My fiance can be such a jerk sometimes

Replies

• mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    [/quote]
    I think that might be the answer.

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.
    [/quote]

I would NOT put up with my bf telling me someone else is pretty like that!:mad:
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Far be it from me to judge anyone's relationship. However, I think it's about where you're planning to run. he clearly thinks it's not safe. Maybe you should look into a gym membership or finding a place such as a school or indoor track to run at until the days are longer.

He wants you safe. The whole rest of your post about his insecurities could be your thoughts, not his...
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Borrow a friends dog or something to go for a run...I agree with everyone else that's said it really sounds like he is worried about your safety. However, since you feel that he is trying to keep you down (right or wrong as you maybe about that), you probably should end the relationship.

If you are right, then he is a jerk (but you still should still consider finding a safer way to exersice, whether it's carrying mace, getting a running buddy or going to kick boxing class or something instead).

If you are wrong, you are kind of the jerk and don't deserve the guy that puts your safety above your physical apperance.

It's not for any of us to know which of the above is the case, but it is ONE of the above and either way it doesn't sound like a match made in heaven.
  • Wait... So, you two are engaged? Please just break it off now. This dude is legitimately looking out for your safety, as he should, being that he is your fiancé, and you think he is trying to sabotage your weight loss? Oh and the jealousy issues? This is just a future marriage asking for a divorce.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Would it make your fiance feel better if you got your CHL... Stand your ground is the it thing after all... :wink:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Haha just read the rest of this, great troll!
    Dammit, I fell into the troll trap too...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Wait... So, you two are engaged? Please just break it off now. This dude is legitimately looking out for your safety, as he should, being that he is your fiancé, and you think he is trying to sabotage your weight loss? Oh and the jealousy issues? This is just a future marriage asking for a divorce.

2chkgp4.gif
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Nice try.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Hes concerned for your safety. Thats all.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Tell him to stop looking at pretty cashiers and to go running with you.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Love the trolls. Get you worked up.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    well at least running in the projects will guarantee a personal best....
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Well played.
  • veggie_rachel
    veggie_rachel Posts: 28 Member
    It sounds like maybe there's more to this story... When he mentions another woman is pretty, does that really mean that he thinks you're fat and ugly in comparison? When he asks you not to run at night in a potentially dangerous area, does that really mean he doesn't support you? It sounds like he's concerned for your safety to me. And the comment about the cashier doesn't sound backhanded or mean. I understand that you don't like your man looking at other women, but I think how you translated his comment is a bit extreme. If you're not happy, let the relationship go, but it doesn't sound to me like these things equal an angry or unsupportive partner.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    So many eager people....so easily misled.
  • He doesn't want you running near the projects at night and that's because of his insecurity??? Uh, no. Sounds to me like he just wants you to be safe. Is there somewhere else you can run that isn't near the projects? Can you stick to the treadmill until daylight savings time starts? Could you run during lunch? Sorry OP, but if I was in your fiance's situation, I would likely feel the same way.
    I'm not going to change my workout routine just to make him happy!

Sounds like you have got a great handle on that whole 'compromising to make your relationship work' thing, huh.
    Thank you!

sarcasm fail
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Haha just read the rest of this, great troll!

Is it? IS IT??
  • So you are not the least bit concerned about running in the dark in a risky area? Your own safety doesn't cross your mind?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Wait a minute...
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Um is there any reason you can't run at the Inner Harbor?

I have to agree with others it sounds like either he's worried about your safety (and rightly so) all the while you still have some insecurity issues - right or wrong - compromise and communication make for better marriages - honestly you need to work this out with him, not us. If I was running anywhere near the projects around our house my hubby would want me to take our dog with me or even better yet NOT DO IT because he worries for my safety - my question is why aren't you worried about your own safety?!?!?! I am from Maryland and have heard many a horror story about the Baltimore projects and have seen a lot of news reports about that area...
This discussion has been closed.