• jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello all - just bumping in to save my place

Jill from western MA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: The line dance performance today went very well. We looked great in black pants and tops, gold scarves, and red hats. The audience at the assisted living home was very enthusiastic and eager to talk to us when we were finished dancing. One of the residents is the twin sister of one of the dancers so we all went out to lunch at the Asian Buffet.
    ]BarbieLineDanceFeb2014.jpg

:flowerforyou: It’s a long story that I won’t tell about why it took until yesterday for my exercise bike to get fixed but now I’m riding again.
    569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Barbie, is that you? Cute outfit -and you look so skinny!

Not much to report today. Went to swim laps this morning then we came out to the lake cabin. We went hiking in the woods with the dogs which was fun. Worked a jigsaw puzzle for a while. Then had a salad with grilled chicken. Now I'm sitting with Bruno on my lap and Molly asleep on the sofa. Hubby is upstairs pretending to work. Probably napping, which is good. All in all a pretty nice day.

I hope the rest of you are having a great day too.

Sylvia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    hi all,
    I am a newbie, 1 week in, 2 lbs off. For a variety of reasons I am not telling anyone in my real life (vs my mfp life) that I am dieting, they will find out when I have lost enough weight for them to notice. You ladies seem to have had a lot of experience on this adventure so I need your advice:

I am in a gourmet cooking group and one evening a month we get together, each bringing a course and have a 5 course dinner with drinks paired to each course. It is this coming Wednesday night. I have already decided to call it my once a month "cheat meal" but my question is do I log the cheat dinner - as best I can; do I try to "save" up calories from other days? I will eat light that day and fit in my exercise... but how do I handle the meal from a logging point of view?

thanks
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have been absent all day. Daughter and family are here and when we all got up this morning I didn't get on my computer. Priorities you know! So now they are back in bed so here I am. I have briefly skimmed posts since last night. Seems like a lot of people are talking about making cupcakes!!! Yum. Went to Bob Evans tonight and they have chocolate bread:sad: I took a small pinch and wasn't impressed. I did have a small piece of banana bread. You always get two pieces of bread with your meal so I had plenty of people who were willing to have my piece of bread. Little grand daughter went with Grandpa on his walk on the mall. He didn't have the walk he likes, she is easily distracted and he didn't get his 2 miles in. But they got gum balls out of this wacky machine. The older one was going to go to the dog park with my other daughter but has a cold so didn't go. We were glad because there was a new couple at the dog park and din't know the 'socialization' yet which is part of the mission of the dog park. So the dog got in a bad fight with another dog and a young small dog was injured before the dogs could be separated.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello beautiful ladies:bigsmile:
    Texasgal:heart: that’s a meaningful chart
    Sylvia:flowerforyou: what a beautiful day, swimming trekking and everyone sound asleep, perfect
    Joyce:heart: even your name has JOY in it, thanks for spreading it
    Barbie:love: you look so chic and Wow! Glad about your line dance I would be clamouring for your attention too if you danced for me looking like that. As far as Yoga goes I have incorporated the simple ones to warm up and cool down….they give a good stretch are gentle and positively effect my body. I’ll see if I can get the English names for some of them, so u can have a look.
    Yannijannie :heart: may your worries be gone. Trust the Divine to take care of what you cant and where you cant go.
    Deedee:flowerforyou: Great to have a shopping and coffee appointment with a friend ! Drinking my water, sipping my coffee, Cheers!:drinker:
    Patceoh:flowerforyou: praying you are fine ASAP
    Heather:bigsmile: love to hear your story. What were the first steps you took on this journey? If u care to share, please! Relieved about the weather
    Peachstatgal :smile: You n mom are in my prayers

Margaretturk :flowerforyou: do take care of yourself, love your posts
    Rebelrenny :flowerforyou: best wishes to u your daughter and the little one who is already dominating your thoughts
    Michelle have a gala time:bigsmile:
    Katla :heart: hope both you and DH have a healthy time ahead. Can still feel the joy on meeting your son and DIL. You have waited so long.
    Vicki what wonderful NSVs:flowerforyou:
    I am registering for a half marathon on 9 March, a women’s event. Last year I did it for the first time. Hope I have enough time to prepare for it adequately. Will need to up my carbs and switch to more running through the week rather than only on weekends.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Dull and windy here.:cry:

Anamika - I'm sending you good wishes for your half marathon and your training. What a great effort!:flowerforyou:
    I wiil do a little history of my struggles when I get to goal, , whatever that is, or at the 2 year mark in June. I am nearly at goal, but haven't settled on a number yet!:bigsmile:

Joyce - remember my cupcakes are really, really mini ones!:bigsmile: I have an idea to maybe make super healthy ones with grated veg, ground almonds etc, iced with Philly light and stevia. I might experiment with a few to see. Otherwise they will be out of a new book I bought, all mini bakes. The secret is only to have ONE! :laugh: It helps to have a lot of greedy people around you.:laugh:

Some of the people with serious troubles haven't posted for a bit. I hope you are all alright and coping. My very best wishes.:love::heart:

Vicki and Sandy - I am so impressed with the changes you have made to your lives.:flowerforyou: You must feel like whole different people! :happy:

Love to all. Going to do a big online shop today, but got to do it DH'S name as he has a £10 off offer, because they haven't heard from him for some time. We will mostly buy staples.

Heather in damp and dull Hampshire UK
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: anamika. Half marathon is nothing to sneeze at. Awesome. Best wishes and happy training.

Renny
    From black ice Vancouver Island, BC.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Hugs and prayers for all:heart: !!!

Anamika:smile: Will be cheering you on, on your 5K:flowerforyou: !!!

Heather:smile: One mini cupcake is good for me and I even love them without the icing:love: !

Momsamodel:smile: Welcome!!! I would do the best I could logging the meal, even if you have to add "quick calories". It`s not the end of the world if you go over calories once in a while, as long as the very next day you get back on track! I think it happens to most of us once in awhile! As long as log everybite you have, you can go back and check if you happen to gain a pound or stay the same, and see what might have caused it, too much sodium puts me up a pound the next day...it`s just good to keep track!

Barbie:smile: You look marvelous:bigsmile: !!!

Renny:smile: You are up early this morning:yawn: !!! Stay off of that black ice!

Shopping was wonderful yesterday, I got a new purse:happy: and the sassy cowboy boots:love: I had been eyeing, got them at 15% off:bigsmile: ! Going to boss the boys this morning:tongue: , looking forward to it, need to put my tiara on today:laugh: !

Have a wonderful Sunday!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC where it`s going to 70 today:glasses: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a really fast post so I don't get too far behind

Got home around 6:30 last night. Will probably be leaving today around 8. Had to get my food ready to take with me. I'll be at the race since they close the mall. Honestly, they charge $40/per car/day so what we're going to try today is perhaps parking in the Wendy's parking lot next door which is only $20 and then after the race driving over to the mall. We noticed yesterday that they don't close the entrance to the mall.

Plano Teral - thank for the chart

yanniejannie - hope things are better with your daughter soon

DeeDee - thanks for telling me that it's supposed to be cold next week. That warms my heart :) since we're down here. Just hope it warms up when we get back.

Pat - sure hope it isn't pleurisy and something less serious. I'd much rather have a little of the real stuff (sugar) than that artificial stuff.

sue in TX - have fun with your son. I bet you were thirsty!

Rosey - glad you're better

vangela - welcome!

peachstategal - prayers

Heather - lovely pic

Vicki - the problem comes in in that you can't take the battery out of this phone! But I did go to the Verizon store here where they reset it.

jane - hope you feel better

katla - glad the test showed no new lesions. For portion control I many times make mini muffins. About 4 equals one muffin

barbie - you look so great in that pic

momsamodel - welcome. I don't have a lot of time, but I'm sure other ladies on here will answer you questions the same as I would

So sorry this is so short. I really wanted to make more comments but so many people have said my sentiments and I don't have a lot of time. Gotta go brush my teeth and off we go.

Have a great day everyone.

Michele from NC now in FL
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    going to whip up an apple cake for the DH, and get some stuff done here, sweep and wash the floors, etc...
    will check in later, the DH will be watching the Daytona 500, have fun there Michelle....
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    going to whip up an apple cake for the DH, and get some stuff done here, sweep and wash the floors, etc...
    will check in later, the DH will be watching the Daytona 500, have fun there Michelle....
    Do something nice/fun for yourself, too. :wink:
  • catsplash
    Options
    Congrats on the great weight loss! Is anyone doing a walk to run program?
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A sunny Sunday am here---to hit 60's later........happy dance, may get the bike out. Feeling a thousand % better than yesterday. I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and positive remarks........there is no other little corner of my life where I could express what I do here. I am soooo thankful for you all and do hope I return that to others adequately. DD called last night, sounding pretty normal; Fri.night she had had a semi-formal thing to attend; nothing like getting all dressed to the nines to give a girl a necessary lift. I do worry about her; she always has been biting off more than she should; usually surprises me......but it just is a matter of odds that you can't hit the mark every single time; too bad it was such a big one. Well, fingers crossed for being an alternate ; especially since we all know there was no plan B. Will try for Gwen's taxes again Monday at a different library and go earlier........and take my mom's old w/c which is still in the garage so she doesn't have to stand in line.

Heather.........I do have a couple "guided meditation" places from youtube earmarked and use them (sometimes pretty often). They do help. LOVE seeing the progress of your DGD; she is just the most adorable child---but, you already know that, I'm sure. Please keep showing us her progress!!!!

Suebdew.........It has been lovely seeing you pop in again!

peachstate.........Will keep you in my thoughts; no easy answers there. I do hope that she will agree to be moved; it's difficult to do it but necessary if against their will........state laws vary.

Vicki...........Hope you got to see Nebraska...........I've heard excellent reviews from people I know and trust for that sort of thing.

Sandy...........Excellent loss!!!!! WOW!!!

Katla..........Thrilled to hear your DH is showing stable on his MRI............that is truly wonderful news!

Anamika............Hats off to you for the half marathon...........hope training goes smoothly.

Dee Dee.............So you got those sassy cowboy boots????? Good for you!!! Did you wear them to boss the boys?

nccarol........Glad you have found a way to work on your problem and that DD is recovering. Hope you get an answer on your son and he improves.

Barbie........Thanks for the pic...........you sure look happy!!! Would love to find line dance here and try it; must watch the newspaper.

Bye for now. Hello to everyone else; I think of you guys throughout my day and many times you help me out w/o even knowing. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!!

OOPS........almost forgot---Michele--enjoy the race!!!

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • ElizabethAnneLatimer
    Options
    morning folks!

How do you get the bar at the bottom of posts? That clebrates how much you have lost?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say - WOW Barbie, you look amazing. Love the outfit!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Heather
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: You look great in your western garb. Black and red is wonderful on you.:smokin: I’m happy that you got your exercise bike fixed.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Your day sounds wonderful. I love hiking in the woods.:flowerforyou:

Momasmodel: Welcome. Log every bite and swallow and try to get plenty of exercise. There are two primary eating strategies I’ve seen here. One is portion control and the other is to abstain from trigger foods. You will eventually figure out which works best for you. It sounds like portion control is the best choice for your gourmet dinner. Good luck.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: I hope you enjoyed your time with DD and family. I’m sorry to hear that a young dog was injured at the dog park, a good event to miss. I hope the pup heals from its injuries. I have no sympathy for people who allow aggressive dogs loose with other dogs. :noway: They should pay the vet bills for the injured dog, at the very least.:angry:

Anamika: I love your advice to trust the divine to take care of things we can’t and go where we can’t go. It is good advice for all of us. Good luck with your 5K.:flowerforyou:

Heather: You and Michele are two people who bake often. I admire both of you for your ability to create treats that you don’t over indulge in eating. :flowerforyou:

DeeDee: Congratulations on a successful shopping trip. Enjoy your morning with the boys. Make sure they have their marching orders. I’d love to see a picture of you in your new boots.:flowerforyou:

Michele: I’m gradually switching away from artificial sweeteners. They’re in my diet colas and I know they aren’t good for me. I’d also rather have real sugar and smaller portions. I do not consider stevia an artificial sweetener and enjoy it in my coffee. I haven’t tried baking with it. Our next-door neighbor flew to Florida for the Daytona. His wife is enjoying some time to herself.:laugh: :wink:

Alison: You are always doing for others. I agree with Cynthia. Do something nice for yourself, too. Make a daily habit of some time or a pleasurable activity just for you. You deserve it.:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie: Best wishes for your daughter. I hope she is able to find a satisfying way to work toward her veterinary goal while waiting for admission to a school.:flowerforyou:

We went to Costco the other day for some of the things we like to buy in bulk, and grabbed a package of apples while there. We had a few still here, so I suggested to DH that we make some of them into individual cobblers in ramekins. We’re still deciding how we want to spend our day today. We can make our cobblers today, but the apples will hold until tomorrow if we decide to do something else..

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Deedee :drinker: Cowboy boots. Great way to kick up your heels.

Barbie love the outfit you look so happy.:happy:

Elizabeth Anne you go to settings. It will ask you if you want it included in your posts.

Sandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katla glad to hear DH improving. Sounds like a great day canoeing.

Sue in SD glad to hear you are taking care of you.

Amamika inspiring to compete in half marathon. Thank you for your kind words.:smile:

Peachstatgal When we went through this with DH mother and now with my mom too. We knew all the choices were lousy. We just tried to make the least lousy one for the situation. Prayers for this difficult time.:heart::flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie I have forgotten what 60 degrees looks like. Thank you for giving me hope.

Heather what a cutie-pie.

Joyce upsetting about the dogs fighting. Hopefully the people involved will get proper training for their dog. Hopefully the small dog was not too badly injured.

Momsamddel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. With the support of MFP I know I handle buffets and dinner parties differently. I go for the veggies and fruits first and allow myself smaller portions of the high calories foods. I do log those times best I can because it makes me think about what I am eating. Enjoy your dinner party. Being with family and friends is the important part to me.

Sylvia sounds like a lovely day. Great way to heal.

Staying home again today. Roads are better, still not the best. The drifts are so high it makes intersections hazardous. It is cold here for the end of Feb. Today’s high will be 15 and we will not see that high of a temp. for a week. Gives me time to read and hopefully get to a few things I have been putting off around the house.

I tried making a pancake using oatmeal today. I ground the oatmeal to a flour consistency, I added a bit of egg, baking powder (no aluminum), kefir for milk., touch of salt. For a first try it wasn’t too bad. Next time I add more kefir so the batter is thinner.
    Goal:
    Take care of myself today, so I have a healthier tomorrow.
    2014 word: contentment
    :heart:
    Margaret
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning everyone! Headed to church shortly and to sing in choir. Then home for a bit before we go to community theater to see "Noises off". It should be fun. Taking a friend from choir with us as we had an extra ticket. This evening is book club at church. Our book this month was Pilgrim at Tinker Creek. I just finished it last night. The author has an interesting view on creation and the Creator.

Anamika - Good luck on the training and 5K. Let us know how you do.

Barbie - Cute picture. I bet they did love watching and listening to the music.

DeeDee - New boots. I'm jealous!! I need to find some new riding boots this spring. My old ones are really worn out.

Right now it is sunny outside but it is supposed to snow this afternoon and this evening. Boo!!!!

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Oh my gosh Barbie, you look simply smashing! :love: What a fun thing dancing is. Lightens the bod, lightens the spirit! :bigsmile:

ElizabethAnne, :flowerforyou: the "bar" at the bottom of people's posts is called a "ticker" which you can set up by clicking on APPS in the blue bar at the top of the page, then scroll down to where it says "Weight Loss Tickers" and follow the prompts from there.

Momsamodel, :flowerforyou: one way to log foods on a "cheat" day is to guesstimate your calories, then use the "Quick Add" tool on your food page. Under each meal name there's a "Quick Tools" button specifically designed for this purpose. You won't get to see nutrients, but at least you'll see calories.

DeeDee out bossing the boys again, :devil: :laugh: Did you wear your new boots this morning? :bigsmile:

It's been an interesting couple of weeks for me, busy as all get out with work and all, but I've finally shifted gears with my personal eating "rules" and have dropped a couple of the pounds that had (Ahem) *magically* reappeared last year. :huh: I lost them once, now I'm having to lose them again....funny how that works! :blushing: I was soooo stuck, spending months fussing over it, when all of a sudden, thanks to the help of my very inspirational friends, I'm back to a losing pattern. :bigsmile: So excited!!

These are my new rules:
    >1250 calories
    >Plan meals first thing in the morning
    >Fix a protein shake to take to work on long teaching days
    >Do not eat until hungry
    >Eat mindfully
    >Limit wine to weekends only
    >Allow up to 1500 calories one weekend day
    >30 minutes Yoga and strength exercises every weekday
    >30 minutes intense cardio every weekday
    >Regular daily dog walks, twice when possible

Here's the reason it took me so long to get over the hump - I really thought I'd starve to death if I ate that little! Ha. But it's true, I didn't want to admit my body needs less fuel now. I didn't want hunger pangs pestering me, either, causing discomfort while teaching in the afternoons....problem solved by planning ahead, taking a protein shake to work. And another thing, I didn't want to take the plunge into cutting out having wine on weeknights. Such a habit. 200 precious food-calories down the hatch in 8 - 10oz of wine. :grumble: Problem solved.....drink POM & fizzy water with lime, or straight POM in a wine glass. :drinker:

At this stage of my journey it's all about problem solving. I have to step aside from my emotions and really think things through on a daily basis. Really think. And plan. And always keep in mind my oh-so-inspirational friends here that have accomplished amazing things and transformed their lives. Wow wow and wow!

Wishing everyone all the best,

:glasses: jb in foggy, soon to be sunny Portland

P.S. At least 3 times last week I stopped myself from grabbing things to eat that weren't in my food plan...chips, chocolate, extra cheese. And I carried a protein bar in my purse for days, just in case I needed it, but didn't touch it. Small victories add up to big ones! I treated myself to a box of wonderful, sugar-free, Belgian dark chocolate bars from Costco yesterday, but I know now that I can be successful with it, not overindulging, and fit it in my plan. I'm going down another pound this week, by golly! :bigsmile: