Options

Replies

• JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Two more days til we start.... get your goals set and join!!!!! :happy:
  • nikkirhea1
    Options
    I am in with this and open for any suggestions. I am feeling good because I have lost 5 pounds since August 3rd and an inch in almost every area. I did my body fat and BMI today at the gym. I did not like what I saw but know I can do this. My sister asked me Saturday how much was I trying to lose and by when. I told her I wan tto lose 40-50 lbs and as long as it takes. I am in and ready for the challenge.
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Hope everyone is getting ready for the kick-off of this challenge in two days! I'm enjoying this day off from work getting my refrigerator cleaned out and then I'll be off to the grocery store for lots of healthy foods to fill it up! Fall is a great time for most of us.... the weather cools off so we get outdoors more.... most people are getting back to a routine with summer being over.... its easier to eat healthy with no more summer picnics and bbq's to attend..... and of course, we have the holidays right around the corner to give us a boost of motivation.

I will be weighing in on Tuesday and reporting here on Wednesday's with everyone. I havent weighed myself in several weeks because I have been struggling with my food, so I know I have put on a pound or two and I just havent wanted to face the scale. Tomorrow that all comes to an end.... I'm ready to get these pounds off! I'm not quite sure what my goal will be for this challenge.... I'm thinking either 20 or 25 pounds for the eleven weeks.

We need to think of this challenge as a holiday gift to ourselves. Also, there is no better gift we can give to our loved ones. I hope everyone will post often during the challenge to help support each other.

Take care, Jodie:smile:
  • JodieHut
    Options
    I cant wait to get this started tomorrow!!!!!!
  • fattyellis
    Options
    I am so ready!!!
  • DebraThompson
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with me today . I am def. in I love a good challenge !!!!
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I only started yesterday so it's great to have a short term goal to work towards. Is there a way to join the "group" other than just "replying"? Also I'm trying to make this realistic and do-able... How many weeks til Nov 24?
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Glad to have so many on board for this challenge! We will post all messages and replies right here on this thread so that no one misses out on anything. Tomorrow, Wed. 9/08, we will all post our Current Weight (if you are comfortable doing that) and our own personal goal for Thanksgiving --- only Eleven weeks!! ( I have also created a chart on my profile for easy tracking.)

I encourage everyone who is participating to stop by the thread several times a week and check in on each other. If you need a boost of motivation, let us know! Ideally, I hope we all get to know each other throughout this challenge, so feel free to let it all out here!! The whole purpose of this is to encourage each other and create accountability. As I said before.... I will come looking for you if you dont post! LOL :glasses: (And hopefully someone will come looking for me if I dont post!!)

I look forward to hearing from everyone tomorrow!
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Over the past 1 1/2 years I've taken on 40 pounds; however, in the past 3 to 4 months I have put 10 of those pounds back on. The Thanksgiving weight lost challenge sounds great to me, count me in.
  • dfast
    Options
    I'm in. I'm new to the site and groups but looking forward to checking in once a week :)
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm in!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    count me in as well...
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Oh pick me! Pick MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    I'm game!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm so in!! :)
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, excited to get this started.

Starting weight - 272
    Current weight- 272
    Goal weight - 247

Picked a 25 pound loss.. that's about 2 pounds a week, so as long as I stay the coarse, and I WILL. It should be doable. Jodie, I copied your chart for my page, hope you don't mind :) Thanks for this challenge.. getting me excited for the holidays and it is still 90 something degrees outside.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Starting weight - 208.4
    Current weight- 208.4
    Goal weight - 197.4

I get really upset and hard on myself when I dont make weight goals, so I set my bar at 1 pound a week for the next 11 weeks. However I am going to move my bar if I lose more than a pound in any given week. so it will always be the number of weeks to go times 1 pound from my current weight. I am excited to have something to keep me focused until thanksgiving.
  • shamrock677
    Options
    Starting weight 203.5
    Current weight 203.5
    Goal weight 188

I chose to lose 15 lbs in eleven weeks. That is a bit over a pound a week. If I stay focused I know I can do it.
  • JodieHut
    Options
    And we're off! Finally! Up until yesterday I was going to set a goal of 25 pounds, but realized that may be more than I can do right now given my track record over the past few months! So, I'm setting my goal at 20 pounds for this eleven week challenge. I CAN, and WILL do that!:happy:

Starting weight: 206.9
    Current Weight: 206.9
    Goal weight : 186.9

I'll be checking back later to read everyones goals!

Have a GREAT day..... let's start working those pounds off!!!!!

Jodie
  • shnnd19
    shnnd19 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Good Luck on our challenge:)

Begin Wt: 210
    Current Wt: 200.8
    Goal:187