Instagram Girls

Options

Replies

• fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    Good. I hope it does ruin your perception of women.

I hope you stop thinking that out of shape, overweight, lazy girls are normal and all that is out there. That girls who lift and take pride in challenging themselves are indeed real.

The fitness chicks on IG are all real people, not media. And we're going to continue to support #flexfriday and we're never going to stop #gymselfies.

You are not alone.

lol. theyre not real. they have fake boobs or butts (jen selter) and have their faces airbrushed of blemishes or use filters.

did you just tell me that I have fake tits and an airbrushed face because I said I post flexfriday pics and gym selfies??? REALLY???

thanks for the insult. really sweet.

i'll be at the gym worrying about reaching my next marks and not worrying about what you think of my chest.

so cold. shakes head.

im not talking about you at all. strong ego you have
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I haven't even tried instagram yet. Not sure I will.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Me neither. I'm too old for that ****.
  • fishnbrah
    Options

Me neither. I'm too old for that ****.

youre never too old to look at half naked people
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I am not on instagram, but my friends who are or other people I see post via facebook, I thought they just used filters, not actual photoshopage (enlarging, sculpting, whatever else to change your actual appearance). To me there is nothing wrong with adjusting contrast, filters, etc. Once you manipulate your actual face and body to where it doesn't look like you is wrong. We could say the same about make-up, tanning, implants, hair extensions, and what not.

Yeah I agree, it's fine to adjust lighting, color, turn it black and white, whatever. People sometimes wear make-up, or choose good poses, that's all fine. Photos can be art. Just not cool to actually change how the person actually looks. Also, I do like to see some photos of fitness gals without plastic surgery because I'm not going to get plastic surgery. I like to see outcomes that I can relate to as an actual goal. But, I won't discriminate against that either, and I respect their fitness and personal choices.

Also, the Op was not saying that all fitness photos and all flexfriday photos (or whatever) are fake. Plenty of them are as real as it gets. I was just looking at the flex Friday photos on Erin Simmon's Fitness page on FB.
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    I am not on instagram, but my friends who are or other people I see post via facebook, I thought they just used filters, not actual photoshopage (enlarging, sculpting, whatever else to change your actual appearance). To me there is nothing wrong with adjusting contrast, filters, etc. Once you manipulate your actual face and body to where it doesn't look like you is wrong. We could say the same about make-up, tanning, implants, hair extensions, and what not.

Also, the Op was not saying that all fitness photos and all flexfriday photos (or whatever) are fake. Plenty of them are as real as it gets. I was just looking at the flex Friday photos on Erin Simmon's Fitness page on FB.

that. i encourage all that. i was talking about girls like paige hathaway or whatever her name is
  • twinmuma
    twinmuma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've never posted any photo's with any kind of filters. Why the need to enhance an image or change your look. Be happy with who you are....If your hot, your hot, and if your not who cares or get plastic surgery.

I post pics on instagram to share with others, not to get attention (I get enough of that from tangible people - not creepers)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I've never posted any photo's with any kind of filters. Why the need to enhance an image or change your look. Be happy with who you are....

I don't really know much about filters. But, is it just like turning the photo black and white or sepia or something like that? Because that's not all that different from making sure you have good lighting before taking the pic, so that it's not too dark, not washed out, or with color imbalances. The right lighting can actually convey reality better than some weird lighting. I just got a smart phone this month, so just took my first ever selfie (in my profile pic). I went into my hallway, so I could have white walls for a simple back drop. I can also see how the proximity and position of the camera can create some distortions. I've heard people say to try and hold the camera up high to look up at it. In my selfie, my eyes are looking down to see the button to press. Also my eyes are green, but you can't see that in the photo. I'm not wearing any make-up either (but I don't usually wear make-up anyway). Clearly, I'm not a photographer.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i said we were real and active and involved and not sorry and dont think we dont exist.

was told thats not true and are filled with silicone and airbrushed.

very kind.

my ego is kept in check by what i can and cant do yet. not because someone said that the girls on instagram are plastic balloons with bad skin.

some of us work really hard and post because we want to inspire, want to keep a record of our progress and because we have so much fun at the gym everyday that it becomes our second home, where we are comfortable and have the most fun and want to share.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options

I hope you stop thinking that out of shape, overweight, lazy girls are normal and all that is out there. That girls who lift and take pride in challenging themselves are indeed real.

The fitness chicks on IG are all real people, not media. And we're going to continue to support #flexfriday and we're never going to stop #gymselfies.

You are not alone.

lol. theyre not real. they have fake boobs or butts (jen selter) and have their faces airbrushed of blemishes or use filters.

did you just tell me that I have fake tits and an airbrushed face because I said I post flexfriday pics and gym selfies??? REALLY???

i'll be at the gym worrying about reaching my next marks and not worrying about what you think of my chest.

so cold. shakes head.

then why are you quoting what i said and following it with an insult?

nevermind. i forgot this is how yall entertain yourselves. please excuse me for getting involved over my head, obviously.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

You are not alone.

so cold. shakes head.

then why are you quoting what i said and following it with an insult?

nevermind. i forgot this is how yall entertain yourselves. please excuse me for getting involved over my head, obviously.

No one was talking about you. He was talking about Paige Hathaway and Jen Selter (I didn't know who they were till now, so I'm not saying anything about them). You misunderstood. No one here is against fitness photos. He didn't say he stopped following all fitness posters, he said he stopped following ones that posted altered photos. He was not talking about you and that is clear to everyone that is reading this thread.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've never posted any photo's with any kind of filters. Why the need to enhance an image or change your look. Be happy with who you are....

I don't really know much about filters. But, is it just like turning the photo black and white or sepia or something like that? Because that's not all that different from making sure you have good lighting before taking the pic, so that it's not too dark, not washed out, or with color imbalances. The right lighting can actually convey reality better than some weird lighting. I just got a smart phone this month, so just took my first ever selfie (in my profile pic). I went into my hallway, so I could have white walls for a simple back drop. I can also see how the proximity and position of the camera can create some distortions. I've heard people say to try and hold the camera up high to look up at it. In my selfie, my eyes are looking down to see the button to press. Also my eyes are green, but you can't see that in the photo. I'm not wearing any make-up either (but I don't usually wear make-up anyway). Clearly, I'm not a photographer.

I use instagram, and I use filters too. Sometimes it makes the colors more vibrant, or lights up the shadows a bit better. Sometimes it provides more contrast. Often I find that the picture appears washed out compared to what my eyes can see... so I add a filter to make it look more like what I think it looks like to me.

Sometimes I do it because it's a cool effect.

I'm not on it to get followers, and while I do post the occasional fitness type shot, more of my posts are snapshots of my surroundings, or me and my kids, etc. As such, I keep my profile locked and pretty tight.

Applying a filter will not give me abs where I had none, nor will it give me bigger boobs or a more firm behind. It just plays with vibrancy, color, contrast, warmth, etc.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I use instagram, and I use filters too. Sometimes it makes the colors more vibrant, or lights up the shadows a bit better. Sometimes it provides more contrast. Often I find that the picture appears washed out compared to what my eyes can see... so I add a filter to make it look more like what I think it looks like to me.

Sometimes I do it because it's a cool effect.

I'm not on it to get followers, and while I do post the occasional fitness type shot, more of my posts are snapshots of my surroundings, or me and my kids, etc. As such, I keep my profile locked and pretty tight.

Applying a filter will not give me abs where I had none, nor will it give me bigger boobs or a more firm behind. It just plays with vibrancy, color, contrast, warmth, etc.

Thanks for explaining that. Yeah, I completely agree. Changing lighting is not altering a person's body.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options

I agree, the best photographs to where you shouldn't need to adjust anything is a good source of natural lighting. My photo I got lucky with natural lighting and didn't have to do anything to it. In some of my other photos, I used filters, some for artsy purposes and some to make it look more like how I look in reality - because you are right, depending on the lighting and flash it can make you appear washed out or exaggerate dark areas on your face.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've never posted any photo's with any kind of filters. Why the need to enhance an image or change your look. Be happy with who you are....If your hot, your hot, and if your not who cares or get plastic surgery.

I post pics on instagram to share with others, not to get attention (I get enough of that from tangible people - not creepers)

I guess you don't color your hair, or use makeup or nail polish then? How about earrings or jewelry? A hair straightener?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Now Instagram filters are synonymous with Photoshopping? C'mon. You can't edit in Instagram! It's a freaking filter. It changes tone/saturation.
  • xxdontaskmexx
    Options
    ^^ha!
  • PrintUSMC
    PrintUSMC Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Post stick figures and call it good!!!

..........\/..........
    ......\___/.......

@printusmcbody
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

that. i encourage all that. i was talking about girls like paige hathaway or whatever her name is

But she is the best of all the IG girls.

god, the things I'd do to her...
  • nutellabrah
    Options

But she is the best of all the IG girls.

god, the things I'd do to her...

HHhhhhhhhnnnnnnnngggggggggggg!!!!!!