My fiance can be such a jerk sometimes

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
I'm really trying hard to do this whole lifestyle change thing and I like to exercise outside. It gets dark so early these days, though, and I can only go after work. We're really close to the projects in Baltimore and he keeps telling me I shouldn't run there at night, but I NEED to get my workout in.

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want me to lose weight. It's just his insecurity, thinking I'll leave him if I do. Anyone else dealing with an unsupportive SO?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I kicked him in the balls and made him move out.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    He doesn't want you running near the projects at night and that's because of his insecurity??? Uh, no. Sounds to me like he just wants you to be safe. Is there somewhere else you can run that isn't near the projects? Can you stick to the treadmill until daylight savings time starts? Could you run during lunch? Sorry OP, but if I was in your fiance's situation, I would likely feel the same way.
  • rml_16
    Options
    He doesn't want you running near the projects at night and that's because of his insecurity??? Uh, no. Sounds to me like he just wants you to be safe. Is there somewhere else you can run that isn't near the projects? Can you stick to the treadmill until daylight savings time starts? Could you run during lunch? Sorry OP, but if I was in your fiance's situation, I would likely feel the same way.
    I'm not going to change my workout routine just to make him happy!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

I'm not suggesting you change it to keep HIM happy; I'm suggesting you change it to keep YOU safe. It's a good idea to work on a compromise on something like this. Him worrying about your safety is a good thing.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    He sounds controlling
  • rml_16
    Options
    Just break up.
    I think that might be the answer.

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.
  • Whambam087
    Options
    Well his fears sound perfectfully rational...high chance of being mugged, raped or who knows what. I would worry about those things myself if I ran in a risky area at night
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    My suggestion? Carry a gun...that's what I do.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.

I think he is scared you are gonna pick up another dude from the projects who appreciates you. Also he is just jealous.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Just break up.

I think he is scared you are gonna pick up another dude from the projects who appreciates you. Also he is just jealous.
    I'm so glad SOMEONE understands.

Seriously, all of you who have nothing supportive to say should just move on. This is MY thread.
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    Come to Arizona I will let you run anywhere as long as you run to bed with me.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I dunno. I've been told a bear a strong resemblance to Howard Stern. Are you sure you want that?

This is why I stay with this unsupportive man. I mean, a woman who looks like Howard Stern doesn't have many options.
  • cks3d1
    cks3d1 Posts: 39
    Options
    "He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects. "

Are you kidding?
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Ha... please tell me this is a joke.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.

:laugh:
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

This sounds like a soon to be marriage that will end rather quickly....there is something called communication and compromise that you should be working on with your fiancé not us!
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    10/10. That is all.
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    I dunno. I've been told a bear a strong resemblance to Howard Stern. Are you sure you want that?

This is why I stay with this unsupportive man. I mean, a woman who looks like Howard Stern doesn't have many options.

lol
This discussion has been closed.