any 4'11 or 5 foot ladies out there?

Options

Replies

• Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, am just a smidge under 5ft and currently 107lbs, my goals is 100lbs but can comfortably now fit in a UK dress size 8. Problem now is my belly is wobbly. I think once I get to 100lb I will stop weighing as I need to tone up and think maybe I will gain muscle weight so don't want to be too worried about the scales as long as things stop wobbling! May I ask how many calories u girls eat? It's difficult for us 'pint size' people as I found I can't eat as much as my buddies! Good luck everyone with ur plights, all have done very well so far!
  • LydiaKO
    LydiaKO Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    4'9 here, and about 89 pounds (40kg).

<--- fairly current pic and some progress pics on my profile. I don't have a 'before' pic here though. I kinda avoided photos at that stage :ohwell:

My original goal was 45kg (99/100pds), but my body decided to settle a bit lower, and I'm happy here. I'll never have a flat stomach (due to split stomach muscles), but it's all good. I rarely mention my weight to anyone as average-tall peeps just don't understand that it is a perfectly ok weight for someone my height and build. I'm definitely not skinny LOL

I understand completely. I have barely any pictures besides my face for before, but every time I say I want to be around 95 -115 I get told ew...are you trying to be anorexic or something? And I'm just like...do you guys forget I'm 4'11 1/2? But harsh words and judgements definitely come with any weight size. I'm also cursed to be in a big chested family so idek if my weight goals are even realistic for my build.
  • LydiaKO
    Options
    Hi ladies, am just a smidge under 5ft and currently 107lbs, my goals is 100lbs but can comfortably now fit in a UK dress size 8. Problem now is my belly is wobbly. I think once I get to 100lb I will stop weighing as I need to tone up and think maybe I will gain muscle weight so don't want to be too worried about the scales as long as things stop wobbling! May I ask how many calories u girls eat? It's difficult for us 'pint size' people as I found I can't eat as much as my buddies! Good luck everyone with ur plights, all have done very well so far!

What I would do to weigh 107! But my calorie intake is 1200 calories a day. And only more when I do loads of cardio. Even then I still can't eat that many more.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options

What I would do to weigh 107! But my calorie intake is 1200 calories a day. And only more when I do loads of cardio. Even then I still can't eat that many more.

I have put my cals to 1100 and try to stick with that in the week, if I want to eat more I work out a bit but at the weekend I eat and drink what I want. It seems to work ok for me but I understand this isn't for everyone. I am curious about other shortie's cal intake?
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft. Currently 153lbs want to get down to somewhere in between 130-140 since I'm rather muscly and don't want to lose any muscles! So no progress pics yet.
    Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • lyssa0301
    lyssa0301 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 5'! I don't have pictures yet cause Im just re-starting my weightless journey but I would like some more friends! Add me :)
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, am just a smidge under 5ft and currently 107lbs, my goals is 100lbs but can comfortably now fit in a UK dress size 8. Problem now is my belly is wobbly. I think once I get to 100lb I will stop weighing as I need to tone up and think maybe I will gain muscle weight so don't want to be too worried about the scales as long as things stop wobbling! May I ask how many calories u girls eat? It's difficult for us 'pint size' people as I found I can't eat as much as my buddies! Good luck everyone with ur plights, all have done very well so

What I would do to weigh 107! But my calorie intake is 1200 calories a day. And only more when I do loads of cardio. Even then I still can't eat that many
    {quote}
    I have put my cals to 1100 and try to stick with that in the week, if I want to eat more I work out a bit but at the weekend I eat and drink what I want. It seems to work ok for me but I understand this isn't for everyone. I am curious about other shortie's cal intake?
    [/quote]

Hi I'm 5'1" and 122 lbs. I eat between 1600 and 2100 calories a day. I am fairly active though. I am on my feet all day at work and I run 3 days a week and strength train 3 days a week. I have been losing 1/2 to 1 lb a week. It's starting to slow down now that I only need to lose about 10 lbs now. Good luck to everyone in reaching their goals.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options

I do a couple of different types of Intermittent Fasting now that I am in maintenance (it depends on what day it is, and how much exercise I'm planning on doing), but I generally eat anywhere from 1500-2000+.

I lift weights 3x a week and fit cardio in when I can (just simple stuff like walking, running & swimming). My job isn't a desk job either. I work from home and although I spend a reasonable amount of time on the computer or in the studio, there's always something to be done elsewhere in the house, and I have stairs. I must walk up and down those silly things at least 50x a day LOL

When I was losing weight, I did 5:2 (I was interested in it's effects on insulin resistance etc), and simply minimised calories twice a week and ate up to my TDEE the rest of the time. I did have to adjust what I ate though - I try not to have too much added sugar, processed carbs etc - mostly because I was pre-diabetic and have PCOS, so I needed to fiddle with things for a while to get the right balance for me. So I pretty much eat lots and lots of veges, meat, nuts and eggs.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" I find it's hard to lose because it takes so few calories to maintain a healthy weight for someone my size, so I either have to seriously cut calories (below 1000 a day) or be patient and settle for weight loss of .5 a lb. or less a week. Also, 5-10 lbs. looks like a 20-25 gain on someone else.
  • s4naz
    s4naz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft. Currently 153lbs want to get down to somewhere in between 130-140 since I'm rather muscly and don't want to lose any muscles! So no progress pics yet.

We are the same height and have the same CW and GW!

I actually went down from 170 but fell off the wagon the last few months...
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    @lydia.

Thanks! I'm currently setting my new goal to get down at 112.

Hopefully I can do it. :D
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    @lydia.

Thanks! I'm currently setting my new goal to get down at 112.

Hopefully I can do it. :D.

By the way..
    good luck on your weight loss journey^_^
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    No pics yet, but I'm 5 ft tall.

Started at 143 pounds, went down to 108 and currently at 106 pounds (to give me some flexibility for fluctuations). For me, and this is a personal opinion, 108-113 is a very ideal range for my height. I felt good at 113, but feel even more amazing at my current weight. It varies from person to person, since we all carry our weight differently. You'll find what you're comfortable with. I went from a size 6/8 jeans to a size 00.

Hi, Im setting a new goal on losing another 8-10 pounds.

just wanna ask, what is your calorie intake to go down at 107? Do u eat 1300 if youre sedentary or active?

any others here? Im interested in knowing your calorie intakes too. lol. I am soooo curious!
  • loddie26
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11
  • LydiaKO
    Options

We are the same height and have the same CW and GW!

I actually went down from 170 but fell off the wagon the last few months...

You both are my weight twins! Kinda lol. I say I'm 5ft usually my SW was 160 CW is 150 and GW is 125
  • ghunter1
    ghunter1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm bang on 5ft, 27 years old and am currently 112lb, I want to get back to 102 - 105 which is what I was before I had my son. I eat around 1200 calories a day but sometimes a little less and work out 4 - 5 times a week at the gym (30 mins interval cardio, resistance - I love kettlebell training!) I also have a horse so I ride 4 - 5 times a week as well.

I am never hungry and try and eat as clean as possible but I allow my self the odd treat, I also eat wholemeal pasta a couple of times a week for lunch but only 50g. I also drink 2 litres of water every day and the only other drink I drink is green tea.

I have lost 10lb so far (in 5 weeks) and I feel so much healthier, starting to see my abs now! I never eat my exercice calories back.
  • eephant
    Options
    I am 4'11 and looking to get around 100lbs. My highest weight was 148lbs last April. Now I am 115lbs and I've never felt better. But I have problems with not eating enough. I can't help it because I just am not often hungry but its kind of.scaring me
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    4'11 but I lie and say 5 ft! Its just mean we're grown ups & under 5 ft! :tongue:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    5'0" here!

Have kept a myfitnesspal blog with photos of my progress:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sparlingo
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    5'0 and yes what the bmi say we should be at is kinda crazy so i'm just going for what i want to be at.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!