Non judgemental Friends Please....?

Options

Replies

• charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, friends who support, motivate and encourage eachother are what makes this process much easier...just remember we all fail we all have good days and bad but what matters is that we get up and try again!

~Charlie
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i desperately want to underline "unless someone asks me for advice". thanks :)

It seems like you are terrified of constructive criticism. I wonder why that is?

Anyway - I'm going to piggyback this thread and ask for the OPPOSITE of the OP. I don't want to be a nosy neighbor and go snooping in diaries without permission. I would just like to look at *real* examples of people who are at/near maintenance and also incorporate workouts?...
    FR sent. Although I'm not great about detailing my workouts.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

....So the fun reality of this is you asked for this entire thread derailing with one simple sentence, "Non-judgmental friends please". You've not been on this site long, and without taking the time to get to know anyone.. (especially those who might be the most help to you) you've ascertained that the forums are teaming with monsters out to hurt feelings when you eat a cookie. You then projected that disdain in your request but thought you'd smooth it over with a barley cloaked nicety that invited everyone who might take offense to respond on principle aka... "and judgmental lovelies please stay away and refrain from commenting".

I'm sorry, but you came in nostrils flaring and the resulting ruckus is entirely your fault. Almost everyone of the people I'm sure you'd label one way or another? Offers incredible advice and support.. and so far not a single one of them has said, "How dare you eat that cookie" Hell half of them try to work cookies into their diets. Making you feel bad about your diet is not what ANY of us are here for. But when you introduce yourself instantly defensive to a community all at the core after the same goal? You alienate a lot of people who might have had your answer to long term success.

Sure I get it, you want a circle of friends you can cry with when that one doughnut turns into a box of donuts... but guess what? I've yet to meet a single person on this site who hasn't struggled with the same problem... they've also never offered advice unless I* asked for it. Had you spent sometime getting to know people before passing your own judgement you would have found the only time these people really get on anyone's case is when they post things that others can read that are inherently unhealthy to share... but 90% of the time? They aren't even judging the person, but correcting bad information and offering the truth. That said... those "judgmental" posts were about fad diets and unhealthy calorie restriction etc... never about an accidental box of cookies after dinner.

I think you should rethink your approach to how you interact with people. A little faith and an open ear can go a long way.

The%2BRock%2BClapping.gif
  • TW057
    TW057 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I only have 4 friends on here, lol.
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

....So the fun reality of this is you asked for this entire thread derailing with one simple sentence, "Non-judgmental friends please". You've not been on this site long, and without taking the time to get to know anyone.. (especially those who might be the most help to you) you've ascertained that the forums are teaming with monsters out to hurt feelings when you eat a cookie. You then projected that disdain in your request but thought you'd smooth it over with a barley cloaked nicety that invited everyone who might take offense to respond on principle aka... "and judgmental lovelies please stay away and refrain from commenting".

I'm sorry, but you came in nostrils flaring and the resulting ruckus is entirely your fault. Almost everyone of the people I'm sure you'd label one way or another? Offers incredible advice and support.. and so far not a single one of them has said, "How dare you eat that cookie" Hell half of them try to work cookies into their diets. Making you feel bad about your diet is not what ANY of us are here for. But when you introduce yourself instantly defensive to a community all at the core after the same goal? You alienate a lot of people who might have had your answer to long term success.

Sure I get it, you want a circle of friends you can cry with when that one doughnut turns into a box of donuts... but guess what? I've yet to meet a single person on this site who hasn't struggled with the same problem... they've also never offered advice unless I* asked for it. Had you spent sometime getting to know people before passing your own judgement you would have found the only time these people really get on anyone's case is when they post things that others can read that are inherently unhealthy to share... but 90% of the time? They aren't even judging the person, but correcting bad information and offering the truth. That said... those "judgmental" posts were about fad diets and unhealthy calorie restriction etc... never about an accidental box of cookies after dinner.

I think you should rethink your approach to how you interact with people. A little faith and an open ear can go a long way.
    Im sorry but i came in assuming nothing. i knew it for a fact because i used to be part of this community. which is why i particularly asked for non judgmental friends :) Good day
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    What gets me about this thread is that the OP stated that she wanted non-judgemental friends. She didnt ask if she should have non-judgemental people on her friend's list so why do people feel they need to debate it? The OP isnt asking for advice so why the need to give it?

LOL i think its just so that they can feel better about themselves. i never give unsolicited advice and i expect people to return the favour. it funny how much some people have grown to love giving unsolicited advice. maybe some people need it but when i say i dont, i just dont. thanks for seeing right through to the point.
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No judgement here. I also need the same type of friends as I need to loose 75 lbs. I hope we can encourage each other.:flowerforyou:
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    Feel free to add me, friends who support, motivate and encourage eachother are what makes this process much easier...just remember we all fail we all have good days and bad but what matters is that we get up and try again!

~Charlie

Precisely what im looking for :)
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    No judgement here. I also need the same type of friends as I need to loose 75 lbs. I hope we can encourage each other.:flowerforyou:

of course we can :) its what i desperately seek :)
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

So basically it was judgmental of her to ask for people to not be judgmental? Then all these people came out of the cracks throwing judgment at her because she doesn't want to be judged? Good job on the double standards people.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

I think you seriously need to look at this cat... Just look at the cat.

4jv0jd.png

Yep.

Basic human instinct dictates otherwise. You poke a "cat" it will bite you. I'm not saying the result was right? I am saying she's at fault for causing it.
  • metalheadbetty
    Options
    To the people that were saying that can't be non judgemental... that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Of course you can be supportive without being judgemental.
  • biancafrost18
    Options
    I would love to be your friend I also need motivation and encouragement without the haters!!!!

Good luck sweetie!
    Our journey to confidence and sexiness is near!!!!

:)
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

4jv0jd.png

Yep.

Basic human instinct dictates otherwise. You poke a "cat" it will bite you. I'm not saying the result was right? I am saying she's at fault for causing it.

W...what? This kids is why you stay away from drugs.

And this ^^^ is why I live in reality where not everyone poops rainbows.
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

4jv0jd.png

Yep.

Nobody poops rainbows, what we are saying is you're poop stinks just as mine does so dont scrunch up you're nose at mine. if you still are the person who badly wants scrunch up his her nose, just dont look at my poop. its a pretty reasonable request as far as i am concerned.
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

4jv0jd.png

Yep.

Nobody poops rainbows, what we are saying is you're poop stinks just as mine does so dont scrunch up you're nose at mine. if you are still are the person who badly wants scrunch up his her nose, just dont look at my poop. its a pretty reasonable request as far as i am concerned.
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    I would love to be your friend I also need motivation and encouragement without the haters!!!!

Good luck sweetie!
    Our journey to confidence and sexiness is near!!!!

:)

Of course our sexiness is near. in spite of the few discouraging people ive met, ive also met twice the amount of encouraging people so lets rock this :)
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    To the people that were saying that can't be non judgemental... that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Of course you can be supportive without being judgemental.

i guess it takea a lot to see the difference :) thanks
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

So basically it was judgmental of her to ask for people to not be judgmental? Then all these people came out of the cracks throwing judgment at her because she doesn't want to be judged? Good job on the double standards people.

Couldnt have said it better. this is why when i came back with a new account i asked for friends with specific characteristics. i refuse to be discouraged again. thanks :)
  • TimElwis
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

4jv0jd.png

Yep.

"Basic human instinct dictates otherwise. You poke a "cat" it will bite you" So you're saying cats are human? Um no, you see a cat isn't going to understand why you poked it but a human has the sense to ask before savagely attacking someone unless they are insane.

So what you're saying is you are an animal, and not able to form human social standards, so you will bite at everything as your instincts dictate it okay. Well I can see it. At least you can admit to behaving like a animal.

:laugh: