1234568»

Replies

• Magdalena_adams91
    Options
    New here too. Feel free to add me :) x
  • inspiredkat
    inspiredkat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for 3 weeks now and I am not a judgemental person. So far I have had good results and I know you will to. Feel free to add me.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Now I can see why human intelligence is declining.

you're in a ninja suit wearing plastic swords.
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    I'm obviously overweight and need a major change in lifestyle but i also have other issues which I'm currently trying to recover from. So it would be great it if i could find friends who would support and encourage me and not judge me for the slightest misstep.
    Sometimes i might overeat and sometimes i might under eat..... Im trying to place myself where I'm comfortable and healthy and not depressed.
    So non judgmental people add away.... and judgmental lovelies please stay away and refrain from commenting.

P.S : OMG It is not me in the picture! Its just something i put up for motivation.

My pictures are me, but me from 8 years ago roughly. I also use them for motivation. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I do have a few pics of modern me, but I choose to use the ones of the me I used to be so that I can draw the courage to keep pushing.
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    I'm obviously overweight and need a major change in lifestyle but i also have other issues which I'm currently trying to recover from. So it would be great it if i could find friends who would support and encourage me and not judge me for the slightest misstep.
    Sometimes i might overeat and sometimes i might under eat..... Im trying to place myself where I'm comfortable and healthy and not depressed.
    So non judgmental people add away.... and judgmental lovelies please stay away and refrain from commenting.

P.S : OMG It is not me in the picture! Its just something i put up for motivation.

Also OP, if you have anxiety issues or anything like that, I am also the founder of MFP's Anxiety support group. You are welcome to join. We have nearly 200 members, and a lot of them are very knowledgeable on the subject matter, myself included.
  • CandiceInspo
    Options
    CandiceInspo,

....So the fun reality of this is you asked for this entire thread derailing with one simple sentence, "Non-judgmental friends please". You've not been on this site long, and without taking the time to get to know anyone.. (especially those who might be the most help to you) you've ascertained that the forums are teaming with monsters out to hurt feelings when you eat a cookie. You then projected that disdain in your request but thought you'd smooth it over with a barley cloaked nicety that invited everyone who might take offense to respond on principle aka... "and judgmental lovelies please stay away and refrain from commenting".

I'm sorry, but you came in nostrils flaring and the resulting ruckus is entirely your fault. Almost everyone of the people I'm sure you'd label one way or another? Offers incredible advice and support.. and so far not a single one of them has said, "How dare you eat that cookie" Hell half of them try to work cookies into their diets. Making you feel bad about your diet is not what ANY of us are here for. But when you introduce yourself instantly defensive to a community all at the core after the same goal? You alienate a lot of people who might have had your answer to long term success.

Sure I get it, you want a circle of friends you can cry with when that one doughnut turns into a box of donuts... but guess what? I've yet to meet a single person on this site who hasn't struggled with the same problem... they've also never offered advice unless I* asked for it. Had you spent sometime getting to know people before passing your own judgement you would have found the only time these people really get on anyone's case is when they post things that others can read that are inherently unhealthy to share... but 90% of the time? They aren't even judging the person, but correcting bad information and offering the truth. That said... those "judgmental" posts were about fad diets and unhealthy calorie restriction etc... never about an accidental box of cookies after dinner.

I think you should rethink your approach to how you interact with people. A little faith and an open ear can go a long way.

I think you seriously need to look at this cat... Just look at the cat.

4jv0jd.png

Yep.

Basic human instinct dictates otherwise. You poke a "cat" it will bite you. I'm not saying the result was right? I am saying she's at fault for causing it.

W...what? This kids is why you stay away from drugs.

And this ^^^ is why I live in reality where not everyone poops rainbows.

"Basic human instinct dictates otherwise. You poke a "cat" it will bite you" So you're saying cats are human? Um no, you see a cat isn't going to understand why you poked it but a human has the sense to ask before savagely attacking someone unless they are insane.

So what you're saying is you are an animal, and not able to form human social standards, so you will bite at everything as your instincts dictate it okay. Well I can see it. At least you can admit to behaving like a animal.

:laugh:

The way I see it... Ms. OP attacked before anyone said a word. I said "cat" because of the ridiculous gif displayed in lieu of an actual response, I'm sorry the sarcasm was lost on you.. I will try to be more facile next time. In answer to your final comment?

No. What I was saying was if you approach on the offense, be prepared for those you direct it at to respond on the defense... again? I was unaware that metaphors would be this difficult to grasp. That said, I have nothing to "admit to being" as nothing I said was behaving in anyway but observational. Unlike the OP, I did not label or "judge" prematurely, but saw a destructive post placed in a community that was blatantly confrontational under a lesser guise.

Had she said, "Looking for friends to help me on my journey...", not a single post of opposition would have followed. All of these same people would have responded and the "crisis" would have been averted. Yet here we are... Sorry, but in this instance you are incorrect. The post was an instigation plain and simple, much less confrontational methods were available to her and she chose a rather objectionable approach.

Being kind never seems to breed these results. Just sayin.

As far as Im concerned nothing is really good or bad. Its all a matter of preference. i prefer to have non judgmental friends which doesn't necessarily mean being judgmental is a bad thing but if you take offense to what i said it just means you ARE judgmental and you think being judgmental is a bad thing. If not you wouldn't be so upset. As for the topic, this is a free country and people shouldn't be telling me how to rephrase my topic. If i want to state what i want in a friend, i am free to do so.
  • CandiceInspo
    Options

My pictures are me, but me from 8 years ago roughly. I also use them for motivation. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I do have a few pics of modern me, but I choose to use the ones of the me I used to be so that I can draw the courage to keep pushing.

Pictures with quotes help me, but once Ive lost some weight maybe ill use my own pics too ;)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Friend who judge "ARE NOT FRIENDS". Congratulations for taking steps towards a new and awesomer you. Embrace the journey and LETS DO THIS!!!
  • aeparks3
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I know about fitness and nurtition(extensive background, but I'm not an "expert"....yet :), but I'm not one to judge. Everyone has walked a different path in life and we can all use a little encouragement and support. Everyone has bad days. Period. But it's what you do the next day that matters. I try and stay away from negativite, toxic people, and don't really think that putting people down is the best way to raise them up. Feel free to add me!
  • jamiebrown81
    Options
    I do not judge b/c I do not want to be judged. Please add me! I am looking for support and advice through my lifestyle-change/weight loss journey also!

jamie
  • aimhigher
    aimhigher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!!
    I have been using fitness pal for a while but I never really interacted much on here until now. I am looking to make new friends who are supportive, uplifting, motivating and nonjudgemental. I will not judge someone because I am not walking in their shoes...just as you have not walked in mine! I will be supportive, encouraging and motivating but I am also blunt and to the point and will call you out on bad habits just as I hope you will do the same for me. :) I am going to send you a friend request...accept it if you want an encouraging uplifting supportive friend!! :)