BEST weight loss advice!!!!! Simple & easy

Options
1234568»

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I was talking to the OP.

Most people lose weight when they switch from a very poor diet, to a poor diet, does not make you an expert. If it was that simple %60+ would not be obese. I agree though, there is some very bad advice on this forum. This is the only health/fitness forum where so many people recommend soda and junk food. kinda pathetic.

Could be because this is MFP... Read the homepage carefully.

There's a thread about healthy historical diets flaring up right now. You might find like-minded folks there.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    SailorKnightW --
    I am familiar with BMR and TDEE and I use IIFYM.com calculator..
    If I eat less than my BMR and If I eat less than TDEE I should loose weight.
    and I do not.

Then you are breaking the laws of physics and should donate your body to science. They will surely want to know that there exists a cure for famine.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I was talking to the OP.

Most people lose weight when they switch from a very poor diet, to a poor diet, does not make you an expert. If it was that simple %60+ would not be obese. I agree though, there is some very bad advice on this forum. This is the only health/fitness forum where so many people recommend soda and junk food. kinda pathetic.

Well, the OP has lost more than 2 lbs so.... I'm not surprised you are confused. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
  • mattgrenier9
    mattgrenier9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Calories out > calories in ---> Weight loss

Calories out = calories in ---> Maintain weight

Calories out < Calories in ---> Weight gain

That's all. This should get rid of 99% of stupid posts of people complaining they are not losing weight even though they are at a deficit....
    This is true for fat loss, maintaining, and gain but there are factors such as water weight that also factor into someone's weight.