235lbs obese to 150lbs lean 7-8% body fat

Options

Replies

• bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! I tried to view your profile to read your story but it's closed :-(
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Way to go!
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the gym right now thank you good job:smile:
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's an insane transformation! For diet - did you keep changing things up as your got leaner? Did you go through a bulking period? Certain calorie ranges or macro percentages?
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    wow!! Incredible transformation! Well done! Amazing! I just went to your profile to read up on your story like you suggested but it is only viewable to your friends only, not to everyone.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wow. Hot, dude.
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! That is one heck of a transformation! Awesome work, you're hot!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Dude... that is one incredible transformation!

Wow--CONGRATS!! Serious eye candy!!
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    wow!! Incredible transformation! Well done! Amazing! I just went to your profile to read up on your story like you suggested but it is only viewable to your friends only, not to everyone.

I know :(

I didn't realize there were so many wankers on the public forums so I had to secure it. Now I can't edit my post either! Whoops .. :ohwell:
  • littlebutlean
    Options
    WOW!
    Do you compete now??

Nope but the thought had occurred to me, just for the experience and to say I did it. To have the pictures for a memory. I was just talking to an MFP guy who is 46 and his first competition was at 44 years old and he placed. I always said I'm too old but I guess I can scrap that excuse now ..

I might! Maybe at some point but I'd definitely have to take a good solid year and put on some real mass. Start lifting heavier, get my shoulder taken care of (injury that really holds me back) and really work on massing up. The thought is in my mind for sure. :wink:
  • littlebutlean
    Options
    That's an insane transformation! For diet - did you keep changing things up as your got leaner? Did you go through a bulking period? Certain calorie ranges or macro percentages?

Yep! I mean this has been a long process (5+ years) so I've done a TON of different stuff, all types of diets. I kept track of everything though for sure. At the start I kept macro %'s but didn't set it as strict after while, I just made sure to get sufficient protein, made sure fats were low, the rest played out.

Bulking for me was never successful. I honestly feel bulking is not a good option for people who were obese and lost a ton of weight. I think if one were to bulk after being obese for 10+ years, they would have to give the body a solid year+ to adapt. I mean, it's going to be individual, it will depend on how long someone was overweight, how old they are, how much they lost, how long it took them to lose it, etc. For me, I was overweight for 13+ years and I was impatient and probably didn't maintain my new weight long enough because I just stored fat like crazy if you up your calories. Either that, or bulk with slight calorie increases slowly over time, starting at 100 calories for 4-6 weeks, then try 200, etc etc while keeping an eye on the mirror and pictures.

What I did after I failed at bulking a bunch of times was just re-comp, eat @ maintenance and lift hard in the gym while making sure my protein intake was sufficient. I started seeing results and so I've stuck with it. I have just slowly over time lost fat and gained a bit of muscle. I try and stay lean all year round sub 10% body fat.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation....no other word for it. Motivation for sure
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! Fabulous results! Wow!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Great job! You were really going for the "cut" look and got there nicely, you really do look like a different person than your first picture. What were your lifts like before when you started, and then now?

Yep exactly. I try to maintain sub 10% body fat and stay lean all year round. It gets super hard (for me) to stay at ~7% though but I certainly try. It hurts me in terms of overall mass but I'm still really happy with not being huge but staying lean.

For your question, are you talking about my lifts in terms of weight or my total lifting regimen?

I was talking generally about lift amount trends, how much did they go up comparatively while cutting so much?
  • littlebutlean
    Options
    I was talking generally about lift amount trends, how much did they go up comparatively while cutting so much?

Ah okay, actually, good question and it's funny you ask because I've thought a lot about that the last few weeks. I actually remember pushing the same weight a year+ ago that I do now which is sort of ****. I've been thinking lately I want to try and bring up my strength. I'm sort of tired of curling 25's.

To my defense, I'm all broken! About a year or year and a half ago I wrecked my left inside delt where it connects to the upper pec muscle, I'm pretty sure benching. Anytime I train any upper body (chest/shoulders is the worst) it hurts. It pretty much causes me pain I would say 80% of the time I train upper body at all. I can no longer do presses at all for chest whether its olympic bar or dumbbells. I've been doing squeeze exercises for the last year and a half. It's actually solely because of that injury that I don't push harder for upper body and I can see it effects me in every single muscle group upper body. My legs have gotten quite strong though, big lift increases from a year ago for sure. Walking lunges I think I started with 15's and now I use 40's (kettle bells), standing calf raise I do the whole stack, I think its 400 and I started at I believe like 150 so I definitely have improvements in legs.

I have seen improvements in some exercises but I'm very certain that my shoulder has held me back, as well as trying to just stay lean and not eating a ton of calories, that's held me back on strength as well. I lift very light weights upper body but my goal has never been strength so I haven't bothered much about it but like I said, I've been thinking a lot lately and maybe seeing if I can get this injury fixed/taken care of even if it requires surgery.

So to answer your question, my lifts for the last probably 12-14 months on many upper body exercises have mostly stayed the same.
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow...just wow.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

Ah okay, actually, good question and it's funny you ask because I've thought a lot about that the last few weeks. I actually remember pushing the same weight a year+ ago that I do now which is sort of ****. I've been thinking lately I want to try and bring up my strength. I'm sort of tired of curling 25's.

To my defense, I'm all broken! About a year or year and a half ago I wrecked my left inside delt where it connects to the upper pec muscle, I'm pretty sure benching. Anytime I train any upper body (chest/shoulders is the worst) it hurts. It pretty much causes me pain I would say 80% of the time I train upper body at all. I can no longer do presses at all for chest whether its olympic bar or dumbbells. I've been doing squeeze exercises for the last year and a half. It's actually solely because of that injury that I don't push harder for upper body and I can see it effects me in every single muscle group upper body. My legs have gotten quite strong though, big lift increases from a year ago for sure. Walking lunges I think I started with 15's and now I use 40's (kettle bells), standing calf raise I do the whole stack, I think its 400 and I started at I believe like 150 so I definitely have improvements in legs.

I have seen improvements in some exercises but I'm very certain that my shoulder has held me back, as well as trying to just stay lean and not eating a ton of calories, that's held me back on strength as well. I lift very light weights upper body but my goal has never been strength so I haven't bothered much about it but like I said, I've been thinking a lot lately and maybe seeing if I can get this injury fixed/taken care of even if it requires surgery.

So to answer your question, my lifts for the last probably 12-14 months on many upper body exercises have mostly stayed the same.

Tks for responding. Kind of what I expected from people's situations I've known before, its tough trying to gain and stay that cut, especially without the "genes" I think. Good data point.

This is one of the reasons I've never tried to get to a low body fat too: I prefer to focus on strength (and I love my food too much) and I'm debating how much to cut down myself. I'm not trying to take anything away from you though, you look great, and probably average people would even think you are stronger than me looking at pictures online :) Very similar situation with me and my high school best friend. He also had similar problems as you.

Anyways, good job, hope you rest up your shoulder, add some rehab exercise and good luck!
  • littlebutlean
    Options
    Anyways, good job, hope you rest up your shoulder, add some rehab exercise and good luck!

I'd love to hear from anyone who has successfully rehabbed a shoulder injury or open to trying anything. I'm pretty fed up with it and anything I have tried (shoulder warm ups/stretches etc) hasn't worked. Maybe ill post a new thread on it.

On a side note sorry all for closing profile. Friend me with a quick blurb and no worries I'll add!
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is a phenomenal transformation :) Your dedication and hard work has truly paid off.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!