My fiance can be such a jerk sometimes

Options

Replies

• TheSwollMinister
    TheSwollMinister Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    He doesn't want you running near the projects at night and that's because of his insecurity??? Uh, no. Sounds to me like he just wants you to be safe. Is there somewhere else you can run that isn't near the projects? Can you stick to the treadmill until daylight savings time starts? Could you run during lunch? Sorry OP, but if I was in your fiance's situation, I would likely feel the same way.
    I'm not going to change my workout routine just to make him happy!

He's genuinely worried about your safety. Look at it from his point of view.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    My suggestion? Carry a gun...that's what I do.

You should actual carry an assault rifle, in plain site. Then those thugs will know you are serious about your workouts.
  • ScottishGirlXO
    ScottishGirlXO Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying hard to do this whole lifestyle change thing and I like to exercise outside. It gets dark so early these days, though, and I can only go after work. We're really close to the projects in Baltimore and he keeps telling me I shouldn't run there at night, but I NEED to get my workout in.

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want me to lose weight. It's just his insecurity, thinking I'll leave him if I do. Anyone else dealing with an unsupportive SO?

Maybe he genuinely is just worried for your safety. Re-assure him that your going to be OK.
    I think you need to sit down and talk to him, tell him you wont leave him when you reach your fitness goal.
    You need to re-assure him at all times. Maybe he can go with you a few nights a week? Which will let him know you are safe and you will be both losing weight!

Hope everything works out for you guys!!
  • Tammer81
    Tammer81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1) At least in my experience, physically-appealing grocery store cashiers are regrettably few and far between, so it does merit notice to have come across one; it is in fact possible to appreciate the positive attributes in others while remaining in love and committed to one person exclusively.

2) There's no such thing as a man who doesn't want his fiancée to lose weight; to the extent he discourages you from jogging after dark through the projects of Baltimore, which nationally ranks near the top in violent crime per capita, it's out of his highly justifiable concern for your safety and the reasonable fear that such a trek may result in your physical assault, rape and/or murder. Surely an indoor treadmill is a satisfactory compromise…
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying hard to do this whole lifestyle change thing and I like to exercise outside. It gets dark so early these days, though, and I can only go after work. We're really close to the projects in Baltimore and he keeps telling me I shouldn't run there at night, but I NEED to get my workout in.

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want me to lose weight. It's just his insecurity, thinking I'll leave him if I do. Anyone else dealing with an unsupportive SO?

It's possible that he is concerned for your safety.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a tazer. ZAP!

This

hang-over-taser.gif
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Couldn't it just be a male instinct to want to keep his woman safe? Nah, maybe not. I mean why would a guy that intends to marry you worry about you getting mugged/raped/murdered on a dark street. Men never do that.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you're carrying some weight they want you to lose.
    If you lose weight they'll think that you'll look too good to want to stay with them.

Do what you need to do for YOURSELF!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    I think that might be the answer.

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.

Are you a troll?

Is this a joke?

I believe she already pointed out that she bears a strong resemblance to Howard Stern. Is Howard Stern a troll?
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Trololololol.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    I think that might be the answer.

I forgot to add that once we went to the grocery store together and after we left he said something about how he thought the cashier was pretty. He says things like that, which obviously means he thinks I'm fat and ugly, and then won't even support me running at night in the projects.

Are you a troll?

Is this a joke?

I believe she already pointed out that she bears a strong resemblance to Howard Stern. Is Howard Stern a troll?

actually, she didn't. Some assface told her she did.
    Yes. I look like Howard Stern AND I'm 37, which I guess is really, really old.

I should just give up on life.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    in for a laugh!!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Your fiance is a saboteur and a bad person.

So is the guy's wife who won't let him run stairs in condemned buildings.

They sound like they ruin lives. They are life ruiners.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

My expectations were too high.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Your fiance is a saboteur and a bad person.

So is the guy's wife who won't let him run stairs in condemned buildings.

They sound like they ruin lives. They are life ruiners.
    They should get together.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I was on the hook for the first page.

Nice work, OP. Nice work.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    But saying be careful means I love you!

Barney_Fun_Ways_To_Stay_Safe.jpg
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Drink a can of mace* before your run. Then when you run, you'll sweat mace and no one will be able to attack you.

Also, put pepper spray in your water bottle, then you can spray it in the eyes of anyone who comes near. I've also heard that chillies are a crazy fat burner so you can even drink it*

Also, put knives in the tips of your running shoes. Good for self defence and you'll make a lovely clicking sound as you run.

Also, put one of those gag buzzers in each hand; if anyone approaches, just grab them and they'll run away because they'll think you electrocuted them.

Also, draw on fake tattoos on your forehead with a sharpie, so people think you're a crazy tattooed chick, and they'll leave you alone.

* This is NOT genuine advice. Please don't drink mace or pepper spray.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

I concur. These type of posts are becoming boring. I just click on them to see who is attempting to be sarcastically witty.
This discussion has been closed.