's what's ignorant and annoying.

I agree with the main points of what your saying but some of it is quite subjective. How much attention do I need to pay to my personal appearance for me to appear not to look like an *kitten*? Do my eyebrows need to be freshly plucked, all my blemishes be covered etc?

Also, my idea of wearing something that fits and someone else's idea of wearing something that fits may be completely different. I don't like showing any obvious body contours at all due to my own personal beliefs so I prefer wearing oversized clothes but to someone else that may look like I've let myself go.

Some people just prefer wearing sweat pants as opposed to well fitted pants and vice versa. As long as we're not harming anyone who care's what people wear to the gym?
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hmph! I will continue buying my AWESOME bath and body works body sprays(not perfume, because I LOVE spraying more than once or twice) and wearing deodorant. And I don't go anywhere beforehand so I do it just to smell nice. AND if I were to feel like putting on make up, I would(although it would look rough afterwards cuz I sweat like a pig in the face area and get super red easily). Plus!!!!! I'm even going to continue wearing what I deem to be super cute outfits, because I lost weight, feel good about myself, and want to look and smell good. Even after my workout, and being drenched in sweat, I still smell good, via deodorant and perfume :bigsmile:

:drinker:
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a sign on the front door. I'm part of the 4am club and there are some guys that have actually made my eyes water. Plus it gives me a massive headache for the day.
  • californiabella
    Options

Im highly allergic to entitled whiners. But I dont expect or assume they are gong to change just for me.

love this :laugh:
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a sign on the front door. I'm part of the 4am club and there are some guys that have actually made my eyes water. Plus it gives me a massive headache for the day.

hjtd.gif.pagespeed.ce.CLnPvcSsSk.gif
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Why do you care what I look like when I work out? I kill the gym, 6 days a week. But I prefer to look good doing it. And yup, that means makeup and cute outfits. I sweat like crazy, and wear waterproof eye makeup. Never fails to boggle the mind why so many people care what others do. How about you worry about YOUR workout, and leave me to mine.
  • Tricexrecharged
    Tricexrecharged Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is soo funny to me as I sit here SMH. People we live in the "world" not a box and although some people perfumes can be overwhelming I can't take offense to their choice to wear it. I simply relocate to another machine. My poor son absolutely loves AXE- I think its all about the stupid commercials and he used so much one day that I woke up gagging. It was hilarious and eye watering all at the same time but I'm proud that my son thinks so much of his personal hygiene that he wants to smell extra good. luckily he uses so much that it runs out quickly and I don't replace it often. But really we can't say that the gym should be band of scented products because of your allergies. Most people that are highly allergic tend to stay home because the world just may kill them.
  • californiabella
    Options

hjtd.gif.pagespeed.ce.CLnPvcSsSk.gif

:laugh:
  • Tricexrecharged
    Tricexrecharged Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Why do you care what I look like when I work out? I kill the gym, 6 days a week. But I prefer to look good doing it. And yup, that means makeup and cute outfits. I sweat like crazy, and wear waterproof eye makeup. Never fails to boggle the mind why so many people care what others do. How about you worry about YOUR workout, and leave me to mine.

If that picture is a current reflection of you then girl I'm gonna wear some eye makeup and cute outfits to the gym too 6 days a week and hope that I end up looking like you! #HOT!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    UGH
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    sounds to me like so many of you are worrying about everything other than what you should be-YOUR WORKOUT!
    get over it-the world doesn't revolve around you and your sensitivities, allergeries etc. People do go to the gym AFTER work!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options

AMEN sista! This is why I work out at home-people
    are so f ing judgemental!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Oh, and anyone that sprays Axe instantly gives me a screaming headache. It's the worst smell in the world. But I can't expect people not to spray it. Except my son. I throw that **** out when he buys it. But as much as I hate it, I'm not entitled to demand that people not adhere to their own basic hygiene at the gym or elsewhere.

And I might even text between sets, just to piss off a whole other group of whiners ;)