any 4'11 or 5 foot ladies out there?

Options

Replies

• lorfuent21
    lorfuent21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm 5'0, petite frame, and have hit a plateau in my weight loss. Highest weight has been 117, starting weight was 114 and currently weighing in at 108-109 for the past few weeks. I'd like to be 105. I eat around 1200 calories, give or take, during the week and find that I tend to sabotage my efforts on the weekend. I'm happy with my progress since my jeans seem to fit better but I have some problem areas (stomach, thighs) that I would like to see go down in size.

Looking for friends with similar goals for motivation as well as to see what they're eating.
  • maddy93x
    maddy93x Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft! Currently 2.5 months into my weight loss journey. So I started out weight 146lb and now I weigh 126lb. Okay so I lost 20lb but no one around me can tell a difference... :/.
    What would you guys say is a good weight goal for a 5ft person? I had some sessions with a health advisor and they said according to your height you should not be below 110. Is this true?
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' as well and my goal is 115lb. I don't think I can do any lower than that because I want this to be something I can maintain
  • Kendra_003
    Kendra_003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I m 5 foot and needing to lose 50 pounds!

Add me if yall want :) Us short girls can motivate each other!!
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oops!
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'! Sorry about the stars and undies lol

SW: 128
    CW: 120
    GW: 105-114

99a36128-54be-4c36-a9ef-78a683ab3ab5.jpg
    Wow! It's crazy how big of a difference 8lbs makes on us short people! I'm 132 at the moment and want to get down to 120. You're results are awesome, what have you been doing if you don't mind me asking?
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". SW was 142, CW at 120. GW is 115 lbs. Hoping to get there by summer? The 5 lbs are the hardest !!!
  • jesyfm
    jesyfm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11, but if you ask the Wii Fit it'll say I'm 5'0 - and if you ask my Dr she'll say 4'10 (I refuse to believe that!)

SW 190
    CW 187
    GW 115 or so

My 'lowest' last time I dieted was 140lbs but that was before I went to university and discovered Papa John's! Now I'm serious...and desperate!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 4'10" and weigh 145 pounds. People are surprised that I weigh that much, but I also think I have muscles from doing CrossFit for a year (at least that is what I'm hoping). Reading all these comments gives me hope to get to an ideal weight as I am in the obese category on BMI.

Anyone can add me as a friend.

I know! when I tell my friends I'm 135 and need to lose at least 15-20 pounds they are like but you are only 135! um hello...I'm like 5-8 inches shorter than yall (my friends). I'm only 4'9.5! and i hold it all in my legs and butt. so yes, us gaining 5-10 pounds is like 20-30 for "average" height people.

I'm looking for mor shorty friends so please add me if you want!
  • becoming88
    becoming88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gosh! This thread is making me rethink my GW. I'm a smidge under 5'2" and currently 157.4, SW of 162 (just started this month). I've had four babies and had big boobs (C cups) even when I was 113 pounds in high school, and I looked almost sickly at that weight, and kinda like a bobblehead lol. My GW is 130 pounds, which would put me in the healthy BMI category. I am a size 4 at 130 pounds, so I must carry my weight very differently than a lot of you. I don't think it's even possible for me to ever weigh 100 pounds! Any shorties with slightly higher GWs?

Oh, and I TOTALLY agree about a gain/loss of 5-10 pounds feeling/looking like 20 pounds! It is amazing what a 5-pound loss does for my short little torso :)
  • molliewallner
    Options
    I'm 5' and about 155 pounds. This is the most I have ever weighed and I am 5ish days into really hardcore watching what I eat. People definitely don't understand the difference between someone short and someone average height or taller. 5 pounds on them may be nothing, but 5 pounds on me....daaang. Good luck! I am hoping to get to 115....but I haven't been that weight since high school! lol

Oh, and anyone add me!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Gosh! This thread is making me rethink my GW. I'm a smidge under 5'2" and currently 157.4, SW of 162 (just started this month). I've had four babies and had big boobs (C cups) even when I was 113 pounds in high school, and I looked almost sickly at that weight, and kinda like a bobblehead lol. My GW is 130 pounds, which would put me in the healthy BMI category. I am a size 4 at 130 pounds, so I must carry my weight very differently than a lot of you. I don't think it's even possible for me to ever weigh 100 pounds! Any shorties with slightly higher GWs?

Oh, and I TOTALLY agree about a gain/loss of 5-10 pounds feeling/looking like 20 pounds! It is amazing what a 5-pound loss does for my short little torso :)

My goal weight is around 115 and I'm 5'1.5". I currently weight around 121 and started at 126. I weighed between 95 and 100 lbs. in high school and college, and I was a stick and flat as a board. On some women, particularly fit medium build women, 100 lbs is too low. If I weighed that little, I'd have no boobs or butt. When you get to 130, see how you look and feel about your body
  • mariai_martinez
    mariai_martinez Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I am 5'1" and when I started on my own Dec. 2012, I was 176. I just started using my fitness pal on Wednesday 4/2 so my starting weight 146.6, CW 144, GL 120'ish (depends on how I look & feel). I have already lost 2.6lbs in just tracking my intake, I am so excited.

Please feel free to add me. :)
  • ShannonLeggo
    Options
    I am 5 foot tall.
    Short people have it bad because you can literally see any extra lbs gained. (Or I can see it on my self anyway)
    Before kids I weighed 107 lbs, I had meat on my bones but I was happy.
    Fast-forward 4 babies later and I am sitting here at 165 lbs even.
    I am really self conscious now, but WHEN I lose the 55 lbs that I want to lose, I will post a before and after :)

I JUST started my journey on April 1st. Ive never been more motivated than I am right now!
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 on a good day ;-) I have always struggled with my weight, even as a little girl. My starting weight was my heaviest and it was that moment I realized there could no longer be an yoyo dieting for me. It had to be a lifestyle. I have restarted and have really been tracking since last week. My SW was 175, my current weight is 172. My first goal is to get to 165. I am making small steps otherwise I will get deflated and lose the motivation. Add me if you'd like. I'm always open to having more shorties on my friends list.
  • jam34jam
    jam34jam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CWonder003
    CWonder003 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11", and right now am around 115-118 depending on the time of the month (ugh!).

My ideal weight is around 100 lbs.

It really depends on your body type. I tend to have more muscle than most people, even when I don't lift weights. I also gain muscle easily. So, me at 100lbs looks very thin. Other people my height look better around 95lbs. My mother was 85-90 lbs all of my childhood, and she is an inch taller than me, but she is very small-framed and a "thin/wispy" body type. I would not be able to go under 90 without being unhealthy.
  • AlissonLo
    AlissonLo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 4"11 before kids I weighed between 100 - 105. After my second chid I started packing up

SW 185 -- Size 14
    CW 172.5 -- Size 12
    GW 120

Feel free to add me
  • HCG73
    HCG73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5' and currently weight 136lb. My sw was 140lb. My first aim is 125lb and then 110lb.

However I don't want to lose weight at the expense of muscle, so I'm making sure I go to the gym/swim/do a class/use xbox fitness regularly to maintain muscle and hopefully just lose fat (thighs, tum please!).

As a result I'm also logging some body measurements weekly.

MFP allows me 1230 cals per day, which I stick to near enough - I don't beat myself up if I go over, tomorrow is another day.

If you're in a similar position, please feel free to add my as a friend.

Good luck fellow petite ladies!
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am 5"0'.

SW: 260
    CW: 240
    GW: 150
    UGW: 135

I have no desire to be "thin." I am very happy as a size 10/12.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!