any 4'11 or 5 foot ladies out there?

Replies

• karenmcwilly53
    karenmcwilly53 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm 4'11 3/4" hahaha, and I pretty much started so no before or after pictures yet.
  • kozlow27
    kozlow27 Posts: 53 Member
    If you check out my profile pic that is me at 123 lbs. I am 5'1".
  • jrobinson143
    jrobinson143 Posts: 24 Member
    I just wanted to point out to all the ladies who are guessing what weight will be "perfect" for you. Keep in mind no matter what size we are (I'm 4'11") the more muscle we have on our bodies the leaner we will look. The pics i have posted as my profile pic are only about a 10lb difference but I've been really focused on gaining muscle and losing fat lately. I'm far smaller now at my current weight than ever before.
    So shorties put on some muscle!!! I promise you won't "bulk up", track your weight just to be aware but look for satisfaction in how clothes fit and how you look in your bathingsuit/underwear. :)
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    I'm 4'11 1/2" (so close to 5"!). I weighed 102 for years, and felt great there. I had 4 babies, and was always able to get back down to 102-104 after each pregnancy. Then I had #5... Such a sweet boy, I don't regret it at all! But my body decided to revolt. I'm still struggling to lose the "baby weight" and my "baby" is almost 7. Ugh! Anyway, I'm currently right around 146, and my goal is 108. In my quest to lose weight, I started exercising, and discovered I love to be strong. I'm going to evaluate how I feel at 118, then go from there. I may never get back down to my high school/wedding day/pre-baby weight, but I am so much stronger than what I was back then. Good luck with your goal!
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    4'11 shorty here! Starting weight was 198 and currently jumping from 138-143. Im curious, since most of the gals responding on here are shorties, how many calories are you all eating? I eat 1200 to lose weight. However, I have been stuck for a long time. People say "EAT MORE EAT MORE"...But does our tiny bodies really need more calories? Would like input on what works and doesnt work for you all. Add me, message me...etc xoxoxo :flowerforyou:
  • GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Hello,
    My name is Angela and i am 4'11" well 4' 10.5" as i also shrunk after the birth of my daughter!!! I used to be 95lbs and was quite skinny but still healthy, I slowly went up to 160lbs over the course of 10 years or so. When I got pregnant I went up to 205lbs. I am now at 152lbs but my goal is to reach 115lbs and go from there. Per my doctor a healthy weight for my age (currently 33) and height would be between 95-115lbs so I am aiming for the high end of that scale and go from there. I do find it much harder being short as it seems a tall person could gain 5lbs and no one would even notice but if a short person gained 5lbs it looks like 15!!!! and everyone notices :) I just keep pluggin away i tend to do really well during the week and blow it on the week-end. I find planning in advance is very helpful. I just started a St. Paddy's day challenge so hopefully that will helpkeep me accountable!!! Good luck with your weight loss goals and if you would like you can add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • rose8732
    rose8732 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi;
    I am 5-5'1' female I am basing my eating plan on a 1400 calories. My weight was approx 185lbs size 18+ in clothes - for right now aiming for 150lbs or size 14 in clothes.

I am just taking it on how I feel and look, just get healthy.

My case is a bit different as I am in a wheelchair so can't weight myself but I base it on measurements, which I try to do every week.

So far i've lost 1'' off my waist and firmed my arms up a bit.

If you want to add me, you can..more support encouragment is great for everyone. :smile:
  • Hello,

I'm 4'11" 1/2 (That 1/2 means a lot :wink: )
    I'm just starting this journey (for real this time..I've started many times but never kept up)
    My start weight was 166.
    I've set my first goal weight at 145, but my ultimate goal weight between 115-120, with room for adjustment of course.
    Can't share any real success stories yet....but can't wait until the day I can. :glasses:
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    I just wanted to point out to all the ladies who are guessing what weight will be "perfect" for you. Keep in mind no matter what size we are (I'm 4'11") the more muscle we have on our bodies the leaner we will look. The pics i have posted as my profile pic are only about a 10lb difference but I've been really focused on gaining muscle and losing fat lately. I'm far smaller now at my current weight than ever before.
    So shorties put on some muscle!!! I promise you won't "bulk up", track your weight just to be aware but look for satisfaction in how clothes fit and how you look in your bathingsuit/underwear. :)

This is what I'm hoping for! I'm super excited to try and I can't until I get proper equipment :D
  • I'm 4ft 11 ????
  • kimemeki
    kimemeki Posts: 11 Member
    This is a great question I have been struggling with myself. I'm only 4' 6 and at my heaviest I was 118. My hubby suggests 95lbs as my goal weight I'm not sure how that would look either and then where would I buy clothes??? I already can't fit anything as it is I can't imagine myself 10-15lbs lighter. I'm at 107 right now I just want my strength back, to be more toned (loss the belly) and physically fit all around. I didn't have much luck finding an appropriate calorie goal anywhere online or talking to my doctor and have just been going up and down between 105-115 for the last few years. Finally, when I hit 118 I decided it was time to change something drastic (I never even weighed that much pregnant). I switched to intermittent fasting which allowed me to actually eat full meals and get down to the 1200 calories or so recommended on most calculators without feeling hungry and skipping dinner with the family. Finally, my weight started to budge in the right direction. Then I did a semi juice cleanse detox sort of thing which felt great. Finally, I really ramped up my workouts to twice a day because I wanted to drop the weight and see results quickly to motivate me to keep going and not lose all the progress I had already made.I also increased my cardio to two sessions one in the morning and one in the evening, added my weight training and a sauna session as my treat in the morning! Now, I have a bit more of an appetite so I do less intermittent fasting and count my macros really focusing on my protein intake. I've only been counting my macros a few days and I was closer to 2000 calories the first couple of days but I still lost another lb this week, I'm not hungry and I feel great :) I haven't posted any before and after pictures yet but I will soon. You can also find me on Instagram @k_fittt.
  • Hi I'm smidgeon under 5" and currently weigh 8st 13lbs which is 125lbs- would like to get down to 100. Starting this today as have 3 weddings this year and sick of looking at photos and hating how I look in them!!
  • Yay! SHorties!! I am 4' 11".. my weight has been all over the place but i joined MFP to finally loose these extra pounds.

HW: 155
    SW: 138
    LW: 126
    CW: 133
    GW: 100

My sister is 4' 11" as well except she is 101 pounds. She's tiny but carries the weight well. Since we have the same frame size I figure I would look good at that weight too. I am sticking to 1200 to 1300 calories a day. Workout 4-5 days a week and so far so good. Going very slow bur steady!!
  • Jbheart77
    Jbheart77 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey peeps good to meet the short crew it seriously is a different animal for us.
    At my lowest in High school I was a size 4 and around 110 lbs. As the years went on I gained. Had a binge eating disorder and was in a unhealthy food centered relationship. The good news my highest I gather was 172 but after we broke up I saved 10lbs just by being in a better place mentally. I stated working out for really last summer and shaved even more off my body and well I am now currently hovering at 139. My goal is to be 115 but really my ultimate goal is to fit into a size 4 jean again. I wear a range of sizes now depending on the company I gather I am a 10 or a really tight 8. I have about 25lbs or 30 if size four is at 110.

Hope ya'' continue to rock it if you want you can friend me here of you can go on my tumblr page I find tumblr very inspiring for fitbl and healthblr to see what people eat or train. I am very visual. When I am not swamped I actually update it fitness wise or reblog cool things or my own posts for helping people learn self care.
    http://goforthbeawesome.tumblr.com/

Hugs to all and good luck shorties.
    Jen
  • 4'11 shorty here! Starting weight was 198 and currently jumping from 138-143. Im curious, since most of the gals responding on here are shorties, how many calories are you all eating? I eat 1200 to lose weight. However, I have been stuck for a long time. People say "EAT MORE EAT MORE"...But does our tiny bodies really need more calories? Would like input on what works and doesnt work for you all. Add me, message me...etc xoxoxo :flowerforyou:

I am also 4' 11" and trying to get down to 100 lbs (long term) and yes eating more may help you break your plateu! I am eating around 1340 and I am currently 131.4 and loosing about 6 lbs/month... i used the IIFYM calculator and ive had good results so far... I set mine to 25% fat loss and I exercise 4 days/week. Because that already incluses exercise I eat all my 1340 calories.. regardless if i exercise or not. I only use MFP to track calories and macros.

I think if you started eating 100 calories more you would start to loose more weight.. you look great BTW!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    4ft 11<<~<~????
  • Hi, I am 4'10" and weigh 145 pounds. People are surprised that I weigh that much, but I also think I have muscles from doing CrossFit for a year (at least that is what I'm hoping). Reading all these comments gives me hope to get to an ideal weight as I am in the obese category on BMI.

Anyone can add me as a friend.
  • keke0904
    keke0904 Posts: 28 Member
    im 4'11'' my starting weight was 160 and now im at 144. i started january 1st and i cant believe the results so fast! ill have to post pics later.
  • pbandalyssa
    pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
    5'0" over here and progress pic is on left as well as in this post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1237665-finally-the-home-stretch-5-0-210-lbs-to-120-pics
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    I am 5 foot and when I started I was 129 and I am now 118. I am still in the process of losing weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!