*THANKSGIVING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE*

Options

Replies

• publife78
    Options
    I wake up already at 315am every day for work. I am in no way going to wake up at 2am to exercise. I am able to find time I guess the point of my question was to find new ways to motivate me to exercise.
    :)

For some reason I am unable to log into my account- this is my husbands account.

I am shamrock677
    (sarah)
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new Challengers!!! It's great to have so many supporters to help each other reach our Thanksgiving weight goals. For me, this is the most difficult time of year because I LOVE to bake, and Fall is definitely baking season! My hope is to get through this Challenge feeling strong so that I will able to get through the Christmas season without too much damage!! (No one loves a Christmas cookie more than me!!!!)

Hope everyone has a healthy weekend!
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Okay Challengers, I am NOT a computer techie, but I have been trying to figure out a way for all of you to see the spreadsheet I am keeping so you can see everyones progress too. I have had a blog site for several months, but quit using it when I became more active on this site. Anyway, I copied and pasted the spreadsheet onto a page of my site.... PLEASE let this work!!

Copy and paste the following address (because I dont know how to make it underlined so you just click on it!!) ....

http://jodiesjourney.webs.com/information.htm
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Okay Challengers, I am NOT a computer techie, but I have been trying to figure out a way for all of you to see the spreadsheet I am keeping so you can see everyones progress too. I have had a blog site for several months, but quit using it when I became more active on this site. Anyway, I copied and pasted the spreadsheet onto a page of my site.... PLEASE let this work!!

Copy and paste the following address (because I dont know how to make it underlined so you just click on it!!) ....

thats very cool! thanks for taking the time to create it!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

thats very cool! thanks for taking the time to create it!

That IS cool! Thanks for doing this.
  • leakejb
    Options
    I want to join.....is it too late?
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    yesterday i went 610 calories over my 1200 budget.......I have to explain about the mcflurry, I know it's not a good excuse, but I had a 13 min break at job. Worked from 4:30 pm til 10:15 pm. NOT COMPLAINNG AT ALL...we were slammed...they had me in several places throughout the day...drive thru taking both orders and cash...then a few hours later switched me from drive thru to taking orders in the lobby....then after a lil bit switched me back over to drive thru...me personally i prefer drive thru over ANYTHING ELSE there....I'M LOVING IT....LOL...so after i got off work, one of my friends wanted a mcflurry....SOOOOO I decided you know that sounds like a great way to end my day...lol...so i got snack size Reese's flurry.

Then, when I get home my buddy had BBQ and I just COULD NOT say no to that...lol....I didn't even bother counting...didn't bother measuring or ANYTHING...LOL...anyways i can just count this day as ONE of my cheat days....lol...AFTER ALL my cheat days is the weekend...lol

EXERCISE:

60 MINS WALKING
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join this challenge! Very few people on this planet know my actual weight so posting those numbers will be tough for me. But I have decided that I must.

I'm fairly new to this site (2 wks now) so I'll tell you all a little about me. I've struggled with my weight since I graduated high school. Nine years ago when my husband left I made the decision to start college. I was interested in nutrition because I reasoned that if I could learn all the ins and outs of nutrition then I could lose the weight myself and start to help others. So I spent many years working, attending college, juggling the duties of a single mom, and yo-yo-ing with my weight. I met my current husband my last year and a half of college (when I was in a weight loss trend), remarried, had another baby, graduated, and then interned for a year. Does my life sound like a roller coaster, or WHAT? ;)

So here I am today having met my Prince Charming, mom of two gorgeous boys, a BS in dietetics (post graduate internship behind me) and I am bigger than I have ever been in my life. And I can't claim that I don't know why or that I don't know how to get it off. So its a bit humbling to be on the cusp of becoming a registered dietitian (I'm studying like a DAWG for my registration exam right now) and I'm more than 100lbs overweight. So I made a conscious decision two weeks ago that I must walk the walk if I'm going to talk the talk. No more excuses.

A friend told me about this site months ago and I kept brushing it off. But now I am HOOKED! And sincerely impressed by the amazing people here!

I commit to work hard to lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving. I am also doing Dr. Oz's "Just 10 Pounds" challenge because I am only tackling 10 lbs at a time. Once I achieve 10 lbs, I will start over with another 10 lbs. It may sound crazy but it makes sense in my mind (what a frightening place!). :)

Here are my stats *deep breath* **GULP**:
    SW: 305 lbs
    CW: 300 lbs
    GW: 180 lbs
    Thanksgiving Challenge Weight: 285 lbs

Please forgive me for taking up so much space...and for talking so much! Feel free to add me as a friend....I can use a few more! :)
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Bayoubabie98..... first of all, welcome to MFP and the Thanksgiving Challenge! I applaud your courage to post your weight... I think thats something we have all struggled with when we joined.... I sure did! (I wont even tell my husband my weight!) Now I know its just a number..... I am worth soooo much more. Good luck on your journey!

Jodie
  • Ebth2306
    Options
    SO...that link didn't work for me. I am pretty much a tech person so if you want help let me know. Also, I might suggest you just post it to google docs, make it public (since there is no personal information in it....I know our weight is personal but our real names aren't in it) and then you can easily manipulate (works just like the excel sheet you are keeping now. If you want to try it but don't know how let me know. I am also happy to help keep up with it if you end up needing help with all the new people joining.

Just an idea....

Elizabeth
  • JodieHut
    Options
    SO...that link didn't work for me. I am pretty much a tech person so if you want help let me know. Also, I might suggest you just post it to google docs, make it public (since there is no personal information in it....I know our weight is personal but our real names aren't in it) and then you can easily manipulate (works just like the excel sheet you are keeping now. If you want to try it but don't know how let me know. I am also happy to help keep up with it if you end up needing help with all the new people joining.

Just an idea....

Elizabeth

Thanks... I may just take you up on your offer! I just finished moving the spreadsheet to a different page on my site because I keep getting a 'javascript' error.... whatever that is!!!! Anyways, until further notice, use the following link instead of the previously posted one. (Also, I will always have a link to it, wherever it ends up, on my profile.)

http://jodiesjourney.webs.com/challenge.htm
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Okay.... at your suggestion I have made a new spreadsheet in Google docs because my website just cant handle it!!! Someone please let me know this link works!!!! (I tried posting it on my profile and it wouldnt work!!!! Gotta love computers!) This link is only accessible by way of the link.... it is NOT open to the public.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjE-Gnl9yNrXdGk4X2k1cXZQYVlnQlFnY19DZ1JLekE&hl=en&authkey=COTci2A
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Okay.... at your suggestion I have made a new spreadsheet in Google docs because my website just cant handle it!!! Someone please let me know this link works!!!! (I tried posting it on my profile and it wouldnt work!!!! Gotta love computers!) This link is only accessible by way of the link.... it is NOT open to the public.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjE-Gnl9yNrXdGk4X2k1cXZQYVlnQlFnY19DZ1JLekE&hl=en&authkey=COTci2A

I got to it just fine. Hope the others can, too.
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Great, thanks for letting me know. And I was able to copy the link to my profile also. Sooooo..... now I just have to keep it updated!! I dont mind, it has been keeping me busy and NOT snacking like I normally would!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options

The link worked great for me (copied and paste).
  • fattyellis
    Options
    Thanks! the link worked for me.

Shall I change from kilos to pounds to keep it uniform?:smile:
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Thanks! the link worked for me.

Shall I change from kilos to pounds to keep it uniform?:smile:

That's up to you.... I'm okay with kilos! (It's a smaller number.... who wouldnt want that!!!)
  • vickyajones
    vickyajones Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! I just started the 30 Day Shred and it is a killer workout! My weights haven't arrived yet so I had to use cans of beans but I can still feel it.

I had a bad-ish weekend. Ate really good homemade Indian and Mexican at a party and consumed copious amounts of wine. Back on track today!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I had a pretty good weekend up until last night. They broke out the nuts and I, well, I guess I went a little nuts! LOL! No, it wasn't TOO bad but I know what the sodium is going to do to me so I'll be drinking extra water for a while!

Monday morning--a new week. Hope we all have a great one!

vickyajones--that homemade Indian and Mexican sounds SO good!
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So my weekend just wasn't as great as I would have hoped. Friday I went to the homecoming game I previously mentioned and I did okay with my calories. Then Saturday I just got lazy. . .couldn't make myself workout, other than we took our daughter to the park and then a friends' son's flag football game, so we walked around for a little bit. But then we got an invite to watch the KSU game at our friends' house and they made cheese dip and frito pies and I just couldn't turn them down! And to top it off I still couldn't make myself workout later that evening.

So, yesterday, I did Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, then took my daughter on a 4 mile walk which we finished in an hour. Then, after supper, my husband decided he would like to go on a walk, so we did another 2 miles on top of what I had done earlier. I did eat a lot better yesterday too.

So, I got up this morning and did 30 Day Shred. I think I'm just really going to have to work on getting up and getting it done. And I'm really looking forward to some nicer weather in the evenings, so maybe we can start taking more family walks.

Needless to say, although I usually weigh in Monday mornings, I just couldn't make myself do it, so I'll get it tomorrow morning and fingers-crossed it isn't too bad!!