need some help from pervy looks!

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Can we clarify what a "pervy look" is?

I just want to make sure I'm doing it right when I objectify a hot guy.
  • DancingJester
    DancingJester Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is what I don't understand about women. You exercise and train to look sexy, drss sexy, show cleavage and then complain about getting "PERVY LOOKS" I disunderstand the whole concept of wanting to look, dress and feel sexy only to have guys NOT look at you. Help me understand!

Am I wrong for not understanding or am I misunderstanding what kind of help the OP is asking for?

I don’t have a problem with guys looking at me (some women might) I actually am quite flattered when I guy obviously likes how I look. I look at guys I find attractive and I’m no hypocrite. However when you get the shouting in the street and gazing at nothing but your boobs and legs its really uncomfortable. I’m sick of guys saying well they’re asking for it if they dress nice, like looking nice gives a guy some kind of ticket to instantly see a woman as noting more than an object. (and its not just girls with ludicrously short skits or low cut tops either).
    I spent an entire train journey with some guy looking at my boobs (I didn’t even have cleavage showing that day) he had a boner and didn’t even bother covering it up.
    Imagine spending 30 minutes with some creepy looking girt look at nothing but your D*ck (If she’s just talking about looks then it doesn’t really bother me but this is what I call purvey)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question.

Pretty much this.

As my body has gotten better, my clothes have gotten tighter, and my *kitten* wiggles more than ever. If I DON'T get a least one pervy look each time I'm out it's classified as a FAIL.

You're hot, guys want to check you out. Maybe even some girls. Enjoy it!

Ohai! (pervy look) Love your outfit. Keep up the good work!

:blushing: Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Can we clarify what a "pervy look" is?

I just want to make sure I'm doing it right when I objectify a hot guy.

x2
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are wondering why you are wearing such baggy clothes? I think you need some self confidence. And yeah, if I don't get atleast one pervy look a day, I'm not doing something right. I guess if you don't want it, just flip 'em off.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    This is what I don't understand about women. You exercise and train to look sexy, drss sexy, show cleavage and then complain about getting "PERVY LOOKS" I disunderstand the whole concept of wanting to look, dress and feel sexy only to have guys NOT look at you. Help me understand!

Am I wrong for not understanding or am I misunderstanding what kind of help the OP is asking for?

Men look, women know it...and you can accomplish this without be pervy...maybe it's your snowboard....next caller...

Whatever .. this isn't about me or me giving "pervy" looks to women. I responded to the original question out of not understanding why men are considered pervy for looking at an attractive woman and why their looks at women are categorized as perverted.
    I'm gonna have to take a little time to figure out where a snow board fits into this debate, though.. Like Arnold said, "I'll be back."
  • neenorROAR
    Options

Maybe the OP, like many women out there, works out and dresses for herself rather than to be leered at? Just because a woman looks good, or wants to look good, doesn't make her automatically the property of men to be treated like a lump of meat. Men aren't animals, after all.
  • SeriousBen
    SeriousBen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Men aren't animals, after all.

What are we then? Plants?
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Check out Jenna Marbles on youtube and learn how to do the 'face' when someone looks at u, throw them 'the face' they'll stop perving at u, guaranteed!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    No to all of this. The reality is that you were always getting looks. You just now feel good enough about yourself to interpret them as "Hey, I wanna shag her" looks, whereas before you assumed everyone who looked at you was judging you. And that's if you even allowed yourself to notice them at all. Perception is reality.

This sounds accurate to me.

What actually qualifies as a "pervy look" anyway?
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Check out Jenna Marbles on youtube and learn how to do the 'face' when someone looks at u, throw them 'the face' they'll stop perving at u, guaranteed!

Ditto... love Jenna Marbles. :laugh: :drinker:
  • SeriousBen
    SeriousBen Posts: 41 Member
    Options

That's what I found:

HslSRlV.jpg

Needless to say, I'd still look at her :D
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Yeah, I don't look sexy for anyone but myself. If somebody wants to appreciate my appearance, that's nice, more power to them --I really don't care what they think though. What I care about is obviously being stared at and comments that extend way beyond a nice compliment into creepy territory.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options

Maybe the OP, like many women out there, works out and dresses for herself rather than to be leered at? Just because a woman looks good, or wants to look good, doesn't make her automatically the property of men to be treated like a lump of meat. Men aren't animals, after all.
    If you think for a minute I'm going to believe that women do all the above so they can look at themselves in a mirror and say, you go girl, looking good. Or, women do all the above to be able to feel good wearing eye candy clothing because it's more comfortable. I don't wear yoga attire but I would think a hoodie and sweat pants would be more comfortable than stretch to fit clothing that magnifies every curved feature of a persons body..
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I thought most women, post weight loss, with newfound body confidence, wanted to turn heads and be appealing to the opposite sex. Many NSV posts are directly correlated to this. I don't get it. It's basic human DNA. The human male is predisposed to looking for a human female. The brain (most times the tiny one hidden in the jeans) is constatnly searching for the mate to procreate with, as part of basic human desire. Men are finding you attractive and checking you out, upsets you. I promise, if by chance I ever pass you on the street, I will close my eyes.
    I think I agree with you in general terms, but for ignoring homosexuality entirely.

Also, just because it's true for most women doesn't mean it's true for the OP. She doesn't need to justify her feelings for them to be nevertheless valid.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    No to all of this. The reality is that you were always getting looks. You just now feel good enough about yourself to interpret them as "Hey, I wanna shag her" looks, whereas before you assumed everyone who looked at you was judging you. And that's if you even allowed yourself to notice them at all. Perception is reality.

This sounds accurate to me.

What actually qualifies as a "pervy look" anyway?

One that lasts too long. One that focuses somewhere other than face.

Really, it shouldn't be hard to figure out -- when you are obviously making somebody uncomfortable.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I totally mis-read this. I thought you wanted help with giving pervy looks. My bad, I was going to give you sooooooo many pointers!

Best of luck to you with keeping people from not giving pervy looks. If you master that skill, please fill me in on how to stop people from doing what they want.

IMO, you should just shake it a little more when someone is perving on you (just keep your keys positioned in between your fingers for quick stabs if needed) :wink:
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options

That's what I found:

HslSRlV.jpg

Needless to say, I'd still look at her :D

Lol, Jenna is not quite looking her best in that pic. I can't put the link for some reason but the vid is called 'how to avoid talking to people when you don't want to' it's a classic!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh: :huh:

How you doin'?!?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I've lost some weight and noticed a few glances from the opposite sex but cannot help but still feel self concious! i cannot stand these looks as i wear baggy clothes and still get these looks. is there a mantra you use or some self help book ..?

Why are you using the term 'pervy' in your thread title? And why do you feel self-conscious about the looks you are getting? I think that recognizing it's you by asking about a self-help book is good. Try seeking a good therapist. The fact that you are wearing baggy clothes and still think you are getting 'pervy' looks is telling. you need some counseling.