any 4'11 or 5 foot ladies out there?

Replies

• chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    5'0 right here! My numbers prove what can be done!
  • CookieEmporium
    CookieEmporium Posts: 74 Member
    I'm 4'11" and am 123, wearing a size 2 (US). When I'm 10 lbs less (like I was a year ago) I could easily fit into a size 0 (is that REALLY a size? What the heck happened to women's pants sizes in the last 15 years?!). At that weight though I still had 24% body fat and far from enough muscle, so, this time around I'm hoping to lose fat and gain muscle and not care TOO much what the scale says to some degree at least.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    I'm 4'11" 98lbs. I'm thin, but I still have some fat on my thighs and booty, and I like it there well enough :) so this is a pretty good weight for me.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    I'm 4'10.5" and went from about 165 (I don't have any before pics uploaded yet....sorry) to about 97 pounds and then back up to 112 or so.

At 97 pounds I still had some flab around the arms and thighs but was considered skinny. I would have needed to lose a few more to resemble an ideal figure but I already felt too thin at that point, what with the cold intolerance and hunger. At some point the genetics of fat distribution will set limits on how good or bad a person can look at a certain weight. And one needs to find a weight that can be comfortably maintained.

I regained about to about 114 and noticed a lot of excess fat appearing around the lower stomach, upper back and thighs on those last few pounds. I would not recommend that weight for a person of my height unless they have a lot of muscle.

I used to ask the weight of my short friends in college, the ones around 5'. One was 92 lbs (she did not look underweight), two were 97 to 103, and one fluctuated from 103 to 108. None of these girls looked anorexic, they just had healthy figures.
  • LydiaKO
    LydiaKO Posts: 40 Member
    My entire family is big so no matter what I think I will be fairly big I feel like once I'm down to 125, I'm going to get rid of my scale. I'm really concerned about being healthy mainly, If I look good and feel good, the number is unimportant. I just don't want to be like the rest of my family, it's a "curse" I just need to overcome. My great grandma was bed ridden from her weight, my grandmother is about 250, mother is about the same, sisters are about the same or getting there but they're all also fairly tall. Me being the youngest, shortest, and smallest, I actually have a chance to get out of this. I don't want to be diabetic like them, I already had massive gallstones and had my gallbladder removed from our unhealthy lifestyle and although it's delicious, it's just not worth it. Thankfully I've inspired my mom and one of my sisters to lose weight so now I hope we can keep this going on together.
  • LydiaKO
    Very valid points, all that matters is how you carry it and how you feel. But can I just point out how amazing your ticker is? Theirs a whovolution going on and I love it!
  • LydiaKO
    I'm 4'10.5" and went from about 165 (I don't have any before pics uploaded yet....sorry) to about 97 pounds and then back up to 112 or so.

At 97 pounds I still had some flab around the arms and thighs but was considered skinny. I would have needed to lose a few more to resemble an ideal figure but I already felt too thin at that point, what with the cold intolerance and hunger. At some point the genetics of fat distribution will set limits on how good or bad a person can look at a certain weight. And one needs to find a weight that can be comfortably maintained.

I regained about to about 114 and noticed a lot of excess fat appearing around the lower stomach, upper back and thighs on those last few pounds. I would not recommend that weight for a person of my height unless they have a lot of muscle.

I used to ask the weight of my short friends in college, the ones around 5'. One was 92 lbs (she did not look underweight), two were 97 to 103, and one fluctuated from 103 to 108. None of these girls looked anorexic, they just had healthy figures.

Very valid points, all that matters is how you carry it and how you feel. But can I just point out how amazing your ticker is? Theirs a whovolution going on and I love it!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Heyoooo!

5'0"
    Starting weight: 138
    Current weight: 108
    Goal weight: 106/Look good naked/ 15% bf, whichever comes first

I eat 1800-2000 cals a day, and lift heavy weights 5 x week
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Oh hai! That's me!

I'm 5'1 and 110ish (don't weigh as often in maintenance mode) started at 141. Don't have many pictures up, but <
    that's me. Currently lifting and trying to sculpt out my arms and belly.

I aim for about 1700 cals, and lift 3x a week.
  • naeyha1
    naeyha1 Posts: 15 Member
    Hey Girl, Im 5'2 and currently 154 lbs. i lost 10 lbs since i started this. My goal weight is 120 lbs which is about 54.4 kgs. thats what my weight was 3 years ago but I still felt i was a little big. My upper body is in good shape but i got huge hips and thighs, i guess its cuz of that i wanna go down to 114 lbs. When i see pics of girls my height with skinny legs they weigh around 105 to 110.. I think thats too low, so im going to try to be in between. So glad to see so many shorties on here though. SHORT IS SEXY!!!!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Heyoooo!

5'0"
    Starting weight: 138
    Current weight: 108
    Goal weight: 106/Look good naked/ 15% bf, whichever comes first

I eat 1800-2000 cals a day, and lift heavy weights 5 x week
    :flowerforyou: We have the same goal! :) Can I ask how long it took you to get to where you are now? I'm not a clean eater. I should probably cut my sugar back, and I try to stay at a deficit. ~1500 cal/day. I'm currently doing RI30, then I'll figure something else out.
  • naeyha1
    naeyha1 Posts: 15 Member
    Im 5'2 and my current calorie intake is 1260 with 1.5 lbs loss/week. i loose somewhere between 1-1.5 each week. I also do 40 min exercise 5/week.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Hi! 5 footer here and new to the boards!

Started weight loss journey in October 2013
    Starting weight: 125-127ish
    Current weight: 117
    GW: 105?? (Depends on how I look and feel)

I eat around 1400-1500 calories a day. I try to eat clean, but still allow myself treats.

I can't afford a gym membership, so I make do with workout dvds (Jillian Michaels) and a lot of walking. I plan on running once the weather gets nicer outside. I'm going to try and get creative with bodyweight exercises too, since I don't have access to heavy weights. I really want to try it one day, though! Good luck to everyone! :)
  • ilybilmm
    ilybilmm Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, I'm 5'! Sorry about the stars and undies lol

SW: 128
    CW: 120
    GW: 105-114

99a36128-54be-4c36-a9ef-78a683ab3ab5.jpg
  • boxerdogsamy
    boxerdogsamy Posts: 13 Member
    4'11" , 40 years old. I haven't weighed myself in a week but last weigh in was 147lbs. I had a beautiful baby boy 7 months ago and am DETERMINED to be down to at least 120lbs before returning to work in June. My goal weight is 105 - 110 though. I am currently doing Body Revolution with Jillian Michaels, on weeks 7 & 8 and doing interval training on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day to increase my endurance. I have registered for an event in Ottawa the end of May called Mud hero. Finding the process a little slow going but I'm sticking with it.
  • salentina26
    salentina26 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there. I'm 56 years old and I'm 5'1, current weight is 59kgs. Starting was 61kgs 3 weeks ago, the most I've ever weighed, so very early days. Target weight is 54kgs. It may change when I reach my goal, but have no desire to go back to 48kgs of my youth! lol! The important thing for me is to have a healthy weight I can actually maintain. I go to the gym 4 times a week and with MFP managing the calories quite well so far.

Good luck everyone!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    I'm 5 1 and you cant go off of bmi at all. My friend and I are the exact same height , she has a very light and delicate frame while I am much stockier with broader shoulders. We are both 5 1 and there is easily 20 to a 25 lb difference between us. i would look unhealthy if i was ever as light as she is.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    :smile: Bump to look through later.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    I'm 4'11", almost 34 year old mom of 2. Started out at 223 lbs & am currently around 130 (I haven't weighed myself for awhile). I reached my goal weight of 109 (and went as low as 103), but have gained back some due it vacation/holidays/injury/surgery.
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    I'm 4'11". 27 years old. I started at 269 (about 4 years ago) and am down to 205 now. I'm planning on getting down to 120-125. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!