any 4'11 or 5 foot ladies out there?

Options
LydiaKO
LydiaKO Posts: 40 Member
I wanna see before and after pictures and get a general idea of how much weight I really need to lose. I was checking my BMI and it says a healthy weight is 94 lbs - 128. I think 94 is a little drastic but who knows. Also if theirs any short ladies on their weight loss journey, add me and we can do this together! Tall folks just don't understand....lol

Replies

• Yupp I'm 4'11 and my progress pic is to the left.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    5ft gal here started at 145 " .. now at 120

my before, during andafter pics ks on the left .:)
  • VeggieGal777
    VeggieGal777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft, I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey so no before and after pictures just yet! Good luck in reaching your goal.
  • hollyhobbit33
    hollyhobbit33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im 4'9.due to my disability I got up to 282.im down to 222 now. I just found out that I also have another uncurable condition and this one is caused in part by weight. So I must also get down to the low hundreds range. I just joined the site last night. Im setting my new goal as 111.
  • hollyhobbit33
    hollyhobbit33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im 4'9.due to my disability I got up to 282.im down to 222 now. I just found out that I also have another uncurable condition and this one is caused in part by weight. So I must also get down to the low hundreds range. I just joined the site last night. Im setting my new goal as 111.
  • sakurajade
    sakurajade Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I;m 4'11 and 47kgs
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    5' here - apparently my goal weight is 115 but I weigh more when I'm fitter because of muscle, so I think 125 is more realistic.
  • rianne04
    Options
    I'm 4"11 and about 110lbs at the moment but still have the belly fat to lose. I don't have before and after pictures at the moment but measurements are:

SW: 148lbs. Sz: 14/16. waist: 93cm
    CW: 110lbs. Sz: 8/10. waist: 76cm

Hope that helps! And best of luck on your health and fitness journey! :)
  • Dixie2111
    Dixie2111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Michelle and I 'm 4 foot 10 (Ive lost an inch with age! LOL) I am also in my 60's but young in mind good luck with your journey and yes, I guess someone of our height should be in the 8 stone little up little below depending on our ages/frames. :happy:
  • Dixie2111
    Dixie2111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello LydiaKO, I know I am so much older than you are, but I am young at heart and in my mind - and I do understand the weight issues with us 'petite of frame and vertically challenged' ladies.:laugh: No one understands that I need to be a certain weight either (as I was once, before I had my son and the weight gradually crept up over the years and I developed type 2 diabetes) I was never overweight as a young woman, as you will see from the photo of me on my slider and the photo of me two years ago taken at the firm's Christmas do on my profile picture, when I vowed I'd do something about losing it! Everyone at work said I looked okay in this photo, but not to me I didn't! And as soon as I said I was going to get back to my 7stone 7 or 8 stonethat I always was in my youth, everyone started saying that that was too light for me! But I know it isn't not for my height 4 foot 10 and frame. Unfortunately, I never made five foot lol I was always 4 foot 11 inches until I reached 58 when I started to lose height and have lost an inch. Anyway, Lydia, I hope I can be of some inspiration for you and give advice, if you are willing to add me as a friend. We were not designed to be heavyweights, we are the true petites! so, keep up your battle and well done! Best wishes, Michelle :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • ktbkitten
    Options
    Hello! I am 4'11 and I am once again back to lose some weight! Feel free to friend me. I am currently around 160 and I hope to get down to somewhere between 115-120. Looking back a pictures I think that is a good weight for my frame. Good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • LydiaKO
    Options
    Yay! It's nice to meet all of you! I was a little worried that I was the only shorty on this site. I have never really been in a healthy weight range according to my BMI chart and I'm just really anxious to see what I look like I guess. The smallest I've ever been (besides when I was a kid) was 130. But I've tried losing weight with friends before, all of them being 5'5 or taller and realized it is harder and a complete downer because we would lose the same amount of weight yet they would be beach body ready and I would be one step up from an oompa loompa...whatever that may be. I was once 5' but when I got pregnant with my now 2 year old son, I lost half an inch. No one understands when you're short how important that half an inch really is! I'm really so excitedto meet you all! I have no support on this side as well so I am grateful for all of you!
  • LydiaKO
    Options
    5ft gal here started at 145 " .. now at 120

my before, during andafter pics ks on the left .:)

You look amazing!! 120 seems like the perfect weight! Great job on all your hard work! :)
  • LydiaKO
    Options

Good job on your weight loss thus far!! :)
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    No pics yet, but I'm 5 ft tall.

Started at 143 pounds, went down to 108 and currently at 106 pounds (to give me some flexibility for fluctuations). For me, and this is a personal opinion, 108-113 is a very ideal range for my height. I felt good at 113, but feel even more amazing at my current weight. It varies from person to person, since we all carry our weight differently. You'll find what you're comfortable with. I went from a size 6/8 jeans to a size 00.
  • LydiaKO
    Options
    Hello LydiaKO, I know I am so much older than you are, but I am young at heart and in my mind - and I do understand the weight issues with us 'petite of frame and vertically challenged' ladies.:laugh: No one understands that I need to be a certain weight either (as I was once, before I had my son and the weight gradually crept up over the years and I developed type 2 diabetes) I was never overweight as a young woman, as you will see from the photo of me on my slider and the photo of me two years ago taken at the firm's Christmas do on my profile picture, when I vowed I'd do something about losing it! Everyone at work said I looked okay in this photo, but not to me I didn't! And as soon as I said I was going to get back to my 7stone 7 or 8 stonethat I always was in my youth, everyone started saying that that was too light for me! But I know it isn't not for my height 4 foot 10 and frame. Unfortunately, I never made five foot lol I was always 4 foot 11 inches until I reached 58 when I started to lose height and have lost an inch. Anyway, Lydia, I hope I can be of some inspiration for you and give advice, if you are willing to add me as a friend. We were not designed to be heavyweights, we are the true petites! so, keep up your battle and well done! Best wishes, Michelle :wink: :flowerforyou:

You are such an inspiration! Thank you, this is really something I needed. I've been doing good with proportions and food so far, but no one on my side is supportive..or they just don't understand and it's just very frustrating. I'm excited to go on this journey with you! I've lost my "holiday weight" so I now have 25 lbs to go...which I have ALWAYS struggled with. With you (along with these other lovely ladies) on my side, I'm almost certain I can do it now!
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"11 and about 110lbs at the moment but still have the belly fat to lose. I don't have before and after pictures at the moment but measurements are:

SW: 148lbs. Sz: 14/16. waist: 93cm
    CW: 110lbs. Sz: 8/10. waist: 76cm

Hope that helps! And best of luck on your health and fitness journey! :)
    your starting weight is exactly like mine..i am 5'0 though.. i want to get down to 100lbs but may be i am aiming more.. i think 110 would be more realistic (i am 126 now) .. i wanted to ask if you are satisfied at your weight?
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft and due to the size of my hips, I think I would look pear shaped if I weigh any less than 120
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    4'9 here, and about 89 pounds (40kg).

<--- fairly current pic and some progress pics on my profile. I don't have a 'before' pic here though. I kinda avoided photos at that stage :ohwell:

My original goal was 45kg (99/100pds), but my body decided to settle a bit lower, and I'm happy here. I'll never have a flat stomach (due to split stomach muscles), but it's all good. I rarely mention my weight to anyone as average-tall peeps just don't understand that it is a perfectly ok weight for someone my height and build. I'm definitely not skinny LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!